Akubra Fed V Delux, Fed V and David Morgan:

Other Akubra:

Stetson:

Dorfman:

AdVintage Harrison:

Miller Hats:

Adventurebilt Herbert Johnson and Henry. Todds

jsarino

Sooo, you pulled this off without your wife seeing it? ;) Also, "Fed V"? Akubra has made a Fed V? *looks at my Fed IV Deluxe in sadness*

Glenville86

jsarino said:
Sooo, you pulled this off without your wife seeing it? ;) Also, "Fed V"? Akubra has made a Fed V? *looks at my Fed IV Deluxe in sadness*

My bad - was in a hurry and meant Fed IV....... Edit button is not showing on my first post......

Had a day off today and the wife was at work.

Last edited:

S. Dakota Jones

They look great!

While you've got a few more there than I plan to have(I "need" a better Raiders then my Todd's :p ), I'm not done with just having my two.

Glenville86

I started out with the Dorfman hats. Added a few Stetson. Found Miller hats and bought 3 of them. Then I discovered Akubra and was very impressed. The other hats were more recent additions.

My everyday wear hats are the Akubra ones when it is not too hot. I will wear the others once in awhile.

I figure most of the Dorfman, the Todds and a few of the Stetson will find their way to the charity clothing drives they do around here. I have already donated some that way.

I buy leather coats and hats on a regular basis and eventually have to weed them out. It is a sickness. :eek:

Glenville86

Got rid of most of the Akubra non-Indy hats. Miller hats are now gone. Most of the Dorfman are gone. Added a couple more Advintage. Original good quality Stetson Indy and Northwest Hats made in beaver added. Added a couple more Federations.

Glenville86

Drones33 said:
Which AdVintage did you go for?

The Harrison in each of the 4-movie types. I have 2-Adventurebilt Henry fedora ones as well and I am hard pressed to see any difference except for the price.

The below are my other Indy style hats:

I have a DM Adventurer, 1-brown Akubra Fed deluxe, regular Feds in brown, carbon, gray, tan, Akubra Squatter, Christys Adventurer, 2-Northwest beaver Indy in moss green and brown and a Stetson good quality Indy fedora.

I have more damn fedoras than I will ever wear out.....That is why quite a few other hats went to charity. I will not be buying another hat. :eek:

Indy jacket collection......
Wested Seal Brown
Wested Horse
Wested Distressed Hide
Wested SL
Wested Goat
Wested Heavy Lamb
Wested Soft Seal Brown Cow
G&B Expedition
S&J Ribby Merino (on order)
S&J Cow (on order)
US Wings 30th Anniversary Lambskin
US Wings Signature Adventurer Jacket
US Wings Texas Steerhide Legend
Bill Kelso Relic Hunter
Todds Indy
WPG Indy

As you can see, I was collecting Indy hats and jackets as a hobby but I am not buying anything else with this collection.

If anyone has any questions or wanted to ask about comparisons between the hats or jackets - happy to oblige.

Drones33

That's a most impressive collection. Im toying with the idea of investing in one of the hand-made fedoras from Advintage. Probably have to wait till later in the year; I've recently bought the Harrison ( great) so can't really justify it at the moment. I may see if Wife wants to buy me one for my birthday, if I'm a good boy between now and October (y)

Glenville86

I am already retired from the US Army and working on another retirement on the civilian side of the government. When I was younger and in the Army, I did not have the income to spend much on hobby stuff.

I currently work in Germany where they pay my rent and utilities plus my salary. When I transfer back to the States, will not have the extra money to buy this kind of stuff - so I am getting it now before I head back to reality...

Total_BullWhip

Is there anyway you could take some pictures of your Harrisons along with your David Morgan Adventurer.

I'm desperately trying to find comparison picks because I want the Harrison but do NOT want to end up with a quality equal or less than the Adventurer.

Looking for an upgrade. Trying to decided between the different offerings from Advintage because they are somewhat affordable (not 600 doars+)

Thanks so much!

Glenville86

I can only get pics when the wife is not home (she asks too many questions...). I would have to say I like the Advintage as a more Indy fedora. The Harrison and Henry appear almost exact with the Harrison being much cheaper. The David Morgan is a good fedora but I feel the Advintage product conveys more the movie fedora in any of the bashes you might pick.

Drones33

Fed IV vs. Fed IV deluxe

Any thoughts on the comparison between the Fed IV and the Fed IV Deluxe? Am thinking of an upgrade... Any discernible difference, do you think?

Drones33

Harrison comparison...

Is there anyway you could take some pictures of your Harrisons along with your David Morgan Adventurer.

I'm desperately trying to find comparison picks because I want the Harrison but do NOT want to end up with a quality equal or less than the Adventurer.

Looking for an upgrade. Trying to decided between the different offerings from Advintage because they are somewhat affordable (not 600 doars+)

I've recently invested in a Harrison. Very nice. I've posted some pix over on the "what fedora do you own" thread. Might be worth a look if your interested.

Texan Scott

Advintage is the one that I have not owned yet, but it looks like a sharp hat. I've found a great deal of satisfaction with the Henry's.

The Adventurebilt crowns have always seemed to be really wide and stocky, if that makes any sense.

Glenville86

To be honest, I really do not see any difference between the Advintage Harrison and the Henry. Both factory hats and both made in Germany.......