TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #201
WitAndAWhip
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
I'm still hooked on the multiplayer and I can't remember the last time I was addicted to a video game. It's great fun and a nice way to relax after a long day.

By the way, my PSN name is U2_Vertigo40 if anyone wants to add me or play a round sometime.
I hear ya. I'm hooked on the multiplayer myself right now. I haven't been playing for very long but I'll send ya my gamertag.

For anyone on the fence about this game, all i can say is give it a try. If you're a fan of Indy, chances are this game was made for you. I was blown away by the original Uncharted (Drake's Fortune) and just got around to playing UC2 a couple weeks ago. It may be my favorite video game series of all time (not that I'm a huge gamer or anything tho). The level of detail they put into the game is phenomenal. You really feel like you're playing through an Indy-type movie...Can't wait for the new DLC. The Museum looks great.

BTW...i'd love to play multiplayer with some fellow Indy fans so PM me if you're interested and I'll send ya my PSN name.
WitAndAWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #202
Morning Bell
IndyFan
 
Morning Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wherever there's adventure
Posts: 639
That expansion pack definitely looks cool and I can't wait to get it. For some reason tonight I couldn't even get into a game without my character freezing or being disconnected entirely. I don't know if it's just my connection or what but it was really frustrating. Hopefully I'll be able to get on tomorrow night. Has anyone else been experiencing stuff like this lately?
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #203
TrentPraeger
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
For some reason tonight I couldn't even get into a game without my character freezing or being disconnected entirely. I don't know if it's just my connection or what but it was really frustrating. Hopefully I'll be able to get on tomorrow night. Has anyone else been experiencing stuff like this lately?

Buddy of mine had the same thing happen to him. Then, he let his PS3 update completely, and it seemed to run fine after that. BTW, Nate Drake is almost as cool as Indiana Jones. Just my two cents.

Fortune and Glory.
TrentPraeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #204
WitAndAWhip
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
That expansion pack definitely looks cool and I can't wait to get it. For some reason tonight I couldn't even get into a game without my character freezing or being disconnected entirely. I don't know if it's just my connection or what but it was really frustrating. Hopefully I'll be able to get on tomorrow night. Has anyone else been experiencing stuff like this lately?
Yeah, i think it comes out this week if i'm not mistaken. Can't wait! As for the connection issues, I just started playing UC2 a couple weeks ago and I've experienced pretty bad lag on some occasions. It's definitely frustrating cus it causes alot of deaths.

I still can't figure out if it's my connection or the network tho.

Just curious, for those who do Uncharted Multiplayer what type of games do you usually play? I've pretty much stuck to Plunder and Elimination since I started. What's the best type of custom game? What's your favorite?

Last edited by WitAndAWhip : 04-18-2010 at 01:39 PM.
WitAndAWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:06 AM   #205
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,973


Are you enjoying your Double Cash weekend? The cap has also been raised from $50,000 to $150,000 per match!

Title Update 1.07 is also out, and addresses the spawn point issues in addition to allowing

* Players can now select a Hero skin through their online profile for Co-op Arena matches only
* Gameplay changes to prevent “airwalk” exploit by players
* Updates to map geometry collision detection to improve prevention of players attempting to leave normal multiplayer map boundaries


And for those of you who haven't yet dropped the $5.99 for the Siege Expansion Pack, here's a couple of videos from in-game action.

Co-Op Siege



The Museum Fly-through



The Highrise Fly-through



And for those of you who don't get your fill of Uncharted here, drop by Naughty Dog's newly established forum! Sub-sections for all things Drake's Fortune & Among Thieves exist here and here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitAndAWhip
Just curious, for those who do Uncharted Multiplayer what type of games do you usually play? I've pretty much stuck to Plunder and Elimination since I started. What's the best type of custom game? What's your favorite?

I was fond of Plunder at the Press Event, but I haven't played on-line since then. I may give Siege a look, because it looks pretty intense. We'll see.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #206
Morning Bell
IndyFan
 
Morning Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wherever there's adventure
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitAndAWhip
Just curious, for those who do Uncharted Multiplayer what type of games do you usually play? I've pretty much stuck to Plunder and Elimination since I started. What's the best type of custom game? What's your favorite?

