Welcome, ninepinejones!!!

qafir

ninepinejones said:
Hello Kezia and welcome to the Raven! I have just signed on myself and look forward to chatting with everybody. Im an Acupuncturist from the states but right now I do acupuncture on cruise ships around the world. I am in Venice Italy right now and reminiscing about the Last Crusade. Venice is awesome for Indy fans or anyone interested in archeology for that matter. :hat:

I found this post buried in another newbie's thread. NPJ, are you just being shy? I thought you deserved a thread of your very own.

Welcome. I'm a newcomer, myself. I must say, your job sounds fascinating! Acupuncture alone is a cool profession. Working on cruise ships alone is cool. Venice is cool. But you, my friend, get to do all three!

The archeology thread isn't one of the most active here. Maybe you could start a discussion about Venice? Please share your ovservations. I love reading travel journals.

Q

Last edited:
Good to be here

Hey thanks! Good to be here. I thought Venice was spectacular, really amazing architecture, churches, bridges and tons of history of sacred artifacts passing through, like the holy grail and king solomans ring, which the latter ended up on Bob Marleys finger, but after he died it dissapeared once again. After a few brews in Venice its easy to get lost, thats just what I reccomend, its a maze of food, people and ancient canals. I have a friend who is a famous actor, his name is Fred Ward, he starred as Remo Williams in the flick "Remo Williams..The Adventure Begins" and he reccomended that I check out this one restuarant in Venice and try the mussels, so as I got totally lost in the cobblestone alleys I happened upon a venetian mask shop, the masks are famous in Venice because the politicians used to where them to hide there identity during political meetings so that there opinions would be disguised, inside the shop I got chatting with the owner and he illuminated me to the fact that every mask had its own personality to its design. One was the old Merchant or the Pantalone in Italian, the Pantalone is cunning and full of common sense yet always falls in love with the wrong girl and becomes the fool by outbursts of idiotic speech because he would become to intoxicated. So I bought a bunch of masks from this guy and he told me he worked with Stanley Kubrik on a couple of films creating masks and costumes for the films. Anyways thats a little taste of my Venice experience, never did find the mussels, found a jazz bar though that was cool, great basiliquito's, which is like a mojito but made with vodka instead. If you guys havent seen Remo Williams you gotta check it out, its one of my favorites, I met Fred in LA, he was one of my acupuncture clients. :hat:

Tremors

Yeah thats a great flick also, totally sci-fi adventure style set in the desolate desert of the west, I need to watch that one again. My sister used to live with Freds ex-wife in Italy, My sister and I have been practicing Tai Chi for 16 years with the same teacher and Freds ex-wife is a student also, so my sister crashed out at her pad while touring Itlay. Fred is also the cop in Thunderheart with Val Kilmer, another great flick, Fred is an advid conga player, he jams!(y)

Canyon

ninepinejones, welcome to The Raven! (y)

I've seen you posting but hadn't had a chance to say hello yet. ;)

Thanks Canyon, I noticed on your bio that you write novels, what kind of novels, ever had anything published? Im working on a screenplay right now, its an action adventure flick full of occult voodoo goo. I just got done working on a movie right before I got on the cruise ship. Its called the "The Wizard of Gore" my friend Zach wrote it and two of my friends Dan Gold and Jeremy Kasten directed and produced it. It should be in theatres early 2007 so keep your eyes open for it, it stars Crispen Glover who plays George Mcfly in Back to the future and also Brad Dourif(wormtongue from lord of the rings,chucky,etc...)Kip pardue, Bijou Phillips and many others. Brad Dourif and I share the same part, we both play the underground acupuncturist, I do the acupuncture and Brad does the acting so its only my hands that you will see, let me know more about your writings.........:hat:

Canyon

ninepinejones said:
Thanks Canyon, I noticed on your bio that you write novels, what kind of novels, ever had anything published? Im working on a screenplay right now, its an action adventure flick full of occult voodoo goo. I just got done working on a movie right before I got on the cruise ship. Its called the "The Wizard of Gore" my friend Zach wrote it and two of my friends Dan Gold and Jeremy Kasten directed and produced it. It should be in theatres early 2007 so keep your eyes open for it, it stars Crispen Glover who plays George Mcfly in Back to the future and also Brad Dourif(wormtongue from lord of the rings,chucky,etc...)Kip pardue, Bijou Phillips and many others. Brad Dourif and I share the same part, we both play the underground acupuncturist, I do the acupuncture and Brad does the acting so its only my hands that you will see, let me know more about your writings.........:hat:

Ninepine, please forgive my late reply. :eek:

Your screenplay sounds excellent. ;) Congrats on making a movie, btw. :D Very cool. :cool:

I've written three Indiana Jones novels, all around about 40,000 words each. ;) Temple of the Stones, Temple of the Phoenix and Ark's Return and they can be found here:

http://www.theindyexperience.com/fan_work/fan_stories.php

Unfortunatelty, as Uncle George owns the rights, I won't be able to get them published. :rolleyes:

Very cool, I will definetely check out your stories. Ive already started on the Temple of stones, so far its excellent!! I just crossed the half way line in the atlantic ocean on the cruise ship, I will be in the caribbean in two days, I was watching where the ship was on the GPS channel, which is a channel on the ship that you can see where the ship is at the present time and it has a line showing the previous positions of where the ship was coming from according to the earth from outerspace perspective and it reminded me of the Indy red chart line that follows the plane across the globe as Indy travels. Anyways Im excited to explore the jungles of the caribbean, I will keep the Raven team informed. over and out (y)

Canyon

ninepinejones said:
Very cool, I will definetely check out your stories. Ive already started on the Temple of stones, so far its excellent!!

Why, thank you. :eek: I'm glad you're enjoying it. (y)

Halfway through the Atlantic Ocean eh? Sounds like fun. :D Let us know about your adventure when you return. ;)