Anybody who still thinks Harrisons age is an issue...

"who else besides Ford"
D'uh....

Dennis Quade.... He already played the same type of character in Flight Of The Phoenix.... He looked better in that kind of role than Ford did in Raiders.

Talk about a no-brainer.

Bale is all wrong, as good as he is.

Anthony Michael Hall is a lousy actor at best (Not that you need to be good to play Indy....)

nezobiwan

ClintonHammond said:
Dennis Quade.... He already played the same type of character in Flight Of The Phoenix.... He looked better in that kind of role than Ford did in Raiders.

Talk about a no-brainer.

Sorry but Dennis Quaid currently resembles a chipmunk more closely than Indiana Jones... You just want to shove a walnut in his face.

ClintonHammond said:
Bale is all wrong, as good as he is.

Anthony Michael Hall is a lousy actor at best (Not that you need to be good to play Indy....)

Perhaps Bale is TOO good for Indy? *raised eyebrow/intrigued face*

*then gets lost fantasizing about Bale in a fedora, all scruffy... hmm*
;)

EDIT: I'm also reluctant to nominate anyone who is not American or Canadian. I have no problems with Clive Owen as an actor. I just don't think he's right for Indy. And the fact that he's from over the pond doesn't help.

deckard24

I'd thought of Quaid before, but unfortunately he's in his 50's now and that wouldn't work for an Indy prequel.

I've never seen Alexis Denisof before in anything so I can't give an honest opinion, but he's definitely got the right look.

Butler once again could be a great fit! We know he can handle action ie. 300 and Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life, and he can be goofy, serious, and dramatic as well. Not to mention the guy practically lives in leather jackets and a 3 day old beard, and pulls off the look naturally. Never seen him in a fedora before though.

deckard24

I'd say they are both impressive for their ages. Ford at 50 was starring in Patriot Games followed by The Fugitive and looked terrific albeit a little older looking than Quaid.

Quaid who's 53, was 50 when he starred in The Day After Tomorrow and The Alamo. It's tough to say who was in better shape or younger looking at that time, but Quaid might have a slight edge on Ford. It's a tough call!

All I know is I hope I look that good at 53 or 65!

nezobiwan

This might have to do with my current fascination with the series "Dexter," but what about.... Michael C. Hall?

Whoh, Anthony Michael Hall.... Michael C. Hall.... is there something wrong with me?

:confused:

Reminds me of that Wayne's World quote: "Wait a minute: Dick York, Dick Sergeant... Sergeant York."

"I hope I look that good at 53 or 65!"
Get lots of exercise... Eat healthful food... get plenty of quality sleep.... avoid alcohol and tobacco....

In the end you still end up dead, but you 'll look better than most people do....

:p
Heh

"Michael C. Hall?"
Indy isn't that much of a pansy...

deckard24

"What about Michael C. Hall?"

I just don't know if he's too unusual looking to play a mainstream hero character? He's got the physicality, but he's also got a Willem Dafoe vibe, a little quirky and frightening looking. But then again, if people flock in droves to see Nicholas Cage you never know?

nezobiwan

ClintonHammond said:
"Michael C. Hall?"
Indy isn't that much of a pansy...

Just 'cause his character on Six Feet Under was gay.... sheesh.

deckard24 said:
But then again, if people flock in droves to see Nicholas Cage you never know?

Cage is, in his own way, already Indiana Jones (see National Treasure).
(y)

I've never seen Six Feet Under.... who has time for TV?

So that he played GAY before has NOTHING to do with my impression of him looking like a pansy (Note, -I- said nothing about his sexual orientation... you ASSUMED pansy = homosexual... )

nezobiwan

ClintonHammond said:
I've never seen Six Feet Under.... who has time for TV?

So that he played GAY before has NOTHING to do with my impression of him looking like a pansy (Note, -I- said nothing about his sexual orientation... you ASSUMED pansy = homosexual... )

It was a light-hearted comment that assumed nothing about homosexuals as a group. I actually wrongly assumed something about YOU personally. And for that I apologize.

And Six Feet Under is an excellent show that I myself have been missing out on for years despite all of the raving recommendations I've been receiving from complete strangers. The show features another gay character-- a very NON-PANSY police officer.

Please don't twist my words. And please accept my apology for thinking that YOU associate being gay with being, using your word, "pansy." I should have figured you to be more intelligent than that.

Being a pansy has NOTHING to do with sexual orientation! I've known a lot of straight guys who were mincing little girls blouses....

And more than a few 'pillow biters' who were butch, Alpha-male, Marlborough-men!

LOL

"Six Feet Under is an excellent show"
I've heard that from a bunch of other people as well.... but since giving up on Battlestar Galactica, TV mostly holds very little appeal for me.

nezobiwan

Ok, so now that we've cleared the air...

What about..... duh nuh nuh!

Scott Bakula?

:whip:

Have I reduced the debate to looks? Curse my feminine mind...

Of course, he's aged quite a bit since his Quantum Leap years...
...but maybe if he bulked up a little?

nezobiwan

ClintonHammond said:
Barf.......

The best idea is a young unknown... someone who'd be able to carry the mantle for a few good sequels

yeah I guess if we're going to go mainstream someone might as well suggest George freaking Clooney.

We all saw how well that worked for the Batman franchise...

*more barf*

sarah navarro

nezobiwan said:
Ok, so now that we've cleared the air...

What about..... duh nuh nuh!

Scott Bakula?

:whip:

Have I reduced the debate to looks? Curse my feminine mind...

Of course, he's aged quite a bit since his Quantum Leap years...
...but maybe if he bulked up a little?

he looks almost as old as Ford:)

FordFan

ClintonHammond said:
Indy... Like Superman and Data, is really only interesting when he's at his peak.... Like ALL archetypal heroes... In #4, Indy's got to be way beyond that.... and that sucks.

Especially given that there are a MILLION young actors out there with WAY more talent than Harrison Ford has been showing lately who coulda stepped into the role and knocked it outa the park.

Hell.... You don't need an Award Winning actor to play a pulp-era hero....

What is great about Ford as Indiana Jones is that he brings a third dimension to the role, and that dimension is who he is. Like when he rescued that dehydrated girl with his helicopter. He's just perfect. No, it doesn't take an Award-winning actor to play a pulp-era hero. There have been many in Indy's wake, and even preceding Indy. But don't you think Indy's relevance has a lot to do with Ford?

As for the claim that many actors could do a better job than Ford...who? Really, who? A lot of eager young actors who want a chance to do their little dance in the end zone. Ford has always been a master at subtle acting, and it's one of the reasons I think he is both underrated and treasured so much.

Matinee Idyll

FordFan said:
Ford has always been a master at subtle acting, and it's one of the reasons I think he is both underrated and treasured so much.

Subtle? I woulda said 'wooden'... but y'know, in a charming, Bogart, Grant kinda way.