I like a little of everything. I mostly play All Competitive Modes or Co-Op Arena, as well as regular Co-Op and Elimination from time to time. If anyone's ever up for a game just drop me a line and let me know. I've seen several of you online but I've either been in the middle of a game or had to go before I joined up with any of you, so my apologies if I haven't been able to play with you yet.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #207
WitAndAWhip
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
I like a little of everything. I mostly play All Competitive Modes or Co-Op Arena, as well as regular Co-Op and Elimination from time to time. If anyone's ever up for a game just drop me a line and let me know. I've seen several of you online but I've either been in the middle of a game or had to go before I joined up with any of you, so my apologies if I haven't been able to play with you yet.
I need to give Co-op a try. I love Plunder but that seems to be the game that's causing the worst lag for me.

We'll have to set up a match sometime. I tried sending you an invite but i've never actually set up a custom game before. So far I've only used the matchmaking system. It looks like there are many more options with Custom Games? Maybe we could arrange a night when several of us on this board could have a match.

I should warn you guys, I've just started playing a couple weeks ago so I'm not great yet but I'm having a blast. The last multiplayer shooter I played was Goldeneye for N64 lol...I just bought the new DLC and I'm loving the Museum. The amount of detail they put into this game is stunning.
WitAndAWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #208
WitAndAWhip
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 43
Does anybody play in a clan?
WitAndAWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #209
WitAndAWhip
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 43
I finally gave Co-Op a try. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a video game.

It's rare that an action-game has me replaying it long after I beat it but the game is so deep. I don't think I've even touched half the m/p modes.

I'm hoping to give Gold Rush a try tonight.
WitAndAWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #210
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitAndAWhip
Does anybody play in a clan?

No, no clan playing. I stopped that after the first Diablo.

A few pages ago, I mentioned the Among Thieves art book that was being released by Ballistic Publishing. All three versions of the book are on sale now, but if you're tastes run towards "free", then stop by the All Things Uncharted! Ballistic has sent them a copy to give away to their readers. No updates on the contest yet, but do stop by.

While there, give a glance to the article "Drake's Fortune: How Does it Feel Now?" Does Drake's Fortune still hold up for you despite Among Thieves?



Also: G4TV has posted an interview they did with Greg Edmonson, the composer for Among Thieves! Go give it a read.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #211
WitAndAWhip
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 43
My only complaint about UC2's multiplayer is the Situational Awareness booster. It's killin me right now. I'm at level 34 but my k/d ratio is terrible and I would say that 60-70% of my deaths are from enemies using S.A. Maybe it's just me but it seems ridiculous that you can hit a button and know where everyone is on the map. It takes some of the fun and strategy out of the game, especially when the people who have it are the ones who don't really need it. It makes it tough for the people who got into the game late.

As I said, I'm havin a blast playing this game and I don't care that much about stats but I feel like I'm not as bad as my results are showing right now. I'd love to play with some people who really what they're doing.

Anyone have any tips?
WitAndAWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #212
Morning Bell
IndyFan
 
Morning Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wherever there's adventure
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitAndAWhip
My only complaint about UC2's multiplayer is the Situational Awareness booster. It's killin me right now. I'm at level 34 but my k/d ratio is terrible and I would say that 60-70% of my deaths are from enemies using S.A. Maybe it's just me but it seems ridiculous that you can hit a button and know where everyone is on the map. It takes some of the fun and strategy out of the game, especially when the people who have it are the ones who don't really need it. It makes it tough for the people who got into the game late.

As I said, I'm havin a blast playing this game and I don't care that much about stats but I feel like I'm not as bad as my results are showing right now. I'd love to play with some people who really what they're doing.

Anyone have any tips?

It can be frustrating but there is a booster called "Evasion" that allows you to be immune from Situational Awareness. Unfortunately I think you have to be at 45 or something to get it. I find the best way to avoid it is to really keep moving and constantly keep changing positions. It's harder for people to find you if you're constantly on the move.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #213
WitAndAWhip
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
It can be frustrating but there is a booster called "Evasion" that allows you to be immune from Situational Awareness. Unfortunately I think you have to be at 45 or something to get it. I find the best way to avoid it is to really keep moving and constantly keep changing positions. It's harder for people to find you if you're constantly on the move.
Thanks, that's great advice. I've been trying to do that more and more lately and it really does help. I'll definitely be getting "Evasion" once I reach level 50 (currently 39). Until then I'll just have to live with the disadvantage. Oh well, what doesn't kill ya...right?

