Fate of Atlantis hints and tech help

vjbabe26

hope you guys can help me with this...

just got a copy of indiana jones and the fate of atlantis game for pc. i'm at the part where indy is looking at the chest plate of a statue after the maze (the part where you need to assemble the 5 parts gathered at the maze). now here's my problem: after getting on the view to look at the plate assembly, when you click out to see indy...he's disappeared! i really don't know what happened, tried quitting the game then starting it up but still the same thing! i'm too darned far in the game to give up now! is there any fix for this?

omega5ooo

Okay at the beginning there is this "thing" where you have to set sun, moon and volcano on the right position. You need the manual for it. I don't have the manual. :( Could someone please post the codes or a link to the manual. Thanks.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
You'll need a crack. You can download it by clicking <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/me/jakub/indy/games/atlantcrk.zip">here</a>. Unzip it to your FoA folder.

Canyon

Hi there! There's good news, and there's bad news...

The good news is i've just looked in the manual and it says the following:

"Once you've started the program, a screen will appear displaying three concentric locking stones, arranged on a spindle. You will be asked to align the locking stones to match the illustrations found in the marginsof this manual. To do so, turn to the page indicated on screen and check the referenced illstrations. Click on the edges of each locking stone until its alignment is correct. Once you have alligned all three stones, click on the central spindle."

The bad news is that there are several drawings of these locking stones scattered across the pages of the manual and my scanner isn't working at the moment.

Is anyone else able to help?

omega5ooo

Thanks to you both.. :) VP the link isn't working... I'll search for the crack on another page with google... I'll tell you if I found it.

Indy87

thats wierd I bought this game from Lucasarts and installed it and NEVER had to do that
installed it and played

KyleRipman

I decided to play FOA again today, but it seems the voices refuse to work properly; the characters talk for a second or two then fall silent. I've googled for a solution to this but came up empty.
Any ideas?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I seem to recall a similar problem once. Don't know if I ever solved it though.

If you haven't already, I might suggest heading over to Lucasarts and getting the patch for FoA...I think it had something to do with the sound.

KyleRipman

I also noticed that when I enable voices, and they're done talking, I am unable to control Jones.

Well, I tried the patch and followed the directions, but all I get when launching the game now is a solid black screen.

Indy Benson

Hello, I'm new here, and I ran into the same problem as Omega5ooo did. But I was unsucessful in getting that crack from the megagames link to work (I believe the error message said something about the site itself running out of space?)

Anybody have any other ideas?

Kumba

It's really sad; I got FoA, oh, about 3 years ago I think, but I've never been able to get the sound to work right. I tried downloading that patch, but it only works for later computer models; I have Window 98, which I think is the best. The music works in the game, but I can't hear the voices or some of the sound effects. And I have soundblaster!!! Errr, this is why I like consoles better, cause you don't have to deal with all that port number stuff and buffer rate. I think FoA had the best story, and then IM. I'm not sure if Emperor's Tomb is very creditable though. Haha, well same goes with IM, with the Aetherium and all, and the old lady turning young, but I like the whole story of Babel thing much better anyways.