Teletubbies

WillKill4Food

The discussion of non-Indy films on this board (such as the thread post you just copied from) seems rather natural to me, and there are almost always comparisons to Indiana Jones films in threads on action films. There's no reason we shouldn't discuss other films on the Raven, Stoo. Just look at the On Stranger Tides thread if you want proof that the film discussions taking place are related to Indiana Jones, much more so than some threads from recent memory. There's nothing wrong with people commenting in the Off Topic section. If you don't care about other films, you don't have to read the threads.

Meanwhile, I've been meaning to e-mail you those drawings. I keep forgetting to scan them.

Sharkey

People who bother to register at an Indiana Jones message board to spam about everything but Indiana Jones seems natural to me too. Without new Indiana Jones movies, toys or even fandom what else can idiots talk about? There's nothing wrong with people coming here to create endless streams of threads about movies, DVDs and games that have nothing to do with Indiana Jones or make the most shallow posts in threads that do. Just like there's nothing wrong with mocking them for doing it.If you don't care for people mocking them shut up and go away.

WillKill4Food

Sharkey said:
People who bother to register at an Indiana Jones message board to spam about everything but Indiana Jones seems natural to me too. Without new Indiana Jones movies, toys or even fandom what else can idiots talk about? There's nothing wrong with people coming here to create endless streams of threads about movies, DVDs and games that have nothing to do with Indiana Jones or make the most shallow posts in threads that do. Just like there's nothing wrong with mocking them for doing it.If you don't care for people mocking them shut up and go away.
That isn't the case, though. People do not join the Raven to talk about Thor. People join to talk about Indiana Jones, and some of them talk about Thor. If you don't care for it, then leave those Thor folks alone. Stoo, however, does seem to enjoy making threads that are not related to Indiana Jones (as do you); he just doesn't like it when others do. This failed attempt at satire should be closed.

Last edited:

The Drifter

I, in all honesty, don't see the big deal about threads that other people choose to make. It's directly within the rules and guidelines at The Raven if they want to make threads that deal with other films and other subjects, so what is all the fuss about?

But, as many may very well know. I've been down this road before. But, I come here daily and read the posts about everything Indy related, and I also read the other fluff. Some threads I scratch my head at, but who am I to judge them?

Sharkey

WillKill4Food said:
That isn't the case, though. People do not join the Raven to talk about Thor. People join to talk about Indiana Jones, and so; of them talk about Thor. If you don't care for it, then leave those Thor folks alone. Stoo, however, does seem to enjoy making threads that are not related to Indiana Jones (as do you); he just doesn't like it when others do. This failed attempt at satire should be closed.
This isn't the case either. There are people here whose output is 95% not Indy relayed and thd other 5% are posts like : Yeah? Duh. They may not come here to talk Thor but hey do come her to talk Thor, Spiderman, Star Wars, blah blah frickin blah.

So enough off topic crappola...back to the TELETUBIES!

Trade papers are trying to blame Billy Crystals 3rd degree rug burns on the artificial turf he screen tested on but TMZ reported he was fine before he went into the director trailer.

TheMutt92 said:
First set pics and rumored cameo...?
Here are the rumoured cameos!

url

url
[

Stoo

WillKill4Food said:
The discussion of non-Indy films on this board (such as the thread post you just copied from) seems rather natural to me, and there are almost always comparisons to Indiana Jones films in threads on action films. There's no reason we shouldn't discuss other films on the Raven, Stoo. Just look at the On Stranger Tides thread if you want proof that the film discussions taking place are related to Indiana Jones, much more so than some threads from recent memory. There's nothing wrong with people commenting in the Off Topic section. If you don't care about other films, you don't have to read the threads.
Whoah, boy-O. Who said I was reading the general film threads?:confused: As Belloq said, "Sit down before you fall down."

Those quotes weren't copied from another Raven thread. They were found on a Teletubbies blog and I felt it was NECESSARY to post them here IMMEDIATELY. Indy fans NEED to know about the latest developments! In it's first 24 hours of existence, this thread has received 270 hits (which is much, MUCH more than some other film & open discussion threads) so there are obviously many folks who are interested.

If the quotes are identical, then they must be from the same source. (I wasn't aware that Teletubbies was already being discussed here at The Raven and don't know how to use the search function. My apologies if I've repeated the same information.:eek:)
WillKill4Food said:
...if don't think enough is being said about Indiana Jones, you might try adding something to the discussion.
That's EXACTLY what I do. You`re not on drugs, are you, WillKill?:confused:
WillKill4Food said:
Stoo, however, does seem to enjoy making threads that are not related to Indiana Jones (as do you); he just doesn't like it when others do. This failed attempt at satire should be closed.
Hysterical! Go easy on the LSD, WillKill, because you're starting to hallucinate...:eek:

This is a thread dedicated to the Teletubbies film so please refrain from coming here to derail and suggest that it should be closed. I don't post in non-Indy discussions with a request that they should be shut down. Shame on you...:whip:

Back On-Topic:
What this franchise needs is less silliness and more deep, dark, hard-edged realism. Looking at the potential directors, it`s a bit unforunate that Martin Scorcese isn`t on the list because I`d love to see his take on Teletubbies. Chrissie Nolan is a contender so maybe he can achieve some more greatness with this.

TELETUBBIES!(y)

WillKill4Food

Stoo said:
Originally Posted by WillKill4Food
...if don't think enough is being said about Indiana Jones, you might try adding something to the discussion.
That's EXACTLY what I do. You`re not on drugs, are you, WillKill?:confused:
I deleted that part of the post right after posting it. I don't know how you had access to the pre-edited version (by subscribing, I assume). Regardless, the point stands. There's plenty of Indiana Jones discussion going on. Who cares about the fluff?