I'm really into the Co-Op modes right now. Siege is alot of fun, especially on the newer maps. Has anyone tried Gold Rush or Plunder on the Highrise?!?! Haha...it's quite a challenge.

BTW, I heard Nolan North mention that ND has already started production on Uncharted 3. I can't wait to see how they expand on the first two games. Any ideas what the story might revolve around? I'd love to see them do something in the desert (Egyptian pyramids, Middle east or something along those lines).. It'd be cool to see what they could do with that type of environment.
WitAndAWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #214
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,973


Following Valve's lead with their weekly mutations, Naughty Dog is set to introduce a series of 'experimental' multi-player options for the foreseeable future. Dubbed "The Lab," it'll feature one or more custom tuned games. Up first:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dog
May 28 – June 1

2 vs. 2 Team Deathmatch
Grab a partner for this small- to medium-size map mow-down. You’ve got 15 minutes to rack up 25 kills, or more than the other team, to prove your small-team superiority. I’m going to recommend now that you’re going to want pick a reliable teammate you want to play with over the weekend…

For those that are still trying to level up, the first weekend is going to be a Double Cash Weekend! No word on the rest of the weekends, but do stay tuned for more news. In the meantime, rounding out the month of June are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dog
June 11 – 14
Shotguns Only
We’re serving up short-range mayhem as all players and maps spawn with Moss-12 and Pistole only. Oh, and NO grenades.

June 25 – 28
Sniper Extermination
Two teams. Dragon Sniper rifles. One life per round. Best of 5 rounds takes the match win. Absolutely tense, totally tactical.

Hate the idea? Drop in on the Uncharted 2 Forum to vent all your frustrations. Or, just leave your glowing praise! But at least wait until you've given it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitAndAWhip
BTW, I heard Nolan North mention that ND has already started production on Uncharted 3.

Officially speaking, Nolan North has said nothing of the sort. He has intimated it on a couple of different occasions, and answered the question by saying "if you were Sony, wouldn't you want an Uncharted 3?" In short, it's a lot of 'Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.' If you're interested, the full chat can be had over here. Otherwise, there's a decent recap available over here.

That said, we can safely assume that a decision has been made and that they're internally discussing the third outing.




Quote:
Originally Posted by WitAndAWhip
I can't wait to see how they expand on the first two games. Any ideas what the story might revolve around? I'd love to see them do something in the desert (Egyptian pyramids, Middle east or something along those lines).. It'd be cool to see what they could do with that type of environment.

If I know Amy, the next game will take place in the desert. It's how they arrived at snow for Among Thieves -- what's the opposite of the jungle? The problem I see, however, is how are you going to feature the traversal exploration & combat that's become the hallmark of the series? The desert is horizontal, not vertical. It'll be difficult, but it can be done. I'd look into a different desert setting, maybe further up The Levant.

And depending on whether or not they dig up an explorer first, there could be plenty of things to settle on. Everybody who's anybody has trekked through Egypt at one point, but I'd really like to see Ibn Battuta be the explorer of record.

Also: Tomorrow a series of Among Thieves avatars will be released on the PS Network.

And I'll ask again: Has anybody else notice that Drake's belt buckle has changed from game to game? It'll be interesting to see what happens in a third outing.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:33 AM   #215
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,973


For those of you still blasting away in the multiplayer game, remember starting today (the 28th) through Tuesday (1 June) is the beginning of "The Lab" and a double cash weekend! Maximum cash level has been raised to $150,000 per match, so get out there and start blasting!

The maps active within “The Lab” Playlist are:

* Temple
* Ice Cave
* Plaza
* Village

And once you're done death dealing, the fine folks at Naughty Dog would love to hear your thoughts.

In other news, if you haven't picked up your copy of The Art of Uncharted 2 from Ballistic Publishing, they're now readily available. Naughty Dog has given a glimpse of what you'll be getting in the box for your hard earned cash.



This cat has a video dedicated exclusively to the unboxing of the limited folio edition. Give it a look if you have the time! Definitely a quality looking book.



