Infernal Machine hints and tech help

nd

Infernal Machine - GameBoy Color - Stuck in Shambala

As the Infernal Machine for Game Box Color was missing in my collection, I hunted for and finally found one on eBay. It is a nice little game, however different from the Infernal Machine PC version which I know very good BTW.

Until I reached the Shambala level, I managed to gain maximum IQ score so far. But now I am stuck...

Anyone here who knows Infernal Machine for GBC? If so, can you help?

In Shambala, when you reach the 'bell ringer' statue you have to climb down until you reach the clockface. There, you climb down once more to put the cog wheel in place.

Back at the clockface, a timed sequence begins where you have to climb up to activate the 'bell ringer'. This is where I get stuck: On the way back to the 'bell ringer', a ledge is too high so that I cannot go further. The way I go (IMO the only way to go) is as follows: (1) From the clockface into the left door -> leading to the right door, (2) from the right door jumping the ladder and climbing up, (3) from the top of the ladder into the next door -> leding to the right door one level below, then (4) stuck: cannot reach the left door because the ledge is too high.

Thanks for your help and patience!

nd

Ok, I could solve it :cool:

The ledge in question could in fact be jumped, but only from a specific spot, which was not obvious (at least not for me ;) ).

JeremiahGateFan

Indiana Jones: The infernal machine----I NEED HELP

I'm not new to this style of forums ( joined a Stargate forum and a civilization forum) but as you will see from the number of posts, to this site, I am a nube. After playing so many games that are all about the reflexes and none about the mind, I decided to play my Nintendo 64 game and I got stuck.

I am at the Volcano. I am at the part with a double gate and I have pressed the button to open gate #1. I have read two walkthroughs from gamespot.com and both of them said that I needed to get on the Island in the water. I am pretty sure that he is reffering to the stony stucture containing an incline (assisted by a staircase) and two torches at the top.

EDIT: I just realized this could be a little hard to visualize. The rooms are filled with water. The stony structure is the island and it is on the west side of the room. The double gate is on the north side and the entrance is on the south side. There is a Funeral barge in a seperate area that is connected to the south west side of the room.

However, it's too high up. You can't climb up it. I've tried jumping from both sides and it's too far. I've tried pulling out my whip and it doesn't lock on to anything.

Can someone please help me. I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: Also, I don't cheat. I don't know the people of this website but I know there are lots of cheaters out there. I don't use them unless I've beat the game and I just want to mess around but I havn't beat the game and I don't want to mess around. I want to beat the game. Thanks again to anyone who responds!!

Last edited:

JeremiahGateFan

If God's out there, he's with me cuz I just figured it out. I re-read the second walkthrough and realized it said to swim to the far corner of the room, get out of the water , then jump to the island. It's sounded like there was a second platform and since I never even considered that to be a possibility, I overlooked it.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Nice to know you figured out yourself. I'm still stuck but that's because I suck at PC games, I'm more a PS2 gal myself.
Anyway....

Welcome to the Raven, JeremiahGateFan!!!!!!! :whip:

I'm a fan of Stargate too but not on the level where I join the forums.

Finn

Staff member
Violet Indy said:
Nice to know you figured out yourself. I'm still stuck but that's because I suck at PC games, I'm more a PS2 gal myself.
Still at Tian Shan, eh?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, what can I say between moving, university, Easter, going to a party on Monday and trying to get a job with pay to get by, I simply had to get my proirities straight and give up on IM.

Finn

Staff member
Well, I think you could have found a ten minutes somewhere to actually go down the rapids once in the raft... but hey, each to their own, I'm not blaming you.

intergamer

On the other hand, I AM blaming you. Make a play!! YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME???? You were born for this moment! You've been preparing your soul for Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine since the day you were born! Now get out there and go down that raft. Give em hell, Violet, and win just one for the Zipper.

JeremiahGateFan

right now i'm saving up for a better pc, when i get one I will probably buy some more of this type of game cuz playing the old one has got me hooked, I'm very big on puzzle/strategy games. Some Mario games, Sid Meier's Civilization 3 and 4, morrowind, and now Idiana Jones,

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
intergamer said:
On the other hand, I AM blaming you. Make a play!! YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME???? You were born for this moment! You've been preparing your soul for Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine since the day you were born! Now get out there and go down that raft. Give em hell, Violet, and win just one for the Zipper.

Some people around here.... So sad.... So sick..... What are you on this time, Intergamer? Finn's right... what ever it is, stop sniffing it.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Trying to be controversial again, VP? OK, fine I admit it.... As well as sucking at PC games, I'm too lazy to spend my time on it....But hey I'm female, if we can't do it we leave it alone and hope someone else can do it for us....

montana

Help with Shambala

After reading on this very forum that Infernal Machine works well on XP if you just have WMP on in the background, I dug this fantastic old game up. However, I'm having trouble with the level Shambala Sanctuary. I'll be more specific. When I'm using some kind of an elevator, I find a door, but I need the key. The keyhole looks like a cross, so when I go back to the room where there is a wooden cross in an alcove, I try to pick it up, but Indy doesn't react. What's wrong? Is it a bug? Or maybe it's not the key I'm looking for? I've tried dozens of walkthroughs to no avail. Could someone please help?

Thankfull for replies.

Finn

Staff member
It's hard to say from your description if you're attempting to pick up a simple ornament and not the real deal or if it's really some kind of odd incompatibility bug.

On another note, did you install the 1.2 patch while playing this level and then loaded up an old savegame? Because that is known to cause Indy not picking the damn thing up.

If you have any saves from the previous level I recommend trying it again from there.

montana

Thanks for the reply Finn. No, I didn't install a patch, and I don't have a savegame from a previous level. To bad. Maybe you know a link where I can download a savegame from the previous level with the river (the end, so I don't have to do it again?