Last Indy adventure?

Walecs

I was thinking... in the Indy 4 novelization, Indy says he didn't marry Marion at the time of Raiders because he didn't want her to have a husband who passed most of the time travelling the world.
They got married at the end of the movie, and there hasn't been any adventure after KOTSC, so does this mean Skull was his last adventure?

Dr.Jonesy

Walecs said:
I was thinking... in the Indy 4 novelization, Indy says he didn't marry Marion at the time of Raiders because he didn't want her to have a husband who passed most of the time travelling the world.
They got married at the end of the movie, and there hasn't been any adventure after KOTSC, so does this mean Skull was his last adventure?

Maybe. But it might not at the same time. It's easy to believe that his activity was tenfold at age 37 then at age 58. He may still have his adventures, but no doubt ALOT less adventures then at the time he would've originally married her so he can marry her now with a clean conscience that he won't be gone that much. He's old and been through alot, he's likely gonna take it easy. He's seen more than most people ever will. Plus, they'll probably be adventures that are simply just archaeological digs ("Digging in the dirt, looking for this stuff.") that Marion could tag along with and be perfectly safe.

He doesn't have to give up adventuring because at his age as it would not be a frequent thing. In 1936 and onward, it would've been.

Walecs

Right, thanks for your reply. Anyway, Marion was very good in the adventures, she's an action-woman, not like Willie. :p

kongisking

I like to think that KOTCS ended with him retiring from adventuring...so that in Indy 5, he'll have to come out of retirement Unforgiven-style! :D

The Drifter

Walecs said:
Right, thanks for your reply. Anyway, Marion was very good in the adventures, she's an action-woman, not like Willie. :p
She was ten times more worse than Willie. She was the cause of far more tight pinches than Willie ever did.

Crack that whip

I feel I have to point out Indy appears to have continued to live an adventurous, peril-fraught existence for some time beyond the events of KotCS, given his appearance three and a half decades later...

The Drifter said:
She was ten times more worse than Willie. She was the cause of far more tight pinches than Willie ever did.

YOU'RE ten times worse than Willie!

Lets see the list big mouth!

Come on, put your Willie where your mouth is smart guy!

Dr.Jonesy

Rocket Surgeon said:
Come on, put your Willie where your mouth is smart guy!

danteran1.gif

"Like you said, everybody gets curious and tries it sometime..."