If you prefer still images, check out Naughty Dog's Flickr page!
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #216
michael
IndyFan
 
michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Posts: 1,141
I tested out the Lab this weekend, with the 2 v 2 deathmatches. I don't have many PSN friends, so it's charming teaming up with a "random" and doing absolute work against the other team. Not sure if I'm gonna enjoy the shotgun only matches in the next Lab, but I will give it a try none the less, just gonna have to do a lot more sneaking around! Hopefully they make that weekend another Double Cash, because this previous one I was able to make it to level 50. I'd almost think they'd have to with all the other amazing games out there to play.

Also, I am really loving the Co-Op Arena portion of multiplayer, lately. It used to be where I only played Plunder, but battling it out through waves of enemies with randoms, to me, has it's charm. A bunch of no-namers just trying to work together. I ALMOST prefer for nobody to have a mic too, as crazy as that may seem. It makes everybody work a lot harder and the sense of "we don't have to speak" to communicate and get this done.

In regards to the new map pack about a month ago, the High Rise is one of my favorite maps, the amount of ways you can flank, climb and descend, is astounding for a multiplayer experience. It's just that I don't get to play it as much because not everyone has the DLC. Here's to more maps like that in the future and Uncharted 3!


*edit: Le Saboteur, I have to ask, do you work with Naughty Dog in any form?
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #217
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,973


Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
*edit: Le Saboteur, I have to ask, do you work with Naughty Dog in any form?

You don't expect me to honestly answer this, do you? Seriously though, I have a very casual relationship with a couple of devs at ND, but I do not work for them in any capacity. I wouldn't decline an offer if extended, but everything I do here is of my own initiative. As previously mentioned, it's to ensure that Uncharted is experienced by as many Indy fans as possible! I don't think it would be much of a stretch to say that both fanbases are not mutually exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
I tested out the Lab this weekend, with the 2 v 2 deathmatches. I don't have many PSN friends, so it's charming teaming up with a "random" and doing absolute work against the other team. Not sure if I'm gonna enjoy the shotgun only matches in the next Lab, but I will give it a try none the less, just gonna have to do a lot more sneaking around! Hopefully they make that weekend another Double Cash, because this previous one I was able to make it to level 50. I'd almost think they'd have to with all the other amazing games out there to play.

Good! Glad to know that somebody out there is enjoying all the extra work ND is putting into the multiplayer experience! I'm tempted more and more to try the online component. One of these days I may actually follow through with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
I ALMOST prefer for nobody to have a mic too, as crazy as that may seem.

I prefer that nobody does. For every thoughtful comment or assist, there's a tonne of inane chatter. I really don't care how drunk you actually are or aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Here's to more maps like that in the future and Uncharted 3!

Speaking of Uncharted 3 (just say no to numeric continuation!), there's a bit of a buzz swirling around the 'net. The German knockoff of Facebook, meinVZ, has an official Nathan Drake pagethat was recently updated with ""Wahrscheinlich ist es Wahnsinn, aber ich will der Sache nachgehen. Werde nach Fredrikstad fliegen, Amundsen Heimatort. Muss es wissen!" Translated to English it reads "This is probably crazy, but I'm looking into it. Flying to Fredrikstad, Amundsen's home town. I must know!"

According to Kotaku, Fredrikstad is a town in Norway, and is the birthplace of Roald Amundsen, a famed polar explorer who was the first man to ever reach both the South and North Poles.

Where it gets interesting is that Amundsen went missing in 1928, and while the plane he was flying in was later found, his body was not. And where it gets really interesting is that previous updates left on the meinVZ page earlier in the year tell of Amundsen writing about finding 25 million year-old cities buried under the ice.

Another snow outing? Maybe. It would fly in the established idea of changing locales from outing to outing that Amy has talked about. Could it be possible DLC, an interim outing like the new Tomb Raider game? Speculation abounds!

Latest update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Drake
Morgen geht endlich der Flug. Fühle mich beobachtet. Ein Mann verfolgt mich seit Tagen. Sollte mich vielleicht mal mit ihm unterhalten.”

Roughly translated it says "Tomorrow is the last flight. I feel like I’m being watched. A man followed me for days. Perhaps it’s time for me to talk to him."



Now that I've made you read this much, I hate to say it, but it doesn't appear to be a legitimate storyline. Kotaku updated their article after (apparently) receiving a note from ND:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaku
Nothing to see here, sadly. While the page is indeed the series' official meinVZ portal, we've been told the Amundsen references were just PR folks getting into character, and not part of any marketing campaign for a future Uncharted product. Shame! For a bunch of advertising types, it was a pretty good stab at an Uncharted plotline!

