Why Did They Not Use This Poster?!?!?

indyclone25

c'mon mindy indy and the kotcs wasn't all that bad ? im sure you like some parts , and it was entertaining for two hours --- but yes drew did alot of great posters --- i wonder if there is more outthere we havent seen yet?

|ZiR|

indyclone25 said:
here is the picture
indy20crystal20skull20-20whip.jpg

I love the colors in this; they're so rich and warm. Very "old" Indy vibe but I'm not crazy about Harrison's stance. He appears very barrel-chested and stumpy.

indyclone25 said:
this was nice too, i thought i had that poster but all i have is the warehouse
IJ4_kotcs-swingposter.jpg

I don't like this as a movie poster at all. Not that it isn't good, because it is. It's just that it seems more like a comic book or novel cover. I can't see it working as a proper movie poster.

Lance Quazar

mindy muffles said:
I must say that the posters for this film were great! It's a shame that the film itself did not live up to the hype. I almost wish I had never seen the film but instead just looked at the posters and wondered how great Indy 4 was.

Heh. True. I love the ones that just said "INDY" and "May 22" on 'em. Very cool. Wish the movie hadn't ruined the poster.

Regarding these two, I dunno. I think the first one looks kinda posed and fake. Not a very dynamic pose at all, like an aging Harrison is trying to strike an action pose, but his back is gonna cramp if he leans too far into it.

Udvarnoky

Lance Quazar said:
Wish the movie hadn't ruined the poster.

Heh! People can complain all they want about how the Indy team didn't bring their A-game to this movie, but a guy named Drew sure did.

No Ticket

I haven't seen either of those posters before but that one of Indy standing at the bottom of the steps is AWESOME.

A
W
E
S
O
M
E

... awesome possum. (y)

I kind of wish that had been used more or something because I love it. The other one is actually pretty darn cool too, even though the "Jones" and "May 22" part are added digitally and not part of the poster. But I think it should have been used more too.

Darth Vile

No Ticket said:
I haven't seen either of those posters before but that one of Indy standing at the bottom of the steps is AWESOME.

I kind of wish that had been used more or something because I love it. The other one is actually pretty darn cool too, even though the "Jones" and "May 22" part are added digitally and not part of the poster. But I think it should have been used more too.

They were used extensively in the UK. Many cinemas had all the Indy banners hanging from the rafters. It was great...

Short Rounded

Yeah, that is a cool poster. To bad they didn't use it. Now it is collectable. You can call it the "Secret Crystal Skull Poster".:D

so wah mu

Show me the idol!

Dewy9 said:
I love that one. I'm also a big fan of the one which has Indy swinging on the whip with the Ugha warriors in the background.

Have you got the goods? Please demonstrate your wares.

But yeah I think I vaguely remember seeing this one (Indy 4 banner with whip) at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes last year.

..and F*@k yeah...I want it too. :cool:

Drew just knows how to capture the essence of Harrison. I hadn't seen the exploding cargo box one before. But what's that aura thing around him, on the teaser poster and banner? Is it to contrast his profile on the background -I know nothing about art..???

Last edited:

StoneTriple

I like those, but not as much as the official teaser. It has a darker tone to it that I really like. Love the giant skull.

indy4_teaser_poster.jpg

And add me to the group of people that think Struzan has Indy down to a science. His covers for the adult novels are excellent as well. In fact, the teaser is also the cover to one of the paperbacks of Kingdom.

caats

yeah that official one is my fav Indy poster. love it. damn, reading these threads always make me wanna break out Indy4 and watch.

Indy's Fist

I wonder why studios went away from these wonderfully painted posters in favor of the photoshop crap-posters of late? Also, anyone remeber those awsome Bob Peak posters from the first six Star Trek movies?

Morning Bell

Indy's Fist said:
I wonder why studios went away from these wonderfully painted posters in favor of the photoshop crap-posters of late? Also, anyone remeber those awsome Bob Peak posters from the first six Star Trek movies?

I agree. There's something about the old-style hand-drawn posters that looks better than anything that's out today. Struzan always does great work and I was glad to see him come back for KOTCS.

Indy's Fist

Morning Bell said:
I agree. There's something about the old-style hand-drawn posters that looks better than anything that's out today. Struzan always does great work and I was glad to see him come back for KOTCS.

Makes me wonder if another Indy movie is made if Drew will come out of retirement to make more Indy posters.