• Yes

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Tennessee R

Aaron H said:
Here is my line of thinking...

We send this letter to each of the major fansites...doesn't have to be English...and ask them if they want to be represented on the letter with their name, website, and avg. daily site viewership.
Then with the "main letter" signed we also have a fan letter (same letter, just with all the names of the various fans) via an online petition that is screened for bogus entries.

We also ask the the fansite owners to post said petition. (btw, it'll take several of us to "moderate" the signatures)

Then when the deadline hits we close the petition and send it with the "main letter" to LucasArts.

Sound like a plan?

Sounds great.

So, how would we start? by asking www.TheRaider.net , http://koti.mbnet.fi/vpr/indy/ , www.theindyexperience.com/ , Should we send it to www.indygear.com/ , and others?

Anyway, how would this work? would it be a form on each website that remembers peopls signatures, or what?

intergamer

1337 members??

I can't believe that's a coincidence - something's up.

The the actual number of members from a simple counting seems skewed by about 50 from the number up front. Is that because deleted accounts and what not are still listed on the official count but not on the member list. Is it really a coincidence that the member count said 1337 not too long ago?

Last edited:

Tennessee R

I ended up with around 1250-1260 - 126 pages on the members list, with 10 on each page.

And, yes, I did forget to write down the Lost Pages, although, I was thinking about it as I wrote that last message.
Thanks Webley.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I will send this out to the websites tomorrow.
Are we agreed on the contents of the letter?

whipem

I'll definitely be a signer. Perhaps we could suggest that LucasArts use the Raven for suggestions? Something like, "The patrons of The Raven also believe that this message board can be used as a source of various ideas and suggestions."

Tennessee R

That's great, Westford.
I'm not sure if Aaron has sent the letter yet, and I'm not sure how this is being done, but I'm guessing that as soon as he reads this, he can act in the same way as he has for the aforementioned ones.

Whatever comes of this, whether, we get a new game, or no, I will have to say thank you to Aaron H for his genuine help in this matter, for, as being so completely new to this, I have not done much, save give an idea.

All of you have been great at making me feel important, and I thank everyone for supporting this, and, westford, and VP, for mentioning your sites, for possibly putting the petition on.

Tennessee R

Do you know the owners?

Aaron, have you already sent that message out? I guess you could send it to these sites also.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I haven't sent it out, life got too busy.:(

I want to make sure, however, that we get this to most of the sites as possible. So if you have contact info for those sites or know of any others, please post it here to this thread.

Tennessee R

That's oaky, I understand completely when you say life got too busy. This is ceartainly second-hand to actual living. ;)
And, I'm not familliar with those sites VP mentioned, but perhaps he has contact info on those.

Indyologist

My question is: How are you going to make sure that this e-mail gets into Lucas/Spielburg's hands directly? I don't see how that's possible. Really, does anyone here have a direct connection to anyone in the "The Rich, Beautiful People That Mean Something" set?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
We don't need any of the "biggies" to see this message, only the guys at LucasArts...and I have their contact info.

Tennessee R

Aaron H said:
We don't need any of the "biggies" to see this message, only the guys at LucasArts...and I have their contact info.

Do you have the message written up, or do you need help, or will you just put together a simple, to-the-point message very quickly?