Considering that Amundsen was the first person to make it to both Poles, it could be an interesting story. I just hope to hell that it has absolutely nothing to do with Atlantis.

All things considered, ND didn't out-and-out say that this wasn't true. Keep your ears and ears focused on E3!



Sufficiently distracted?

In other actual news, Title Update 1.08 was finally released stateside. It continues to address spawning issues, and also

* Addressed exploit where players were able to use three Boosters simultaneously
* Additional changes made to address players exploiting within matches by leaving normal map boundaries
* Players who have reached Level 60 will have their level displayed in-game with an icon next to their PSN ID
* Players with DLC and the DLC Matchmaking option selected in their online profile will find games in those maps more consistently
* Improvements made to team balancing calculations
* Removed Twitter update functionality from in-game menu

Last edited by Le Saboteur : 06-04-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #218
michael
IndyFan
 
michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
You don't expect me to honestly answer this, do you? Seriously though, I have a very casual relationship with a couple of devs at ND, but I do not work for them in any capacity. I wouldn't decline an offer if extended, but everything I do here is of my own initiative.
Well that's awesome! I most definitely appreciate the info your bring to this forum, because I almost always check the Raven before the Uncharted forums over at Naughty Dog's site. Btw, they did a great job with those!

Also! Speaking of ND Devs, I was actually in an online Elimination match the other day, on the High Rise, and I played someone on the other team with the Naughty Dog Paw Print logo next to his tag. Do only developers get those? Regardless, it was really cool, and a decent match! I got him a few times, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
As previously mentioned, it's to ensure that Uncharted is experienced by as many Indy fans as possible! I don't think it would be much of a stretch to say that both fanbases are not mutually exclusive.
I suggest you go on multiplayer on Uncharted 2, check out the character selection, and go to the "Random" Character Silhouette, and tell me that's not Indiana Jones! It's definitely not Tenzin, you can tell by the shape of the hat. Still not sure if it's intentional, but I found it to be clever, and believe it is Dr. Jones!
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #219
Ska
IndyFan
 
Ska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,438
Hey Sab...you haven't heard anything from ND about DLC single player stuff, have you? I'd love for an expansion of the story of Uncharted 2.

I'm sure the online multiplayer DLC is great, but it's not for me. However, I'd buy addition single player chapters in a heartbeat.
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #220
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Well that's awesome! I most definitely appreciate the info your bring to this forum, because I almost always check the Raven before the Uncharted forums over at Naughty Dog's site. Btw, they did a great job with those!



Thank you for the vote of confidence, michael! I do what I can to keep the embers smoldering around here, so it's nice to know that people are still paying attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
I played someone on the other team with the Naughty Dog Paw Print logo next to his tag. Do only developers get those?

In short, yes. The only other tags you're going to start seeing are XX & XXX for when players achieve a certain level. More on that later though.

A few pages back, I posted a link to an interview with Evan Wells who basically said there would be no further DLC related to the single-player campaign. Since each story was self-contained, there wasn't anything to expand it with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Hey Sab...you haven't heard anything from ND about DLC single player stuff, have you? I'd love for an expansion of the story of Uncharted 2.

Like you though, I would snatch up individual chapters like hotcakes. We'll see what happens what happens, but if Drake is out of the public consciousness long enough, we might see something. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.



For those of who are still with Drake & Co. this late in the game, you might have noticed that the previous level cap of 60 has been increased to 80! Yes, that's right, Level 80! According to Naughty Dog's latest update, "each level beyond 60 requires accumulating $15,000,000 in cash to level up and that stays consistent throughout 61 to 80. That means you will need to accumulate a total of $362,965,500 to hit level 80."

Read that again: $362,965,500! Talk about dedication. I'm tempted to start just to see if I can accumulate such an ungodly amount of money.

For all your hard work, Naughty Dog is unveiling two new exclusive villain skins, Blaine and Dutch. (Somebody's been watching too much Predator.)

Meet Blaine. Your reward for reaching Level 70!



Meet Dutch. Your reward for reaching Level 80! And only available to those who reach Level 80. Either somebody is really dedicated, or a bad ass.



