US Wings Imported and WPG Jackets

Glenville86

Drones33 said:
Great. The U.S. Wings look like really nice jackets.

Have not worn the USW light lamb one yet as it is too cold here. The USW Imported Cow jacket is very good in cooler weather down to 32 degrees. The Signature cow is heavier than the imported version and works well even below 32 degrees. Neither cow jacket would be good for mild or warmer weather. They are just too thick.

I will switch to the goat and lamb when the cowhides get too warm to wear.

Drones33

Having seen these photos, and after checking out their website, I'm seriously considering investing in a U.S.Wings. I wear my Wested goat throughout the summer and autumn, but between December and the beginning of March it gets way too cold in this neck of the woods ( I live in the north of England, about 500 yards from the coast; very pleasant in summer, freezing in winter ) so it gets put away and replaced by something a bit warmer for the chilly months. After reading your last post it occurs to me that a winter-weight Indy jacket would be ideal. Something a bit thicker and roomier to allow for layering.
Now that my Fed IV is here, ( great hat by the way,) the idea of a new jacket to go with it is mighty appealing. :)

jsarino

The US Wings Imported Lambskin look really, really nice! So of all the jackets, which one is your favorite?

Glenville86

jsarino said:
The US Wings Imported Lambskin look really, really nice! So of all the jackets, which one is your favorite?

US Wings Signature Cowhide followed by the US Wings imported Steerhide.

One thing I did not show on the WPG pictures is it has a very brass colored zipper which contrasts with the dark goat color. Fine when zipped up but looks funny when open.

Texan Scott

The WPG is a good jacket for first generation. Could do without the 1/4" hems. It was a copy of the G&B, but the leather is nice, a warmer choc. brown.