Joint E-mail to Lucas Arts, for Indy Game

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Ska

Yeah I wasn't really sure either. What's on your mind, bro?

And who voted to not send the email?

Tennessee R

SKAbatula said:
Yeah I wasn't really sure either. What's on your mind, bro?

And who voted to not send the email?

I was wondering that more than my last question. Although I just convinced myself that it was somebody like Chatter Lal, or somebody that was so chicken that he/she couldn't give the reason that they disagreed for being too scared.

Tennessee R

Oh, okay, thanks VP.

So, the end result, if ya?ll think that these are good ideas, would be something like this:

Dear LucasArts,
Back in 2002 the finishing touches were being placed upon of Indiana Jones and the Emperor?s Tomb.
However, it was also then when a promise was given to gamers and Indiana Jones fans alike, there would be several more games bearing the title of Indiana Jones in the near future.
Now almost 18 months after the initial release, there have been no new annoucements or information regarding a new game.
As both avid gamers and fans of anything Indiana Jones, And as a joint effort from the Raven Bar Forum, one of the largest fan forums dedicated to Indiana Jones in existence, we kindly ask the staff of LucasArts to think about the future of the Indiana Jones games.
With 1,337 members on that forum alone, we believe that the genre has a large market, and if done in a variety of game types, that the response, and the purchasers of the new games would be very overwhelming.
Some of the avid fans have helped compose this letter, and certain of those will send out this letter again, in a serious request to those at Lucas Arts to consider exercising their talent to create more Indiana Jones-based adventure games.

Sincerely, the Signed,

How do you like it Aaron?

Tennessee R

Indydan13 said:
I Indydan13, approve and highly support thid great idea.
BTW: Ask if HF would actually do the voices...

Glad you like the idea. Although I am just as much for using Harrison Ford's voice, and think that it adds to the general quality of the game, I am afraid that it would put us in an unfavorable light to Lucas Arts such as

"All these people send a message wanting more games, yet they won't be happy with just that. They are such a picky group that they want to tell us how to make our games"

Although I know that that is not your purpose, I'm trying to think in the worst way that they might mentally respond after recieving this letter.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Just a small change

Dear LucasArts,
Back in 2002 the finishing touches were being placed upon of Indiana Jones and the Emperor?s Tomb.
However, it was also then when a promise was given to gamers and Indiana Jones fans alike, there would be several more games bearing the title of Indiana Jones in the near future.
Now almost 18 months after the initial release, there have been no new annoucements or information regarding a new game.
As both avid gamers and fans of anything Indiana Jones as well as a joint effort from the Raven Bar Forum, one of the largest fan forums dedicated to Indiana Jones in existence, and the Indiana Jones fansite community, we kindly ask the staff of LucasArts to think about the future of the Indiana Jones games.
With 1,337 members on that forum alone and the countless visitors to the many fansites, we believe that the genre has a large market, and if done in a variety of game types, that the response, and the purchasers of the new games would be very overwhelming.
Some of the avid fans have helped compose this letter, and certain of those will send out this letter again, in a serious request to those at Lucas Arts to consider exercising their talent to create more Indiana Jones-based adventure games.

Sincerely, the Signed,

--
I added in some lines so that way we can send this letter to the fansites and get their "signatures" to it as well.

Finn

Staff member
Those are useless... this e-mail, letter, whatever... especially signed by real persons, in fact appears lot more effective than a long list of names (lot of them nicks) on some online petition... the Web is full of them.

westford

I thought about that too VP, but like Finn said, it's unlikely to be effective. I also thought about us all sending the email individually, but I dunno if spamming LucasArts inbox will get them to like us! :p

Perhaps the main email/letter accompanied by names (and selected comments?) would be a better way to go. Since Aaron and Gilles already have 'contacts', they could pass them on. An email address (newindygame@theraider.net or something?) could be set up to collect signatures and comments from fans. That would be quite easy to advertise on other sites too. (Plus if LucasArts wanted them, the individual emails could be forwarded to them)

Last edited:

Tennessee R

Okay, that's great, Aaron.
I'm sending you a PM, and, everyone, get you 'writing hand' ready. (Or should I say 'typing fingers'?) ;)

Luckylighter

I think this is a great idea, and while we're at it, we should address the issue of the lack of merchandise in general. More action figures that you don't have to go to the Disney Parks or Ebay to acquire; maybe a line of MacFarlane Toys, you know, something really accurate.

I just want to see more Indy anything: games, toys, whatever...just more merchandise in general.

Tennessee R

Luckylighter said:
I think this is a great idea, and while we're at it, we should address the issue of the lack of merchandise in general. More action figures that you don't have to go to the Disney Parks or Ebay to acquire; maybe a line of MacFarlane Toys, you know, something really accurate.
I just want to see more Indy anything: games, toys, whatever...just more merchandise in general.

Glad you like the idea.

Although it would be good to have more of everything, I think
that we need to stick to one question for this letter. I am not sure that Lucas Arts are in control of those other things that you mentioned.
This might be something for the next petition, but, in my opinion, I think that we need to keep this one short and to the point.
Although I am new to writing business-like things, I am trying to think what the psycological results of the letter will be in the eyes of Lucas Arts, and I think that they would think that more than one question in this letter would be a little pushy.

Anyway, I have sent probably the final, or second to final draft, to Aaron, and he has said before, that those officials at the Raven have good E-mail Addresses for Lucas Arts.
I have not done anything like this before, but I think that you usually put it on a website, or something of the sort, where everybody can use his name on it. Or something like that. Anyway, I'll have to see what Aaron answers back, and hopefully, we'll be able to get this thing rolling real soon! ;)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Here is my line of thinking...

We send this letter to each of the major fansites...doesn't have to be English...and ask them if they want to be represented on the letter with their name, website, and avg. daily site viewership.
Then with the "main letter" signed we also have a fan letter (same letter, just with all the names of the various fans) via an online petition that is screened for bogus entries.

We also ask the the fansite owners to post said petition. (btw, it'll take several of us to "moderate" the signatures)

Then when the deadline hits we close the petition and send it with the "main letter" to LucasArts.

Sound like a plan?

Finn

Staff member
Sounds good.

Of course, to make this as reliable as possible (you know, to show that we really mean business with this thing), be it the main or the fan one, we ought to request real name and a valid e-mail address... signing anonymously using a nick shouldn't do.