In addition to the new skins, ND has raised the amount of cash you can earn per match to $75,000. This, plus the extra Double Cash Weekends should go a long way towards earning those new levels!

Read all about it at Naughty Dog's site!

Interested in the World Cup? Well, until 12 July Naughty Dog is letting you rep your country in game if you were lucky to make it to the knock out rounds! Check out the full details here.

And in a final bit of news, the folks at All Things Uncharted are arguing for the death (!) of a main character during the eventual third outing!

Amazon France also lists Uncharted 3 as coming October 11th, 2011. All indications suggest that this is merely a placeholder.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #221
Morning Bell
IndyFan
 
Morning Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wherever there's adventure
Posts: 639
Man, I can't even fathom getting to level 80. Heck, I've been at 52 for two months!

I really need to find time to play more.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #222
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
Man, I can't even fathom getting to level 80. Heck, I've been at 52 for two months!

I really need to find time to play more.

Heck, that's better than Level Zero! And I have the time - and plenty of it it - but I lack the will!



Before I leave town again, remember that the new episode of "The Lab" will be up and playable the weekend of July 23. Grenades only. Boom.

But more importantly, the empirical evidence for Uncharted 3 is mounting. Naughty Dog is looking for a game designer, and some of the criteria they're looking for is

-Experience playing 3rd person action games;
-Experience of developing third-person action games a bonus;
-Responsible for the planning, level layout, setup and tuning of single-player levels, from high concept to object placement and scripting;
-Responsible for designing and producing engaging and fun third-person action gameplay and levels.

It's not a "definite" indicator, but the evidence is mounting.

Stay tuned.

Aux armes, Citoyens!
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #223
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,973


Official? Fanmade? This just surfaced on the Uncharted 2 Facebook page. The switch to a roman numeral-like '3' is an interesting choice, and seems to indicated a return to a jungle environment.

I'm voting fanmade.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #224
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,436
The fact that, as you say, the coloration seems to suggest a return to a jungle environment puts at least one point in a "not a fake" column. After all, someone trying to pull one over would likely go along with the Amundsen rumor, and portray something a little more ice-oriented.

Edited to add: the text actually looks a little amateurish. It's almost identical to the one from Uncharted 2, but with some slight variants (presumably) added to make it look like a non-exact duplicate. And that line...eh.

Now this is how you do a fake logo:


Last edited by Attila the Professor : 07-27-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #225
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
The fact that, as you say, the coloration seems to suggest a return to a jungle environment puts at least one point in a "not a fake" column.

Which would make sense, except that it flies in the face of everything ND has stated about Uncharted not being pigeonholed as "that jungle game." In short, it's too soon to return to the jungle before the desert and/or an ocean environment is explored.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla the Professor
Edited to add: the text actually looks a little amateurish. It's almost identical to the one from Uncharted 2, but with some slight variants (presumably) added to make it look like a non-exact duplicate. And that line...eh.

Turns out it is a fanmade logo. ND shot it down on their Twitter feed. I guess we'll all have to go back to keeping our fingers crossed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla the Professor

Herr Ng has done some impressive work on his conceptual pieces. They're a little too linear, but it's great work; his logo, as you mentioned, is top notch. I really wish ND would drop the numerical addition, though. Given the self-contained story of each game, Among Thieves isn't a sequel, and the numeric appellation is inappropriate.



In other news, Title Update 1.09 is set go live tomorrow, the 28th at 1000 PDT! This time around, the update includes

* Changes made to multiplayer character skin system to allow for voices to be included with future skins
* Made changes to character game mechanics to prevent players from using exploits
* Fixed ability for players to “super throw” the treasure in Plunder matches
* Cash awarded per kill in Elimination has been increased to $750 per kill
* Enabled the ability for Naughty Dog to easily alter the amount of cash earned for individual Medals on a playlist or gametype basis and per-kill


In conjunction with this update, ND will also be issuing a LiveData update that will rescale cash awards for Objective games only. Medals for individual and kill-based medals will be decreased, and objected-based medals will be increased as follows:

* Tip Off – $1,000
* Captured – $4,000
* That’s Embarrassing – $10,000
* Protectorate – $2,000
* No Cigar – $2,000
* Drop It – $1,000
* None Shall Pass – $5,000
* Expansionist – $5,000

Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.