Hasbro "Lost Indy Wave" pics and reviews.

Henry W Jones

Billy Ray said:
Thanks. I wish I knew what became of mine. All my other vintage figures were together...but no Marion. I bet my brother took her :mad: She is one of the pricier figures nowadays too.

I had to get her on ebay a few years back and she was expensive. I am still gonna use her on my Ark opening scene tied to Indy (since the long dress looks like more like the nightgown in the movie) and put two scenes in the Well of Souls. (Indy and Marion on on side by the mummy and Indy and Sallah hoisting the Ark together on the other)

GiantThuggee

Billy Ray, great review and excellent pictures!

I was really curious to see the SDCC 09 Cobra Commander side-by-side with the true Toht released in this set, so I took a few comparison pictures to add to your thread.

toht1.jpg

We all know how much taller the Cobra Commander version is, but it's really significant seen like this. The neat thing is the spare "melty" head can be put on this figure so you can make 2 dioramas with only having to buy 1 Toht!

toht2.jpg

With these shots you can really start to see some of the differences in the arms specifically. On the Cobra Commander body the shoulders are more flush with the body, where Toht seems to bulge out unrealistically. Also my Toht's right arm seems to droop a little low. I don't know if they are all like this, but it's a little distracting having such a gaping joint. Again, it's hard to tell in photos, even in the daylight but it is a much lighter color than Cobra Commander, with pin stripes painted on. So the paint could account for some of the extra bulk.

raheadpiece.jpg

The accessory we've all been waiting for! I had to get a close-up shot of the headpiece so you can see the hole in the center. The detail is incredible! Kudos to Hasbro!

GiantThuggee

And for fun- here is the German Mechanic's hat on the unproduced "Tough Seargeant" figure. Not a bad fit.

seargenthat.jpg

Looks like this is the last of the unproduced figures. Maybe Indy 5 will resurrect this one.

Oh, and for the record, this guy has the traditional German Soldier legs, not the new German Indy legs with ankle joints.

Greycap

Can you tell me if the Indy in German disguise figure has a head that is molded in skin color, or is the face painted on?

Thanks.

Lance Quazar

Greycap said:
Can you tell me if the Indy in German disguise figure has a head that is molded in skin color, or is the face painted on?

Thanks.

The head is cast in (caucasian) flesh color, hair, blood, facial details, stubble, etc. all painted on.

Aren't all the heads like that?

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Indy gets his orders as depicted inside the Hasbro San Diego Comic Con exclusive figure set. FYI the Marshall College zip code 06511 is actually New Haven, CT where Yale and Indy 4 was filmed. *
8203f901.jpg

Kevin

Montana Smith said:
So that's the letter printed on the inside of the box flap...

IJ-Hasbro-SDCC-packaging2.jpg

What does the other one say?

The other one is a checklist of artifacts, with handwritten notes next to them, pretty funny stuff. One thing I noticed is that the leather jacket that the letter is lying on has ribbed cuffs on the arms, not quite correct! Also, Marion's little blurb mentions that she's "beaten the burliest sherpa in Nepal in a traditional game." However, as we all know, it was an Australian that she drank under the table (on-screen, at least).

I finally got to crack these open today, I am very excited about them! I was glad that I did not have any doubles/missing figures that seemed to have plagued other collectors. The only complaint I have is that my "ultimate Indy" figure has two left biceps! Not a huge problem, I was planning on switching the jacket out anyway since I think the color is a tad too dark, but if anyone out there has two right biceps on their Indy, let's trade!

Montana Smith

Kevin said:
The other one is a checklist of artifacts, with handwritten notes next to them, pretty funny stuff. One thing I noticed is that the leather jacket that the letter is lying on has ribbed cuffs on the arms, not quite correct! Also, Marion's little blurb mentions that she's "beaten the burliest sherpa in Nepal in a traditional game." However, as we all know, it was an Australian that she drank under the table (on-screen, at least).

I finally got to crack these open today, I am very excited about them! I was glad that I did not have any doubles/missing figures that seemed to have plagued other collectors. The only complaint I have is that my "ultimate Indy" figure has two left biceps! Not a huge problem, I was planning on switching the jacket out anyway since I think the color is a tad too dark, but if anyone out there has two right biceps on their Indy, let's trade!

These errors and lack of quality control, on a set that isn't even open to the mass market, suggest a rush job. And also suggest that Indy fans are second class citizens in the light of Hasbro's Star Wars output.

Billy Ray

Hey guys, thanks for the pics/info on the box. The letter from Major Eaton is pretty cool.

I actually didn't get the box, just the carded figures, which is why I didn't include any pics or info on it.

One thing I failed to post in my reviews was a picture of the cardback, which is significantly different than previous figures as it is "30th anniversary" packaging. Will post a shot tonight.

Spassvogel

Yeah, that first wave of Indy figs should've been Indy, Marion, Toht, Belloq (suit), Sallah, German Soldier. Pack the cases 2x of each.

The case ratios were just ridiculous. At least they had those 2-packs of the army builders. My local Fred Meyer had the figs for $1.00 at the end and they just sat there. Never did see the TOD or Last Crusade wave either.

Palaceslave_82

Thanks,Billy Ray...those are some very clean shots. While beautiful,I don't see much of the Karen Allen likeness in the Well of Souls Marion...and Toht is distractingly pug-nosed. They are all pretty great,however....and I continue to try and hook a German Mechanic and one of the Marions at a halfway decent price.