I need some help about the Bantam Novels

Luke Skywalker

HI, i bought all of them arround 2000, when they had a reprint, but unfortunately i had to buy Peril at Delphi and Seven Veils second hand because they were out of print. I'm thinking about rebuying them because they are alittle worn out, some spine creases and the bantam logo is not there, but the blue falcon logo, i hate this inconsistency...

Do the new re-reprints have the bantam logo?

Could somebody post a scan of the spine of these two books? Just to check they havent changed the layout and still fits the rest of the books.

indyclone25

the new books look very similar to the original swith one slight difference --- the titles after the words INDIANA JONES, may not have the same font as the first printings i have noticed them from when i saw them at the book stores --- i have all the original printings and could tell the difference

Luke Skywalker

Of the ones i have up untill Dinosaur eggs all have the same font, but all the McCoy books have a different font each.

Now every one has a different font?

DIrishB

I recommend you check the reprints out at a local bookstore. The newly reprinted versions are all readily available at bookstores now, so they should have them. That way you can compare and know for sure.

indyclone25

Luke Skywalker said:
The problem is that i live in Spain :p

well i could look around here and see if theres any bookstores with old prints that look good , i will be out and about today i will check---and let you know what i find .sound good ,

Luke Skywalker

Thanks, but you dont need to do that. I wanted to buy them from amazon, and they would have the latest printing (so i could not choose what printing i wante), that's why i want to know if the new spine match with the ones i have.

I'll make myself clear :) with the photos from the other thread:

I got Delphi and seven veils like this:
delphi_engl.jpg

And i would them to look like this:
stein_der_weisen_engl.jpg

(Red rooster over white patch logo and price tag in a black box in the bottom)

indyclone25

just checked my old paperbacks and the still have the correct fonts on both --- so yeah they are like the first printings

indyclone25

looks as if the rob magregor books had the falcon press logo
peril at delphi
dance of the giants
and the seven veils
and the genesis deluge
and the unicorns legacy
and the interior world

then the rest starting with martin caidin were books with the rooster logo
sky pirates
white witch

then the mccoy books
philosophers stone
dinosaurs eggs
hollow earth
secret of the sphinx

here is what the original spines look like --- if you have the newer edition let me know if the fonts are different --(maybe it's just my mind playing tricks with me when im away at the bookstore.
scan0012.jpg

Luke Skywalker

:p I dont make myself clear LOL (but many thanks for the help, you seem the only one caring :) )

What i have is two falcon books (delphi,veils), the rest are bantam logo Including the rest of MCgregor's. But i bought them arround 2001, in what i think was the second printing (the 2008 would be the 3rd printing).

This second printing has the exact same font as yours in all books, but the indiana jones logo on the front cover is not carved.

This are my books (you can see what i want to replace my second hand Delphi XD ):
Indynovels.jpg

the 2008 as you say, may have different spines, as they have different covers:

http://shop.indianajones.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1219514;category_id=1209188;pcid1=;pcid2=

You can see that , sky pirates, White whitch, dinosaur eggs, Shpinx have either a differnt font or the text has been moved in order to not be over an important part of the picture.

If in the end im going to end still with two different books from the rest it wont be worth wasting money on them...

Now if someone who has bought them this years could post their book spines to be sure...

indyclone25

lol---- it must be something about peril at deiphi that the spines look like crap or < it was so good that you read it over and over again, i know i have read it at least twice .