Infernal Machine hints and tech help

Patrick

Does that help? Or not... I played on the computer...with my computer... The controls were perfect for IM why not for ET?

Pier 1981

Kumba, I always play that level when I turn on my console, but that damn beam doesn't appear...do u mean that I should restart the level from the beginning?!? That sucks...=(

Kumba

Yeah, you have to; if you save it when the those "pillars" are screwed up, they will stay screwed up. Blame those lazy bastards at Factor 5! They did a poor job of testing that game. If you think the music sounds bad in IM, it's not, it's just that there are all those bugs in the system. Now trust me, you start that Aetherium level from the beginning when you turn on your console, and those pillars will be there. Oh, and make sure your whip is charged!

rich

Please can anybody help.ive had the same problems on this level,Infernal Machine as other people have had.Indy will not jump up into the passageway above him.the patch will not work,and to make things worse,by trying numbers of solutions,i have wiped all my saves off-yes i know,i thought i had backed them up.can anybody send me a save to the start of level 15-the infernal machine,or as near as.many thanks rich.Btw,i am playing it on the p.c.

[Edited by rich on 07-31-2003 at 11:53 am]

nd

Sorry, took some time until I found your post :)

I have a bunch of savegames available at:
ftp://ftp.soulianis.com/archive/indy/

In the "start" subdirectory you find a start file for level #15. Beware, however, that you will most probably encounter more problem during this level. So there is another subdirectory named "15_MACHINE" which has five savegames which should help to overcome those.

Good luck!

Eric1975

:confused: I have my currently favorite Indiana Jones game for Windows XP on my Dad's Dell computer and the game works great, I just can't get a Logitech gamepad to work right. Is there a place that I have to download a profile for it or what? I can assign the buttons in the Controls Options menu fine, but can't assign the analog joysticks or the cross pad. Is there a place to find something to fix this minor prob? Lol, I can't get over those smilies, they are the best that I have ever seen. Is there anyway I can use those in my email? Also, I stated in another post that I think it would spectacular to see the Indiana Jones Trilogy somehow created using the same game engine as Emperor's Tomb. I am a tech retard as so many are, and how to improve a BIT of that this year. Lol (Bit, the name of the little dude in the first Tron movie, and Byte, name of the one in Tron 2.0, which I also enjoy playing) Anyway, as I am a Catholic+Christian I ask that Our Lord will always abundantly bless all of the great work of the LucasArts and LucasGames companies that are such a blessing to edutainment as Mr. Lucas has sometimes called it. I hope he and Mr. Spielberg will be able this year to release the Young Indiana Jones adventures on DVD, which I hope to see, as I am a passionate artifex that loves cultural anthropolgy. Cheers for the New Years my friends! :D

Eric1975

Some Tech Support Please?

:whip: Yep. That would be it. I have tried to install this game on Win Xp after downloading Service Pack 1 and (KB) Article 327979 and I don't know where these downloaded files are supposed to moved to. I have Service Pack 2 installed and tried to install 1 and the computer started giving me a hard time, so I just gave up on it yesterday. Can't you have both service packs installed along with the Article file? argh...Like I said I am certainly not a tech wizard in any sense of the word. Thanks for any help you can provide. Eric1975 :confused:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I just tried my Thrustmaster pad. It works fine. I chose something like default 2-axis 8-button pad and Enable Joystick/Pad.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Read this:

http://support.lucasarts.com/trg/xp/infernal.htm

What you may want to do is go to the IM folder (c:\program files\lucasarts\infernal machine ... or whatever it is) and right click on the .exe file. Click properties from the list. Then under the compatibility tab, choose the option to run the game in Windows 98 mode.

There may be some glitches every now an again, but that is the only way I've gotten it to work.

Ruffled2

Hi there! :)
This is my 1st time post... I really hope someone out there can help me!

I've been STUCK in neverland for 1 whole week in King Sol's Mines - in the area of the Pool where you go in to swim in tunnel where the crates are and go up where the Sarcophaguses are and there are ledges to go up to a Gold Door.

The problem is that when I swim up and jump on the lowest pillar, there is no entrance in the walls to be able to jump from one pillar to the other to reach the Gold Door up there! The walls are completely SOLID!!! I've tried & tried many times and even going back some saved games in the level to restart my actions but nothing works. I noticed also, that when I jump the ledge where some spiders are to get the Red gem, one section after where you crawl under and a couple of spiders are there - one of the spiders is 'stuck' in the floor and Indy doesn't even aim the gun to kill it! I needed to blast it with a grenade to kill it and then proceed to go back to mine cart...

I really don't know what's wrong???
I have a XP OS, 512 MB, 80GB and never had problems with games before. Could it be that the CD is faulty?? Or is it something else??

I wish I could get from someone a saved game for this level if I can't continue at all because of this glitch!!!

PLEASE HELP ASAP! :eek:
S.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
There's your problem right there. Windows XP does not support Infernal Machine, there is a work around. First download any patches from LucasArts (http://support.lucasarts.com). Second, run the game in Windows 98 mode. To do that, follow these steps:
1. Go to c:\program files\lucasarts\indiana jones and the infernal machine (or whatever directory it was installed to)
2. Right click on the game's .exe file (ijim.exe if I recall)
3. Select "Properties" from the list
4. Click on the Compatibility tab
5. Check the box that says "Run this program..."
6. Choose Windows 98 from the list.

While it won't fix all the problems, it should fix 99% of them.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
welcome_tumma.jpg

Welcome, Ruffled2.

Moved to Indy Video Games. If you can't proceed, then here's a savegame for the next level.

Attachments

• start_14_NUB.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 167

Finn

Staff member
Hi.

I think I know what you're talking about... have you seen the cinematic where Indy escapes the commie bazooka trap with his mine cart? If not, then go back to the cart shack, set the rails so that you can go one merry-go-round past all the switches (straight from switches #1, #2 and #3)... and then try again.

<small>Also, the spider you mentioned has been "standing on four legs" since the very first version of the game and never been fixed. Easiest way to finish it is to slash it with a machete.</small>

Infernal Machine Tech probs

Lo all virtual indy fans :p , i need ur help ur my last hope...

Well there goes my prob, when i try to shoot with any weapon, that arent the pistols, like machine gun or shotgun, my game crashes and goes to desktop :sick: :( :confused: it makes no sense HELP!! :D

Well always thxfull. :whip:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Are you using Windows XP? You could try running it in compatibility mode.