The Terminal

00Kevin

Indyfan
I can't beleive I'm saying this to a TRN staff member, but....

This belongs in The Off Topic Table OR the Film Classics Table. You can't put it in the Indy General Table just because SS is directing

I

Indy's_main_man

I thought this was Spielberg at his best. Hanks was brilliant. I'm not sure i'm exactly GLAD that Spielberg did this instead of trying to rush Indy 4...but I don't mind.

Did anyone else see this yet?

grumpus

i think im going to, i have seen the previews a few times and it looks really good. (checking wallet) anyone have a few extra dolalrs im running a little low and need some extra spending money

Webley

Im not going to see it I hope it maks little to no $$$.

I

Indy's_main_man

why's that?

oh and I believe it's number 2 right now second only to.......dodgeball.....which looks pretty bad.

grumpus

yeah, i was surprised dodgeball made it to number one myself, but i saw it and it wasnt that bad. just a good comedy from the people who brought us old school (which i liked o so much)

I

Indy's_main_man

grumpus said:
yeah, i was surprised dodgeball made it to number one myself, but i saw it and it wasnt that bad. just a good comedy from the people who brought us old school (which i liked o so much)

Every single Ben Stiller Character is virtually the same. I haven't seen it yet...but i'm guessing that alot of people get hit in thier crotch....it's been done. that humor is so old now.

Webley

Pale Horse said:
That's bad karma, Webley. Where did this thought come from?
Well I was thinking that if this movie flops in the box offic Spielberg will be sitting in his home one night thinking to him self
"What happened how did my movie go down the toilet like that."
Then he will realise its Jones thay want not another steampile with Hanks in it.
Then Spielberg will turn to his wife and say "Kate get me Harrison on the phone... pronto."

I

Indy's_main_man

You can't say this is a steampile without seeing it. Hanks does extremely well and Spielberg proves to be a better comedic director then we thought. ::whip:: you should give it a try. I never lost interested the whole movie and the pace was continuous.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I'm afraid they're right Webley. You have every right to say what you say, but without hard evidence or reasoned opinions to back it up, nobody will be convinced except for those who would have agreed anyway.

Webley

Indy's_main_man said:
Yeah and you have absolutely no reasons to back it up
Of course I dont but in the crazy/weird/stupid way I think I see it this way if Spielberg can only make a buck with Indy then Indy it is. Call me selfish but the only use Spielberg is to ME is makeing Indy movies so to let him know this I dont go see his other movies.

Raffey

Although I wouldn't flat out express the same declaration of Webley about it tanking, I kinda agree about not wanting to see the flick.

For some reason it just flashes boredom on its trailer...

It's like a bunch of A list actors just going through the motions of making a film because they didn't have anything better to do at the time.

I

Indy's_main_man

But it has heart...if you see it you'll know. And I think you'r wrong...Soul Plane was some actors making a movie because they could.

Plus the movie isn't tanking

Raffey

It's funny you mention Soul Train (whose cast is relatively unknown at least for their acting skills) and not Dodgeball (a film that does have a well known cast of actors )and btw blew the Terminal out of the water opening weekend.

And I never said that the Terminal would tank. I just stated it didn't look appealing.

However, I'd wager that Dodgeball (which is another stupid looking movie) ends up getting beaten out by the Terminal next weekend IF the word of mouth is good or the adults decide to show up @ the movies during the week.