Peugeot !!!

Joe Brody

Neat. It's like a digital age version of the old 'Banana Republic' catalogs. The text could have been more compelling. Is Peugeot ever going to try to crack the North American market?

Finn

Staff member
A <i>French</i> car, to be exact. And you're an American, so no wonder you've never heard about it.

My dad owns one. It's not a bad model.

A move to the OT section, btw.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Joe Brody said:
Is Peugeot ever going to try to crack the North American market?
They have already tried to, but the cars were to expensive due to the export costs I guess. Plus the car market is pretty busy in America.

I drive a 20 year old 205 Peugeot (manual).

Joe Brody

Finn said:
A move to the OT section, btw.

. . . .between the diary (with drawings) and the shot of the rope bridge, one could argue that it was Indy inspired.

vaxer said:
They have already tried to, but the cars were to expensive due to the export costs I guess. Plus the car market is pretty busy in America.

You do see them here in states from time-to-time. . . .and I've known at least one person to confuse the brand with SAAB. Their efforts here just seemed to be half-hearted . . . . and Americans are becoming more discerning so I could see a place for them here.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
. . . .between the diary (with drawings) and the shot of the rope bridge, one could argue that it was Indy inspired.
Yeah it was, but in here you can expand it to the other things connected to this subject.

Raffey

Peugeot's are very well made cars. During the early 90's my family owned one. To me is was a cross between an Audi and a BMW.

Looks like the new ones are turning toward a more Asian design. They look alot like Honda and Toyota hybrids.

Joe Brody

Raffey said:
Peugeot's are very well made cars. During the early 90's my family owned one. To me is was a cross between an Audi and a BMW.

You said it better than I could. It seems to me that's where there's room for growth/competition in the American market -- the mid-range of the high end. I figure Peugeot could fit right in there. There's a lot of people who have been burned the lower end of the high end and have issues of taste principal with buying Benz or even Lexus.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
peugeot-907-top-side-800.jpg

That's the new Peugeot 907. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Zharah

I've seen a few of those. Well, only around swanky places like Malibu, Pacific Beach and even Oceanside in rare cases. It's a nice car for sure.