New Indy-esque movie in December

Luckylighter

I just saw this on USA Today Online:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2004-09-09-coming-attractions_x.htm

The costume Noah Wyle--from ER--wears in this made for cable movie look a lot like Indiana's, based on the publicity photo on the website.

For those who chose to ignore the link, "The Librarian" stars ER's Noah Wyle, who plays a librarian who is charged with protecting ancient artifacts--like Excalibur--in the basement of a library.

He even wears an Indy style shirt, with double breast pockets, and it looks like it even as the epaulets.

The movie will be airing on TNT in December.

Indyologist

LOL-- Hey, cool! Just in time as I pursue my Masters of Library Science degree! I always knew I was a SUPERHERO!!

Indy500

Aww, you beat me to it!
I just read about it in this morning's paper. In the photo he had the Indy shirt, pants, boots, and even a bag(of books) over his shoulder, across his chest.

Raffey

Wow....what a STUPID sounding concept! A swashbuckling librarian guarding Arthurian treasures in the library's basement?

Hahahahaha! The writers must've read some of the old Raven Adventure storylines and decided to use them for their screenplay.

It might work if they dumb down the cheesy look that made-for-tv adventures (Xena, Hercules, etc) normally have. I know those shows were fairly popular (cult) but they looked bad.

However, I do like the fact that they are flagrantly ripping off the Indiana Jones look.

Ska

Any cheesy IJ rip-off means that the heart of Indy is still alive and kicking. And that's definitely a good thing. But of all people, why the dude from ER?

Indyologist

Like most made for TV movies, I'll probably be stupid. At least it gives librarians a better image than the old suit-and-hair-in-a-bun getup!

Canyon

Thinks of Eve from The Mummy.

Eve "I may not be an adventurer, or a treasure seeker or a gunfighter, but I am proud of what I am."
Rick: "And what's that?"
Eve: "I am a librarian!"

:D

Webley

Raffey said:
Wow....what a STUPID sounding concept! A swashbuckling librarian
sounds just as STUPID as a swashbuckling archaeologist. But hay we all bought in to the idea that a archaeologist could be a swashbuckling hero but in the real world there not.

Original Raider

Oh come on, thats the worst Indy rip-off Ive ever seen. A swashbuckling Librarian??? Why not a crime fighting chemistry teacher? Or a gym teacher thats actually a spy? What do these ideas have in common: they're all incredibly stupid.