Emperor's Tomb

Tennessee R

Ohh, yes. Lots of people here play it.
I think it's a great action game. I play it when I want fast moving games. Infernal Machine I like for a laid back piddling around game. Fate of Atlantis is a good adventure game. Last Crusade is very similar to FoA.

Katarn07

I own 8 XBOX games. This was the first I bought and that was after I had rented it and beat it. I loved it that much! It is the one I'm currently replaying too! I'm currently in Istanbul which is my favorite chapter next to Sri Lanka (or whatever it was called in '35. Ceylon was it?)

I like it just to run around and punch the crap outta stuff. I love the rumble of the controller! The enviroments are beautiful and there are some neat maps with some neat Tomb Raiderish puzzles to solve. I've yet to find all of the artifacts and love going through in search for them. I just found my first in Prague and Istanbul this time through. Only 18 more to go!

This is one of my favorite games of all time :)

I

Indy_Jones88

Hey

I love the game, the best ever.

Actually there r 30 artifacts. Srry i just wanted to let u know. If u go to cheatcodes.com then it will tell u the location of every artifact. There r 3 on every world, so 3 in ceylon, 3 in instanbul, 3 in netherworld, so on so forth. Srry.

But it is really fun to look for them all. Best game i have ever played.

bungle92

If you get all 30 artifacts, your granted a picture gallery. It doesn't sound too cool but it's interesting to see the many concept drawings and artwork for the game.

Emperor's Tomb is probably my fave Indy video game. Fate of Atlantis was also awesome even though it's been a decade since I played it and I should play it again. I should check out Infernal Machine as well.

And to answer your question Matthias, Sri Lanka was indeed called Ceylon during the '30s.

Last edited:

Katarn07

Re: Hey

Indy_Jones88 said:
I love the game, the best ever.

Actually there r 30 artifacts. Srry i just wanted to let u know. If u go to cheatcodes.com then it will tell u the location of every artifact. There r 3 on every world, so 3 in ceylon, 3 in instanbul, 3 in netherworld, so on so forth. Srry.

I knew that. I was just saying I only need 18 more to go. Might be less. 15-18 more. That's still alot just for.... a picture gallery? It shoulda been a bonus level or the invulnerubility code (which was just released but I don't plan on using it ever). I'll still try and find 'em all. Thanks for the tip on where to find where to get them all, though ;)

I tried IM on PC and didn't like it. I have a friend who has it on N64. Somehow I feel the controls will play out better on that despite it's graphics and quality being less. I'll try it out sometime next time I go to his house. He should play ET when he's at mine; he'd love it no doubt :D

I

Indy_Jones88

ok

ok srry i miss understood. I thought u meant u had only found 2 and had 18 to go lol. srry. im glad i could help a litlle anyway.

Junior Jones

About how long does it take to play the whole game?

My gaming systems are outdated, but I want to buy the game for my Indy collection. My brother has both an Xbox and a PS2 and I could probably borrow one from him for a little while, but not for too long.

Also, is there a difference in the game between systems? If I have a choice, which should I get?

Tennessee R

If I tried, I could probably play the game on hard, all the way through, in less than 6 hours.
But for first play, it will take you several days to a little over a week. Well worth the money.

Junior Jones

A week is doable. My brother's getting married in a few months, and I'm sure he won't need his PS2 while he's on his honeymoon. Maybe I can borrow it for a week then.

I

Indy_Jones88

xbox version has better graphics. Im pretty sure the gameplay and levels are the same. but the graphics r better on Xbox.

Goodsport

Emperor's Tomb is indeed an awesome game (I have it for the PC)! :)

I've noticed that each Indiana Jones has a slightly-different style from each other. Fate of Atlantis was more of a graphc adventure... Infernal Machine was more puzzle/action... Emperor's Tomb was more action/puzzle. They're all different, yet each one was/is fun. :cool:

I wonder what gameplay style the next Indy game will exhibit? :confused:

-G

Katarn07

PC has the best graphics but the controls seem kinda funny with the keyboard and mouse.

With that said, I say the XBOX is superior to all. It took me a week and a half to beat on normal. I'm replaying it on Hard and find that it is indeed more of a challenge but a welcome one :D

S

skywlkrinc

I've been meaning to buy ET but when I was playing the PC version demo I wasn't too impressed with the controls and they weren't very customizable. Is the Xbox version any better? I may still eventually buy the PC version, but I'm not in any hurry.

Luke

Katarn07

Like I said in my last post, the console has alot better control system because it's like Tomb Raider; it's not a FPS ;)

bored

The PC version was soo much better than the X box version. The Xbox version of the game was plagued with various graphical and technical problems, but the PC version was considerably cleaned up when compared to its console cousin. It looks good and feels like a much more "finished" product than its Xbox counterpart

I

Indy_Jones88

hey now be nice to my microsoft product. The xbox version was said to have some bugs in it but mine only froze 3 times. Freezing is normal for any game. It wasnt bad at all. Emerors tomb is my favorite game.