Indy 4 Deleted Scenes

Silentrascal

I know I've seen a scanned trading card from the movie of Mutt punching out Spalko......but that wasn't part of the movie at all.

tonyjones

In the first trailer wasn't there a big sweeping camera shot looking over a big kinda almost Middle-Earth panorama with waterfalls and whatnot? Right at the start - where did that end up in the actual movie? Only seen the movie once (on Thurs) so not sure if that was in there...

Last edited:

Grizzlor

tonyjones said:
In the first trailer wasn't there a big sweeping camera shot looking over a big kinda almost Middle-Earth panorama with waterfalls and whatnot? Right at the start - where did that end up in the actual movie? Only seen the movie once (on Thurs) so not sure if that was in there...

That was shown as a wide shot while the jeeps slamming into each other.

BrodyIsDead

Missing Scenes from the new film?

Does anyone else feel that there are missing scenes from the movie that were seen in the trailers? For instance here in the UK I don't recall having seen Indy use a space (in the cemetery scene?) to hit anyone as seen in the TV spots...

Also why did they blatantly drop a (still?) picture from Raiders or Crusade into the establishing shot for Marshall College? The colour of that particular scene just seemed so off with the rest of the new film and was obviously just a lift from elswhere... Surely these days with CGI wizadry they could have brought the hues etc into line with the new filming?

fixer79

LostArk said:
What's a space? :confused:

I heard something about a deleted fridge nuking scene. Oh wait.

He probably meant 'spade'.

And I do think that shot of Indy swinging the spade towards camera is in the finished film...Could be wrong though...

The Man

fixer79 said:
He probably meant 'spade'.

And I do think that shot of Indy swinging the spade towards camera is in the finished film...Could be wrong though...

It is there. Indy spades the cemetary warrior in the face, shattering his mask.

Rococo

I found it interesting that the "You're a Teacher" "Part Time" Exchange was different than the one in the trailer. The line was the same, but both of their deliveries and intonation were different. I actually liked the way it was on the trailer better, but maybe that was just because I was used to it that way!

indytim

tonyjones said:

Actually, that shot isn't in the film. There were both ground-level and aerial shots of waterfalls at the start of the trailer but I don't recall either of those being in the movie. Also, in the trailer (near the beginning) there's a 'flying shot' as the camera appears to skim over the top of dense jungle at high speed in a wide valley. That shot was nowhere to be seen in the movie :confused:

James

There's the Area 51 scene where Indy is held by two Russian soldiers, while Mac's life is being threatened. The scene is depicted on a trading card, and was also the first footage of the movie that was shared on the official site. (The footage just contained a second or two of Indy's reaction as he is restrained by the soldiers.)

Benraianajones

Yea, the shovel scene is here in the UK! I was looking out for it 2nd time, after missing it the first. The trailer made it look as if Indy whacks him after he jumps down and makes that screaming noise. But he doesn't - and that probably gives the illusion it isn't in the film!

Also, not a deleted scene - but has anyone else here seen the promo movie pictures, where Marion and Mutt are on the motorbike in the Warehouse between all the boxes? Just found it interesting, since neither appear there.

There is a picture of it on google images.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Merged with the previous thread. Thanks for the heads-up, Stoo.

I have to say, the stuff that appears in the novel, if any of it was filmed, it's a shame that it was cut from the film. If the pacing seemed right to me, I might say otherwise, but some more of the character bits would have helped this film along. It needed those quiet moments that were used for more than just exposition (although that was still pretty well done, just as it was back in the '80's).

The Man

Rococo said:
I found it interesting that the "You're a Teacher" "Part Time" Exchange was different than the one in the trailer. The line was the same, but both of their deliveries and intonation were different. I actually liked the way it was on the trailer better, but maybe that was just because I was used to it that way!

The delivery in the trailer was terrifically laid-back, almost nonchalant, but in the movie it was too forced, too juvenile.

Jones_Happens

The Man said:
The delivery in the trailer was terrifically laid-back, almost nonchalant, but in the movie it was too forced, too juvenile.
The line in the trailer also followed a montage of shots of Indy punching, kicking, etc. which gave it more humor/impact than the fact that he pulled his gun on the cemetary warriors.

Rococo

Dovchenko said:
The line in the trailer also followed a montage of shots of Indy punching, kicking, etc. which gave it more humor/impact than the fact that he pulled his gun on the cemetary warriors.

To me I found it equally as impressive in context of the film- he snuck up behind the dart-blowing warrior, and blew the dart back at him, just as he was about to dart Mutt- I thought the trailer version would have worked better (and have been the better one-liner in delivery). I don't like Mutt's stammer in the middle of it- "You're a... a teacher?"

thelaw

Rococo said:
To me I found it equally as impressive in context of the film- he snuck up behind the dart-blowing warrior, and blew the dart back at him, just as he was about to dart Mutt- I thought the trailer version would have worked better (and have been the better one-liner in delivery). I don't like Mutt's stammer in the middle of it- "You're a... a teacher?"

I did like the trailer version when I first saw it, but I think I prefer the movie version...in the movie. The "one-linerness" was perfect for the end of a teaser trailer, but the movie version flows more naturally.