Joint E-mail to Lucas Arts, for Indy Game

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Tennessee R

I don't know if this has ever been done before, but would it be possible to find a Lucas Arts E-mail address, and get all the members of the Raven that want to participate, to send out an E-mail asking that they make more Indiana Jones games, instead of all Star Wars?

This is just a suggestion, and I'm not sure if it would even work. It may have been done before, or may have been thought of before, and ruled out, but I was just thinking.

Please let me know if you think this would be a good idea.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I wouldn't bet my head on it but it wouldn't surprise me if they were already making plans for a new Indy game. But yeah good idea, I'm in!

Indyologist

I'd give it a shot, Tenn, although I have heard that they are going to make a game out of the next Indy movie. However, if we hold our breath waiting for that we'd probably be dead in a week!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Dear LucasArts,
Back in 2002 the finishing touches were being placed upon of Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. However, it was also then when a promise was given to gamers and Indiana Jones fans alike, there would be several more games bearing the title of Indiana Jones in the near future. Now almost 18 months after the inital release, there have been no new annoucements or information regarding a new game.
As both avid gamers and fan of anything Indiana Jones we kindly ask the staff of LucasArts to think about the future of the Indiana Jones games. The genre has a large market and if done in a varity of game types, there is a plethora a titles availible.
Sincerely, the Signed,

So it's a very rough draft...have at it.

Tennessee R

Very very good, Aaron H.

I'll be gone for about three days, participating in a seminar, but when I get back, I'll see if I can make the final arrangements, etc.

Anyway, wonderful. We're gonna' have a new game soon!
Or is that wishful thinking? ;)

Okay, see ya'll in about three days.

westford

Does anyone know where to email this? I looked on the LucasArts website, but could only find email addresses for the online store and for the website itself, not for any of their staff, etc.

There were some postal addresses, but I don't think there were any names.

Just had an idea though - once we have the finished email/letter, we should ask all the Indy fan sites to display a copy/link to it, encouraging more people to send it, or even get websites to endorse it with their logos, etc.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
westford said:
Does anyone know where to email this? I looked on the LucasArts website, but could only find email addresses for the online store and for the website itself, not for any of their staff, etc.

There were some postal addresses, but I don't think there were any names.

Just had an idea though - once we have the finished email/letter, we should ask all the Indy fan sites to display a copy/link to it, encouraging more people to send it, or even get websites to endorse it with their logos, etc.

I have a few address, as does Gilles. Don't worry, we can send this to the right people.:)

Good idea, when we finalize the letter, we can give it to the other fan sites.

Ska

Little grammical/spelling errors fixed:

Dear LucasArts,
Back in 2002 the finishing touches were being placed upon of Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. However, it was also then when a promise was given to gamers and Indiana Jones fans alike, there would be several more games bearing the title of Indiana Jones in the near future. Now almost 18 months after the inital release, there have been no new annoucements or information regarding a new game.
As both avid gamers and fans of anything Indiana Jones, we kindly ask the staff of LucasArts to think about the future of the Indiana Jones games. The genre has a large market, and if done in a variety of game types, there is a plethora of titles available.
Sincerely, the Signed,

BTW, I'm in for signing when it's finalized.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Like I said, it was rough...

I think the letter needs to be a bit longer, but I'm not sure what else to add.

Ska

Could we compare the no. of Indy games to another LucasArts series? Let's say a certain movie involving a war in the space? It seems like there's a new Star Wars game everytime I go to a videogame store. If only my obsession was for it...I'd be broke!

Tennessee R

Okay, I'm back. I think that the message you worked up is good, I have a few things that I had thought of, although they may be corny or the like, but ya'll se what you think about it.

Also, it's good that you have the E-mail addresses. That was one thing that I couldn't find, and was a bit worried about.

So, everyone, and especially Aaron, tell me what you think of this, and don't be afraid to tell me what you don't think would work.

But I think that you have a very good start Aaron.

Dear LucasArts,
Back in 2002 the finishing touches were being placed upon of Indiana Jones and the Emperor?s Tomb.
However, it was also then when a promise was given to gamers and Indiana Jones fans alike, there would be several more games bearing the title of Indiana Jones in the near future.
Now almost 18 months after the inital release, there have been no new annoucements or information regarding a new game.
As both avid gamers and fans of anything Indiana Jones, - Insert #1 ? - we kindly ask the staff of LucasArts to think about the future of the Indiana Jones games.
Replace:
- The genre has a large market, and if done in a variety of game types, there is a plethora of titles available. - with #2 ?
Insert #3 ? (Migh need some work)
Sincerely, the Signed,

#1 - And as a joint effort from the Raven Bar Forum, one of the largest fan forums dedicated to Indiana Jones in existence,
#2 - With 1,337 members on that forum alone, we believe that the genre has a large market, and if done in a variety of game types, that the response, and the purchasers of the new games would be very overwhelming.
#3 - Some of the avid fans have helped compose this letter, and certain of those will send out this letter again, in a serious request to those at Lucas Arts to consider exercising their talent to create more Indiana Jones-based adventure games .

Tennessee R

So, the end result, if ya?ll think that these are good ideas, would be something like this:

Dear LucasArts,
Back in 2002 the finishing touches were being placed upon of Indiana Jones and the Emperor?s Tomb.
However, it was also then when a promise was given to gamers and Indiana Jones fans alike, there would be several more games bearing the title of Indiana Jones in the near future.
Now almost 18 months after the inital release, there have been no new annoucements or information regarding a new game.
As both avid gamers and fans of anything Indiana Jones, And as a joint effort from the Raven Bar Forum, one of the largest fan forums dedicated to Indiana Jones in existence, we kindly ask the staff of LucasArts to think about the future of the Indiana Jones games.
With 1,337 members on that forum alone, we believe that the genre has a large market, and if done in a variety of game types, that the response, and the purchasers of the new games would be very overwhelming.
Some of the avid fans have helped compose this letter, and certain of those will send out this letter again, in a serious request to those at Lucas Arts to consider exercising their talent to create more Indiana Jones-based adventure games.

Sincerely, the Signed,

Ska

Tennessee R said:
exercising their talent

Ohhhh...good one.

What about saying, "1,337 members and growing daily"... or something to that effect. It would show that new Indy fans are being "born" everyday.