Stoo said:
Hysterical! Go easy on the LSD, WillKill, because you're starting to hallucinate...
Tu quoque: the Adventures of Tucker and Sun.

Sharkey

WillKill4Food said:
Stoo, however, does seem to enjoy making threads that are not related to Indiana Jones (as do you);
One. I started one off topic thread. Big friggin whoop. Stooie Boy has made 2 off topics out of who knows how many Indy related threads. Hardly what one would call enjoy. If you dont like talkin Teletubbies then go away and sit down before ya fall down kid.

Teletubies Tour!

Teletubbies reunite for free tour
For Gear since he has trouble highlighting and googling...

Again, again - the Teletubbies are about to say ''eh-oh'' once more as BBC chiefs announced that the children's characters are reuniting.

The quartet - Tinky Winky, Laa-Laa, Dipsy and Po - are making a comeback for a free tour, as well as another crack at the pop charts.

The television favourites were limbering up for their return today with a gruelling training session at a dance studio to shape up and lose a little of the tubbiness from their wilderness years.

Teletubbies donned sweatbands and legwarmers for rehearsals at London's Pineapple Dance Studios to limber up.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u5A-woORDKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

The characters found fame in 1997 and even notched up a number one single with their debut release, Teletubbies Say Eh-Oh, which sold more than a million copies.

They became a world-conquering concern with the programme, which ran to 365 episodes, seen in more than 120 countries.

BBC Worldwide bosses are hoping to recapture some of that pulling power with a new single - a dance remix of their track Follow My Leader - on August 24, and a re-release of their album complete with bonus mixes a fortnight later.

There will also be a new DVD Ready Steady Dance and a tour of shopping centres for free performances over the coming weeks, plus three dates at The Baby Show.

The tour calls at the following locations:

:: September 10 - Westfield Shopping Centre, Ariel Way, London.

:: September 16 - EK Centre, East Kilbride, Glasgow.

:: September 18 - The Metrocentre, Gateshead, NE11 9YG.

:: September 19 - Meadowhall Centre, Sheffield.

:: September 25 - Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester.

:: September 26 - Cwmbran Centre, Cwmbran.

:: September 27 - Lakeside Shopping Centre, West Thurrock.

:: October 11 - Merry Hill Centre, Brierley Hill.

:: October 16, 17 and 18 - The Baby Show, Earls Court, London.

No mention of the film, but can it be far away?

With a malcontent post like:
WillKill4Food said:
This failed attempt at satire should be closed.
...who could blame them?

Could you please stop feeding them then and let us get on with out Teletubby thread?

Take your own advice and "if you don't care about [Teletubies], you don't have to read the thread."

or words to that effect

Last edited:

Stoo

WillKill4Food said:
I deleted that part of the post right after posting it. I don't know how you had access to the pre-edited version (by subscribing, I assume). Regardless, the point stands. There's plenty of Indiana Jones discussion going on. Who cares about the fluff?
Again, this is a thread about Teletubbies. Why are you trying to derail it?:confused: I don't try to derail your (or anyone else's) off-topic threads.
WillKill4Food said:
Stoo, however, does seem to enjoy making threads that are not related to Indiana Jones (as do you); he just doesn't like it when others do. This failed attempt at satire should be closed.
The only failed attempt here is your suggestion that I "enjoy" making non-Indy related threads. Over 6 years, I've started 54 threads (including this one). 2 or 3 out of 54 is a tiny percentage. Note that one of the threads you are linking to is about a film which George Lucas produced and the other is an action/adventure flick about mercenaries & a cache of diamonds in the Congo. (Hint: They are not about Winnie the Pooh or a grown man with a beaver puppet).
WillKill4Food said:
Only the finest smarmy posturing from the Raven's trolls.
Wow, I'm a Raven troll? Hysterical. Thanks for letting me know.:rolleyes: "Sit down before you fall down."

Now back to the Teletubbies...
Amy Adams is the latest cast member signing on, according to Variety. She will be playing a new character, the wife of Hoffman's character, Laa-Laa.
@Rocket: A live tour? Say it ain't so! I might should be able to make the Earls Court show. Time to book a flight to the U.K. Thanks for the 'heads up'!(y)

Stoo

michael said:
Fellas lets relax! You're both solid contributors to the board.
Considering some people here are so up-to-minute with every upcoming movie release, I wanted to make a thread about a possible film version of my beloved Teletubbies. From some strange reason, WillKill4Food is using this discussion to justify & wave the Off-Topic flag (while attempting to discredit me in the process).(n)

All I want is to have some good conversation about the cuddly, little creatures.
Montana Smith said:
A leak from an unnamed insider suggests that at least one main character will die.
Source?:confused: Variety is predicting that the Teletubbies movie will blow "The Dark Knight Rises" box-office receipts out of the water!(y)

TheMutt92

Looks like this film is going to deal w/ a lot of taboo topics:

Reports have stated the character of Tinky Winky will deal with his his sexuality when it is called into question, while Dipsy's belief in the Sun Child god will be challenged.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
michael said:
Fellas lets relax! You're both solid contributors to the board.

Here here.

Although it does bear saying, perhaps, that the value of topics around here that are not related to Indiana Jones is, in large part, due to the shared, Indiana Jones-based perspective that brings us all to the Raven. Needless to say - or is it so needless? - there are some things that fit better than others.

The Man

Any chance I could be a mod for this thread alone? Just a shameless attempt at self-promotion, A.T.P. ;)