The Avatar Game

The Drifter

Well, I had an idea for a game last night.
You will try to guess what scene, and which of the movies my avatar is from. If guessed correct, someone will guess yours.
If your avatar is from the YIJC or the games, someone must guess which episode, or which game.

DiscoLad

Hmmm...Looks like the seen in "Raiders" where their being talked to by he Agents at the beggining right as Brody goes on about the Ark's "unspeakable power" and being able to lay waste to mountains...

Is that it?...lol, if it is then I seriously need a life...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IndysGal41 said:
sooooo wheres the ava?

It's over on the left, just like yours is. Some of us are actually happy with the ones provided us by the administration. (And for the record, I was plain old "Attila the Professor" long before I was ever on the moderation team.)

Gear

Off topic but by the way, where did the name AtP come from and what prompted Musgrove as your avatar?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
gear guardian said:
Off topic but by the way, where did the name AtP come from and what prompted Musgrove as your avatar?

Heh, funnily enough, I just answered that question earlier today.

At any rate, Musgrove has a certain scholarly earnestness and awkwardness that I enjoy, and that scene is one of my favorites in <I>Raiders</I>. Also, he's not exactly a character I'd expect anyone else to use, and you know how that appeals to me.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
WillKill4Food said:
I'd always percieved you as being older.

Yeah, there's probably a degree to which I cultivate that appearance, online at least. Also, the joke goes that I'm prematurely an old man; many of my closest friends are as well. But, as I like to say, real maturity is knowing when to be immature.

Anyhow...back on topic, gang.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Something I don't quite grasp in this game... who decides if the answer is right or wrong? After all, with these standard avys, its carrier shouldn't technically have any better knowledge of its origin than the one guessing it.

WillKill4Food

Finn said:
Something I don't quite grasp in this game... who decides if the answer is right or wrong? After all, with these standard avys, its carrier shouldn't technically have any better knowledge of its origin than the one guessing it.
I'm not exactly sure that the creator of this game considered that. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm almost 100% positive that I know which scene your avatar is from - the end of the train chase.

Last edited:

The Drifter

Finn said:

I must admit that this game failed. If you or another mod would close it, it would be appreciated.
I think I should shy away from creating topics of my own, eh?

DiscoLad

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I must admit that this game failed. If you or another mod would close it, it would be appreciated.
I think I should shy away from creating topics of my own, eh?

Nooo....It was very creative and I think I got the first one right...
I think we just got off topic...

WillKill4Food

Well, then, I'll go ahead and guess that Discolad's avy is a picture of the original Monkey Man action figure.
Amazing, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
WillKill4Food said:
Well, then, I'll go ahead and guess that Discolad's avy is a picture of the original Monkey Man action figure.
Amazing, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Of course, we could make this a conversation about why our avatars suit us, although I imagine that by the fourth or so edition of either "ya, im adventurous just like indy" or "I luv being able to check out Harry when Im at the raven" I'll be looking for the slightest reason to close the damned thing...