Emperor's Tomb

VP

Moderator Emeritus
And don't waste all your MP-40 ammo at the courtyard. You'll need it later.

Katarn07

VP said:

Actually, don't bother using a gun in that part. I was bareknuckle brawling the whole way through and pulled off some great combos while the Raiders March plays. It's actually one of the most fun (and challenging) fistfights in the game.

Indyologist

Thanks for the tips, guys. I never did like heights.

Those traps in the castle are pretty wicked, too! Some of those blades would put Ginsu to shame! I've already gotten sliced by those bad boys.

whipem

As long as we're talking about throwing people, none of the bad guys can swim very well, so use nearby bodies of water to your advantage!

Indyologist

VP said:

Oops. Too late.

whipem816 said:
As long as we're talking about throwing people, none of the bad guys can swim very well, so use nearby bodies of water to your advantage!

Suggestion processed and stored! I'll try to give the guys some "swimming lessons" when I can.

Also-- hilarious glitch in the game:

I shot this one Nazi and he landed on the second platform on a staircase. I noticed his body-- well-- sinking into the floor. When I went over and examined him close up, the whole top portion of his body was stuck head-first into the stone floor! Nothing but his legs were sticking up out of the floor! Man, wish I could have made a screen capture of that!!! I busted up laughing at that one!

Anyone else here notice any funny glitches?

Last edited:

Webley

Indyologist said:
I noticed his body-- well-- sinking into the floor. When I went over and examined him close up, the whole top portion of his body was stuck head-first into the stone floor! Anyone else here notice any funny glitches?
Some thing like that happened to me one time when I was playing ET I spent a level walking around and Indy was sunk in to the ground up to his knees.

Indyologist

Kewl ET Wallpaper I found

This is my desktop wallpaper for work today... kewl huh?
indy_ad_800.jpg

Johan

Yeah..its old but good for you for finding it tho...I didn't know it was still available.

Katarn07

VP said:
Nah, create a completely new engine.

Agreed. And Doom 3 sucks. Nothing new or innovative about it. Scared the crap out of me at times, but it's just like the original. A senselss shoot 'em up. And a FPS engine is not what is needed for Indy games. How often did he run around a base and shoot people?

Has anyone played Planet of the Apes? That was alot like how Indy should play out. It has no mouse support but still is worth a look :)

And we all just got way off topic.

Indyologist

I'm at "Von Beck's Revenge" now and I have to say that it's a totally frustrating PITA!! I must have died 55 times now-- arrrgh! I mean, it's really exciting but dag is it aggrevating to get through!

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Von Beck's revenge isn't that hard. You just have to complete it. Then it's a piece of cake.

Indyologist

VP said:
Von Beck's revenge isn't that hard. You just have to complete it. Then it's a piece of cake.

Of course it's a "piece of cake" when it's DONE!! It's getting through it that's a pain.

Indyologist

&*$#^&%^ Von Beck!!

Still stuck in "Von Beck's Revenge!" I just can't seem to get those double whip swings down when the floor collapses. The first one is okay, but the second one is a bugger. I try to cut my whip swing short, but it's nasty tricky! I have to push forward with the left thumbstick, then press "B" and "A" really fast. I'd appreciate any suggestions, encouragement, etc. I AM going to get it though, dagnabit!!!