Shia's bar fights

Indy's brother

I don't see this as really hurting his career at all. If he had started with the gay slurs, maybe. Or if there was a video of him being really douchey about it, it could be damaging. But those things didn't happen. All this story says is that some random guy made fun of him, and then punched him in the mouth.

Nurhachi1991

and thats exactly how the fight broke out....

Oh and Shias daring escape from the 5-0

"Get on Gramps!!!"

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I heard about it this morning, and I thought...

"You don't have to be sore all time, just to prove how tough you are."

However it was lucky that he didn't bring a knife to a gunfight. :rolleyes:

KOTCS puns aside, I couldn't help but laugh at it. No doubt he'll be getting a phone call from Uncle Steven getting upset with him.

Montana Smith

Does Shia always travel around with a 14-guy posse?

How many directors have him on their hit list?

"Oh, honey, you’re going to have a nasty scar."

Nurhachi1991

One of Shia's Posse members: You see that **** over there by the pattio? I dont think he's here for the Milkshakes...." hahahahaha sorry had to get it out of my system

Forbidden Eye

Exulted Unicron said:
I think after the incident this weekend, Shia's career might be deader than dead. Perhaps Lucas and Bay will be finding replacements,

Considering Charlie Sheen still manages to have a career after all the crap he's been through, I'm sure Shia will recover from this event. I don't see the big deal, it doesn't sound much bigger then an average celebrity tabloid story.

Gear

That guy probably thinks he's all BA, now.

BUT... I dare him to go up to Bjork and say "Hello, welcome to Bangkok".

Chewbacca Jones

Eh. It's a bit of a non-story. Two guys got carried away at a bar - it happens all the time. This time, one guy was famous. I know people who are close friends that have gone at it worse than that. Not everything that happens to Shia is newsworthy, and not everything will impact his career. I mean, come on... in light of what most young actors and such get into (including a certain Mr. Ford), Shia is a lightweight.

Montana Smith

Chewbacca Jones said:
I mean, come on... in light of what most young actors and such get into (including a certain Mr. Ford), Shia is a lightweight.

He's no Russell Crowe.

Or even Naomi Campbell.

Hell, he ain't even Indy's real son!

oki9Sedo

Nah, bar fights don't hurt movie star's careers.

They get them press and can be spun to make them look good - no nonsense, able to stand up for themselves etc etc

The Man

"Aww, Mutt, you had to go and get yourself video-taped!"

"We have the entire thing on tape. I have been offered a lot of money for the footage. I am concerned about the integrity of the bar, and if we are further criticized, I will release the tape to show we did all we could to stop the fight."

Indy's brother

The Man said:
"Aww, Mutt, you had to go and get yourself video-taped!"

Oh jeez.....it's just a matter of time, then. This sort of thing will damage Shia no matter who's fault it is. No one will be able to see him in a movie without remembering what they've seen in this once it's gone viral. Which it will. If I was Shia, I'd be draining an account or two to buy up every copy they have of this and to have some iron-clad non-disclosure agreement written in blood and bound in human flesh to make sure it is never seen, and that this fire gets put out for good.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
No one's challenging the bar's integrity. It's an excuse to auction the footage (an act which actually should diminish their integrity). This article is Shia's invitation to the bidding. I hope he doesn't pay. It's probably just grainy security footage.

That's business in L.A. Some days you find yourself staring at a pile of Britney Spears' hair on your floor, wondering what it's worth.