Nazi/Soviet Insignia

Colonel Corey

I've been quite into the whole history and facts about the Nazi, and Russian military insignia. Well, I thought that there would be some people who would desire a thread for insignia, soooo...Here it is! :D A complete thread for insignia...So, if you're reading this, wanna start a topic for people to post off of? :hat:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Good idea, but you're a little late to the party. ;)

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=21539

Indeed.

Of course, the young Colonel also has me wondering just how fully he's delved into the history in question.

Colonel Corey said:
I've been quite into the whole history and facts about the Nazi, and Russian military insignia.

Any other history and facts about the Nazis that grab your attention?

Colonel Corey

Attila the Professor said:
Indeed.

Of course, the young Colonel also has me wondering just how fully he's delved into the history in question.

Any other history and facts about the Nazis that grab your attention?

Yes. I like the entire history of World War II. Oh, and do you mean you don't believe the fact that I love insignia? :( If so, I'm rather...Disappointed. If I like classical music at ten years old, I for one belive that I could also be interested in Nazi Germany history. (y)

Hey Montana, thanks for that! I always forget to check for threads before I start one...! Thanks again!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Colonel Corey said:
Yes. I like the entire history of World War II. Oh, and do you mean you don't believe the fact that I love insignia? :( If so, I'm rather...Disappointed. If I like classical music at ten years old, I for one belive that I could also be interested in Nazi Germany history. (y)

No, I don't doubt that you love insignia. And I'm all for you liking classical music.

I guess I'm just curious what it is in particular that draws you to the World War II era in Germany.

The Drifter

Attila the Professor said:
I guess I'm just curious what it is in particular that draws you to the World War II era in Germany.

My son, who is also ten is the same way. He has entire books about WW2 and Germany from that era. He is fascinated with that time in history and the people who took part in it. He mostly loves to read and learn about Russia during that time.

InexorableTash

It's a kid thing. I drew plenty of tanks and Zeppelins with swastikas on them when I was a kid. My son does the same. And besides, bad guys are cool - Disney markets its parks using Darth Vader, a mass murderer. Bad guys also have the best tailors.

It isn't until you're older that the horror of the genocide the Nazis committed sinks in. And keeps sinking in. (Except for those who are so overwhelmed they can't even believe it. But I digress.)

The bad guys also appropriate the best symbology. For example, I'm sitting in a building in SF right now that was built/decorated in a blend of Mission and Beaux Arts style of the early 1920s. Check out this floor tile (with my hat for scale):

Nazis. I hate those guys.