Indy 5 visual wish list

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Very Bond-esque

Walecs said:
Agreed, it reminds me of The Man with the Golden Gun.

I feel the same. I wonder if they've purposely shied away from tropical island environs for that precise reason. Despite all of their filming in Hawaii, I'd argue that the South Pacific is close to the top of the list of potentially fruitful settings, as a culture and as an environment.

216_001.jpg

The ruins of Nan Madol, a circa 12th century city built in a lagoon on Pohnpei, Micronesia:

nan-madol-.jpg

Nan+Madol.jpg

Kanganaman Village, East Sepik Province, Papua New Guinea:

4172035997_f855e9f153_z.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I got a hot tip on another possibility in that part of the world: behold, the tree graves of Tana Toraja, in Indonesia.

2D5BA3EE00000578-0-image-a-1_1444722420571.jpg

2D5BA28B00000578-3270383-image-a-40_1444724806172.jpg

These are the tree graves of Indonesia where dead babies are 'buried' inside the trunks of living plants so they can be 'absorbed' by nature.

The ritual takes place in the regency of Tana Toraja, a remote part of the mountainous region of South Sulawesi, 186 miles north of the capital Makassar.

Villagers hollow out holes in huge tree trunks before wrapping the deceased child in cloth and then placing the infant inside.

The hole is then sealed over with palm fibre and, as the tree heals over time, the body is believed to be absorbed. Dozens of babies are interred in each tree.

Only children who die before they have started teething are buried in this way with locals believing the wind then takes away their souls.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...de-trunks-growing-plants-absorbed-nature.html

Pale Horse

Staff member
As someone who's known the tragedy of a dead baby more than once, this is highly disturbing. (Sister- in-law; and best friend])...not mine per se.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
As someone who's known the tragedy of a dead baby more than once, this is highly disturbing. (Sister- in-law; and best friend])...not mine per se.

Disturbing to be sure; I didn't wish to suggest otherwise.

That's not all Indonesia has to offer: check out the Kawah Ijen volcano, with its turquoise crater lake and sulfuric gases burning blue with proximity to lava.

6eb091ff3412385275e7a8b4eb32ac64.jpg

blue-lava-ijen-crater-indonesia-olivier-grunewald-fallow5.jpg

MaxisIndy

Expanded Meaning.

Attila the Professor said:
Expand on that: do you have any visuals to suggest?

I meant it would be cool to see Indy in Russia. He has gone into "the lions den", but we haven't seen him in Russia.:whip:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
MaxisIndy said:
I meant it would be cool to see Indy in Russia. He has gone into "the lions den", but we haven't seen him in Russia.:whip:

That could be interesting! I just figured, since you picked this thread to post in, that maybe you had some ideas of what kind of visuals could be cool if they did that. That is, maybe there are pictures you'd like to post, like most of us have been doing?

MaxisIndy

Attila the Professor said:
That could be interesting! I just figured, since you picked this thread to post in, that maybe you had some ideas of what kind of visuals could be cool if they did that. That is, maybe there are pictures you'd like to post, like most of us have been doing?

It won't allow me to post pictures. I have tried.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
MaxisIndy said:
It won't allow me to post pictures. I have tried.

There's an explanation of how to use html tags to post images here.

There's also, of course, the little icon of a mountain landscape that appears above the text space where you compose your posts, where you can paste the url of an image into a pop-up box, and then click ok, which will put tags around the image address for you. The address should end in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or something like that.

DoomsdayFAN

The only visual wish I have is that the CGI is kept to an absolute minimum. KOTCS had WAAAAAAAAAY too much CGI. It looks jarringly different from the original trilogy. God, the film is so bad I can't even believe Spielberg directed it. (n)