For TRUE Indy fans!

Adamwankenobi

I just stumbled upon this thread today. It is the greatest thread in the history of the internet. I believe Kali herself took time out from her busy schedule being a god, and blessed this thread.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
tocksic said:
Other goals the IJTFA wants to achieve:

• start a petition that Mr. George Lucas apologizes for the so called "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles", wich the IJTFA knows is not canon! We have proof!
  • all Indiana Jones novels, comics and games must be banned from the international market (except those incontrovertible based on the movies)
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull must be shown to the IJTFA management before it hits theatres to assure the quality is right and the movie does not interfere with our vision of the franchise
  • The IJTFA will repeatedly articulate its dislike for Mr. Sean Patrick Flannery

Furthermore I would like to show you the offical IJTFA shirt. This you can wear on may 22. It will show everyone in the theatre who to ask about hardcore-indy-trivia. Like what gum Harrison Ford was chewing 3 hours before shooting the 8th take of the truck chase.

Show your TRUE Indiana Jones fanatism and enlist today!

p.s.: We are watching you Shia LaBeouf! One wrong thing and Kālī destroys your bumblebee!

"I read it...you know...and I just went...*phooot*...this is it....this is exACTly it...!!!!"

Hehhehehehe....hilarious, tocksic. A thread to remember.

Johan

Attila the Professor said:
Yeah, it's a leap of faith.

6ea2682baba77c572be1b07e12682598.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Anyone think that maybe, just maybe, Sankara is deciding to not show any offense, since a graceful and good-natured response to this is the only real option afforded him?

tocksic

Mr. Ford is 65, Mr. LaBeouf is 21. That means Mr. LaBeouf is 32,31% of Mr. Fords Age - so the IJTFA demands Mr. LaBeouf's screentime has to be below that percentage!

I'll be there on May 22 with a stopwatch! So should you!

Furthermore you maybe have seen the new propaganda-video on Indianajones.com. On behalf of the IJTFA I would like to state:

The bedroom is not canon!

edit: I almost forgot: The pictures in "Indy's home" are obviously promotion stills from the previous movies. This is unacceptable! Outrageous! The movies were not out in 1957 - how can he have promo-stills in his house? If they're going to do some time-traveling in KotCS it would ruin the whole franchise! The IJTFA is on alert!

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Anyone think that maybe, just maybe, Sankara is deciding to not show any offense, since a graceful and good-natured response to this is the only real option afforded him?
So, you're hinting that someone's hardballed him?

No comment.

tocksic

The IJTFA intel-departement provided me with a screenshot of Mr. Ford in the Indiana Jones outfit. On closer examination you can see certain obvious flaws on the approch of the production design.

1: The button of the left shirtpocket is OPEN! HELLOOOO? We do not accept this!

2: Was the costume-designer drunk? The buckle is WAY to low!

3: This seems to be one of the secret weapons the russians are using in KotCS - I did an internet-research on it but couldn't find any information. The flying wing in RotLA was good, but having again something that never really existed is so not inventive! This surely is one of Mr. Lucas' stubborn ideas!

4: GREY HAIR??? This is a smack in the face of continuity and canonism! We do not accept this too!

flawsnz8.jpg

Our intel-departement also provided me with the new KotCS logo, wich will premiere in the trailer next month.

The new logo Beware of spoilers! (seriously)

Johan

Apparently Marcus Brody retired from the museum and became a barber...before he died he gave mutt a haircut...hence the bad pompadoure.
I propose to the IJTFA that this is not how we want Brody to be remembered...and should not be canon.
Indiana_jones_4_location_new_haven_.jpg

tocksic

Johan said:
Apparently Marcus Brody retired from the museum and became a barber...before he died he gave mutt a haircut...hence the bad pompadoure.
I propose to the IJTFA that this is not how we want Brody to be remembered...and should not be canon.

I totally agree!

Adamwankenobi

tocksic said:
edit: I almost forgot: The pictures in "Indy's home" are obviously promotion stills from the previous movies. This is unacceptable! Outrageous! The movies were not out in 1957 - how can he have promo-stills in his house? If they're going to do some time-traveling in KotCS it would ruin the whole franchise! The IJTFA is on alert!

That Egypt photo beside the Willie Scott photo looks suspicious too...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
tocksic said:
Furthermore you maybe have seen the new propaganda-video on Indianajones.com. On behalf of the IJTFA I would like to state:

The bedroom is not canon!

Why? Because it wasn't in Raiders? and the house isn't canon coz we know Indy's still at Marshall College ergo he would be at the same house! :rolleyes: Miscontinuity!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Violet Indy said:
Why? Because it wasn't in Raiders? and the house isn't canon coz we know Indy's still at Marshall College ergo he would be at the same house! :rolleyes: Miscontinuity!

I know things are all in good fun in this thread, but...I'd reckon it's more likely to be "once again at Marshall College" rather than "still at Marshall College."
Also, he's got to be senior faculty now. Even if he was liked and brought in students and what not back in the day, he surely wasn't a model <I>teaching</I> professor. That's changed, hopefully, and he's settled down to a certain degree I'd thing that a bigger, nicer house would befit his stature.

oki9Sedo

Also, he's got to be senior faculty now.

I know he's referred to as "Dr. Jones" rather than "Professor Jones" in the original trilogy, but he does mention that he's a Professor to the chief village elder in Temple of Doom, and I think the larger government agent in Raiders says he's a Professor as well. That would make him senior faculty.

When you say he's not a good teacher, do you mean that because he has a tendency to drop his lecture duties and go off on adventures at the drop of a hat? Thats true. Although he does seem like a good teacher when he's actually teaching, and not brawling with bald German mechanics.:D

showimage.php

Attila the Professor

Staff member
oki9Sedo said:
I know he's referred to as "Dr. Jones" rather than "Professor Jones" in the original trilogy, but he does mention that he's a Professor to the chief village elder in Temple of Doom, and I think the larger government agent in Raiders says he's a Professor as well. That would make him senior faculty.

I don't mean in terms of whether he's fully tenured or anything along those lines - I'm using senior in a less technical sense to suggest age, maturity, and good standing as an academic. But, your point is well taken.

oki9Sedo

I don't mean in terms of whether he's fully tenured or anything along those lines - I'm using senior in a less technical sense to suggest age, maturity, and good standing as an academic. But, your point is well taken.

I see what you mean.

Although its probable he's more senior, technically speaking, than he was in the originals. Perhaps he's director of the museum now or a senior board member or something.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indy_Chic said:
Whoa! This thread is crazy yet most amusing...;)

Shia: '...And now I dedicate this song of love to my adoring fangirl Indy Chic...' :D

Shia, how dare you cheat on me?:( Wait Indy Chic, aren't you suposed to be with Indy? How dare you cheat on Indy?:eek: Now where's my frying pan?!

:p

Indy_Chic

Violet Indy said:
Wait Indy Chic, aren't you suposed to be with Indy? How dare you cheat on Indy?:eek: Now where's my frying pan?!

:p

It's not what it looks like I swear! :p ... Oh no... not the frying pan of dooooom!!! :eek: :dead: