Infernal Machine hints and tech help

montana

Hmm, actually, I solved this problem by downloading a savegame from the previous level, so now Indy can pick up the Great Monestary Seal. However, you've confused me with this 1.2 patch. If I install it now, will it affect my savegame in any way?
You said:
On another note, did you install the 1.2 patch while playing this level and then loaded up an old savegame? Because that is known to cause Indy not picking the damn thing up.

Maybe I should wait with installing this patch until I finish the Shambala level?:confused:

Finn

Staff member
If you already have the seal, I guess it's okay to try and install the patch and continue playing from your latest save. Or finish the level, save near the end and then install.

You may still have to install the patch before finishing Shambala, as one of the most annoying bugs in the game known as the "Ice Monster bug" (which crashes the game when you start fighting the boss) is present at 1.0.

So I honestly recommend running the patch ASAP, then starting from whichever save you feel comfortable with, but I'd prefer something from the previous level (or the one I posted).

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Shambala has lots of weird bugs, I've run into at least four. Once the camera pulled back up after the intro scene, then Indy couldn't pick up the Monastery Seal, then the Ice Monster didn't jump down and finally after I killed it the ice block didn't crack.

Doctorjones

Lighting up Levels

Does anybody no of a way to lighten up my game (Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine). It's particularly dark in Shambala and also Palawan Lagoon, where I can't see athing inside the ship. I have tried changing Display settings and computers monitor settings but it has changed nothing. I thought it might be because I was playing it on xp but not sure? Anybody else encountered this problem? Thanks for help.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Use the lighter. :cool:

Or if you're underwater pump up the monitor brightness.

Doctorjones

Yeah we use the lighter almost all the time and it make hardly any difference. The monitor brightness doesnt get any brighter.

Doctorjones

Thanks, Im on some levels that are slightly lighter for abit now. So i'll just get on with it and finish the game again.

Gillman

Infernal Machine Tech Support Help Please

All,

I'm running Infernal Machine on Vista. The first two levels played great, now when loading the 3rd level, I get the following error:

Assert Handler
sithPuppet.c(3935): strlen(pKeyframe->aName) > 0

Here's what I've done to try to remedy the situation:
Compatibility Mode to Win98-- game won't even launch

I've tried the following with no changes:
Avoided buying items between levels
Patched to what appears to be version 1.2
Changed display settings to several different lower options
Downloaded different save game files. Levels 1 and 2 still work, but 3 and 4 won't go.
Ran with windows media player open (it's version 11)
Disabled my wingman controller.

Any thoughts on what I should try next? It looks like other folks have posted to the net with similar problems (I googled assert handler and "infernal machine") but nobody seems to take it too seriously.

Finn

Staff member
Ah, the bugs while running the Infernal Machine under Windows XP or newer. Numerous they are. And persistent. (If you're interested in useless tidbits of info, that sith babble refers to the old Jedi Knight engine IM is built on.)

AssertHandler message hints a disc drive -based problem. The crash occured during a loading screen to Tian Shan (the "red line" secquence), not actual gameplay, am I correct? It appears the program has trouble checking your disc. Another problem could be Windows Media 11, try downgrading to version 9 or 10 (if it just is possible with Vista, can't recall if it was or not).

So, for starters... obtain a non-copy protected game executive and downgrade down to an earlier WM player version and see if it works. If it doesn't... well, get back here and we'll scratch our heads some more.

Gillman

Just for fun, I tried loading some of the save-game files I had downloaded.

I was able to load the Peru level and fire the rocket launcher-- no issues there.

Finn, you're right, it's while loading. I am going to try your suggestions soon, and I might send you a private message or two.

I wonder if I could install multiple versions of media player....

I've also thought of installing the game on my xp laptop to see if I can play the bugged levels from there...

DiscoLad

Infernal Machine glitch?

I was playing Indy J. & the Infernal Machine...and I whip by accident and as I'm putting my whip up, hit it again right ass he's about to put it into his bag and hold it...Now Indy slides when I do that as long as I hold it..anyone notice that or is it just me?

Dust McAlan

I've had a lot of glitches playing Infernal Machine on Windows XP---most notably the heavy weaponry glitch. Sticking to revolver, .45 or auto-pistol will swerve around this glitch, and also, saving often is highly recommended. I've had a couple of times where Indy got stuck in a wall or kept on sliding. Hit reload and cross your fingers. I haven't found a working link to the update patch that resolves the XP problems, so if anyone has a link to said patch, that would be greatly appreciated.

Dust McAlan said:
I've had a lot of glitches playing Infernal Machine on Windows XP---most notably the heavy weaponry glitch. Sticking to revolver, .45 or auto-pistol will swerve around this glitch, and also, saving often is highly recommended. I've had a couple of times where Indy got stuck in a wall or kept on sliding. Hit reload and cross your fingers. I haven't found a working link to the update patch that resolves the XP problems, so if anyone has a link to said patch, that would be greatly appreciated.

There is no XP patch.

LostArk

I'm playing this great game on my computer and it looks like I've come across a glitch.

Before the Babylon chapter ends, I have to move a block to activate the elevator but it just doesn't move :confused:

Any hints or help would be appreciated.

PeteNeon

Does this game work on Vista? I've had it for about 7 years, when they first released it as a LucasArts classic. It worked on 98, played half of the Canyonlands on PC, and doesnt seem to load on Vista.

I'm not sure about the 2 disc thing. It never reminds me to put disc 2 in and it installed quite quickly.

LostArk

PeteNeon said:
Does this game work on Vista? I've had it for about 7 years, when they first released it as a LucasArts classic. It worked on 98, played half of the Canyonlands on PC, and doesnt seem to load on Vista.

I'm not sure about the 2 disc thing. It never reminds me to put disc 2 in and it installed quite quickly.

Well it does because thats what I'm playing it on :hat: