TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-23-2016, 11:09 AM   #526
Attila the Professor

Looks like it's almost time to spring for that PS4, then.

I try not to get too hung up on visuals, and the dynamism and vastness of what we're seeing here is definitely part of the appeal too, but, man, these look gorgeous.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:14 PM   #527
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Are they ever going to release a PC version??
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:25 PM   #528
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
Given how successful the series has been as a PS exclusive, there's little point for them to start going through the hassle of the porting process now.

Though I suppose if we move far enough into the future, any 7th/8th generation console title will run on PCs via emulator, just like pretty much every title up to the 4th generation runs today.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:25 AM   #529
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Part 2 of the Behind The Scenes look at the tech is already up for your viewing pleasure. There's lots of new bits of gameplay to see from what I've been told.

Dig it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor

I try not to get too hung up on visuals, and the dynamism and vastness of what we're seeing here is definitely part of the appeal too, but, man, these look gorgeous.

Sony's got you covered. There's no time like the present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sartorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
The PeeCee is bestest. hur dur

Pony up for the PS4. Pet the ringtail. Don't be a wanker.

For the rest of the readers out there, dig on a few more out of context gameplay snippets!

Look at the jerrican! It has is own physics!

Tell Harry I said hi!

Dig the vastly improved traversal!

And the commercial I forgot to post a while back...

Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:07 AM   #530
Finn

Quote:
The PeeCee is bestest. hur dur
Funny, I don't recall saying that above.

Instead, I recall showing full understanding as to why it is a PlayStation exclusive. If it makes money like that, they don't have to go through the hassle of porting to other platforms.

(And yes, PC is my preferred platform, you dirty peasant, but I'm very understanding towards those who think crawling in the mud beneath the glorious master race is fun. Each to their own.)
Old 03-29-2016, 03:25 AM   #531
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
(And yes, PC is my preferred platform, you dirty peasant, but I'm very understanding towards those who think crawling in the mud beneath the glorious master race is fun. Each to their own.)

How many thousands of markka are you going to have to dump into a machine that's going to even begin to match the IQ (among other things) of A Thief's End? A lot I imagine.

Just wait until the PS4K hits the streets!

In other news, a new pre-rendered CG trailer was released for your viewing pleasure.

Rumor on the street is that single player previews are incoming next week. Keep your eyes peeled! I might post a link to a couple of them, but I plan on being on a complete media blackout. Everything will remain unvetted for spoiler-type information.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:14 AM   #532
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
How many thousands of markka are you going to have to dump into a machine that's going to even begin to match the IQ (among other things) of A Thief's End? A lot I imagine.
Easy. A Thief's End is a piece of software. Alone, without its fancy hardware, it has the IQ of a rock. So all I'd have to do is buy a pocket calculator.

Though I might have hard time finding a vendor willing to sell me one with all the markkas in the world these days...

And for the record, I'd like to state that this snarky back-and-forth is all YOUR fault, since for some odd reason, a post meant to defend Naughty Dog's business practices whistled right over your head. So maybe you're getting A Thief's End to boost your own IQ?
Old 05-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #533
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Bought part four yesterday along with the Nathan Drake Collection!

*I'm back! And I got a lot of explainin' to do about Mini Indy
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #534
inky_skin
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drifter
I'm back! And I got a lot of explainin' to do about Mini Indy

Please, do tell...
inky_skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:12 PM   #535
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_skin
Please, do tell...
Not in this thread.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:09 PM   #536
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor

If you haven't opted in yet, then take this as a full-fledged endorsement (so far) of A Thief's End. Based on past games I'm only halfway through, but it's been quite the experience up until now.

The introductory Madagascar-level is worth the price of admission alone. It finally feels like Naughty Dog has captured the adventure aspect of the action-adventure genre.

While I'm looking forward to playing Rise of the Tomb Raider it's going to have a lot to live up to. And if anybody ever plans on attempting a AAA-level Indiana Jones game, they're already so far behind the eight ball it's not even funny.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:25 AM   #537
Major West
IndyFan

I think Uncharted 4 is probably my favorite of them all now. Seriously good. Not just the exciting and fun game play but the story is genuinely engaging.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:38 AM   #538
TheFedora
IndyFan

So I played and beat Uncharted 4 a week ago. Since then Ive been playing some of the multiplayer which is very fun and engaging. I really enjoyed the story of this final chapter and thought the character moments were presented really well. I feel like this is a game I could go back and replay again just to try to get all the hidden items and journal pieces I may have missed the first time, I really do.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:23 AM   #539
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major West
I think Uncharted 4 is probably my favorite of them all now. Seriously good. Not just the exciting and fun game play but the story is genuinely engaging.

I just made it to Chapter 16, and while quite engaging, I can't help but shake the idea that this was put together by a couple of guys who desperately want to get back to their libertarian fantasy masquerading as a zombie game.

That said, it is definitely Naughty Dog's strongest outing from a technical standpoint.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:46 AM   #540
TheFedora
IndyFan

Is anyone playing the online multiplayer for this game? Ive really gotten into it lately. I am really focusing on trying to get as many character skin unlocks as possible though. Also trying to get a bit better at it.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #541
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Is anyone playing the online multiplayer for this game? Ive really gotten into it lately. I am really focusing on trying to get as many character skin unlocks as possible though. Also trying to get a bit better at it.

I know I'm late to this thread but I've been playing online and it's a blast. I enjoyed the previous games' online modes and this one is quite a bit of fun. The single player is stellar too!
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:01 AM   #542
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:

Nope. Beat it. Put it down. I don't really have any interest in revisiting this adventure. For all the whiz bang technical prowess on display, it's decidedly not an Uncharted game. Somebody needs to put out a missing persons report for Nathan Drake.

I am interested in what they'll do with the single player add-on, though.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #543
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Nope. Beat it. Put it down. I don't really have any interest in revisiting this adventure. For all the whiz bang technical prowess on display, it's decidedly not an Uncharted game. Somebody needs to put out a missing persons report for Nathan Drake.

I'm curious about that too. I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with Sam.

I'm really looking forward to the co-op mode that's supposed to be coming this fall. That was always my favorite aspect of the previous multiplayer games. The Sanctuary co-op map from Uncharted 2 is still a personal favorite.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #544
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:

You were saying?

Well, well, well.

I'm impressed. Nadine can take a short walk off a long pier, but if Chloe is in it then I'm there Day One. I so was not looking forward to anything featuring Retcon Drake (even though I wouldn't mind if Sully was in it), so this is a pleasant surprise.

It's Chloe Fraser. In India. Kashmir? Maybe. I can't quite tell yet. I was hoping they would have gone to India in the mainline game since the Mughal Empire was still one of the most powerful in the world at the time of the Gunsway Heist. If memory serves, they sent out agents looking for the whereabouts of Every and his ill gotten plunder. So, I am definitely looking forward to what they've managed to cook up this time out.

Details are sparse as of now, but it appears to be a stand alone DLC campaign. A Thief's End is not required to play, so hopefully it's a fairly substantial addition. Fingers crossed that it leads into an entire series featuring Ms. Fraser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
I'm really looking forward to the co-op mode that's supposed to be coming this fall. That was always my favorite aspect of the previous multiplayer games. The Sanctuary co-op map from Uncharted 2 is still a personal favorite.

Survival Mode does seem interesting. I never cared for co-op (I was a Plunder only player), but this might get me to give the online component of A Thief's End a try finally.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #545
TheFedora
IndyFan

Really excited for the new addition. I would love the chance to play as Chloe in an Uncharted game outside of the regular character skins that you get during the series. Wonder what the artifact this time will be.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:33 AM   #546
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
It's Chloe Fraser. In India. Kashmir? Maybe. I can't quite tell yet. I was hoping they would have gone to India in the mainline game...

From the official website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dog
From the critically acclaimed developer, Naughty Dog, comes the first standalone adventure in the Uncharted series. Fan-favorite character, Chloe Frazer, must enlist the aid of renowned mercenary Nadine Ross from Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End in order to recover a fabled ancient Indian artifact and keep it out of the hands of a ruthless war profiteer. Together, they’ll venture deep into the mountains of India in search of the legendary artifact. Along the way, they’ll learn to work together to unearth the mystery of the artifact, fight their way through fierce opposition, and prevent the region from falling into chaos.

Chloe Dupatta

Dig the detail in Chloe's dupatta*! The fine folks at Gamersyde have a few screens from the trailer in 4K if you're interested.

*- A dupatta is effectively the Hindu equivalent of the hijab, but is also worn as a scarf, shawl, and head covering. It can serve the same purpose though when pulled tight to cover the back of the woman's neck and all her hair.

I'm still uncertain on whether or not this is a new, fully realized game or not, but it's starting to sound that way -- it will be released digitally, on physical disc in stores, and will be a lot longer than Left Behind, the story-DLC for The Last of Us. I never played, but people say it was around three-hours in length. If this hits seven hours,then it's about the same length as the original Uncharted.

There's more information over at the official PlayStation Blog, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Escayg
Our video shows an early section of the game where we find Chloe in a war-torn city on her way to a rooftop rendezvous with her partner, Nadine Ross. Much like Chloe, Nadine is a formidable and interesting character whose complex nature we just started exploring in her Uncharted 4 debut. She’s a skilled tactician, whose cool, calculating nature offers an important contrast to Chloe’s improvisation and wit. As they venture deep into India’s Western Ghatsmountain range, they’ll need to work together to recover the long lost Tusk of Ganesh.

The Western Ghats, a.k.a., Sahyadri Hills, are several hours of south of Bombay (Mumbai) and slightly closer to Goa. Of note: the signage appears to actually be in Tamil, but the soldiers/mercenaries/whatever aren't speaking Tamil. That sounds like Urdu to my ear, which is common in the North and the national language of Pakistan. It could be Hindi as well since they're mutually intelligible, but that's beyond my immediate knowledge.

As for the Tusk of Ganesh, I have no idea. I know how he acquired his elephant head (in short, his father chopped off his human head) and how he lost one of his tusks (broke it off so his father could use it as a pen), but I would have to do more reading to see why it would be a worthwhile endeavor. I do find it amusing that they're using Ganesh, though. In addition to being the Remover of Obstacles, he's also the Lord of Beginnings. I'll let you figure out why that's symbolic.

I'll need to watch the PSX panel to glean any further information, but that seems to be everything that's pertinent as of now.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #547
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Nadine was pretty forgettable to me but it's cool to see Chloe as the main character. I'm really excited about this one!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #548
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Has anyone played the new Survival mode yet? I finally had a couple hours to sit down with it last night and found it to be pretty fun. I was unimpressed at first but as you progress through the stages it gets better, especially as you level up.

I'm still hoping for co-op adventure at some point but this is a nice addition.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:53 PM   #549
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
Has anyone played the new Survival mode yet? I finally had a couple hours to sit down with it last night and found it to be pretty fun. I was unimpressed at first but as you progress through the stages it gets better, especially as you level up.

I'm still hoping for co-op adventure at some point but this is a nice addition.
Yeah, I started playing through some of it the other day, and I got defeated a lot in the beginning...but I like that as you level up your weapons do more damage. Also defeating waves of enemies as a team was pretty cool as well.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #550
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Yeah, I started playing through some of it the other day, and I got defeated a lot in the beginning...but I like that as you level up your weapons do more damage. Also defeating waves of enemies as a team was pretty cool as well.

The more I play it the more I like it. Even moderate difficulty is pretty punishing by the time you reach waves 40 and 50 but it's satisfying to team up and overcome it.

If anyone's interested in teaming up let me know and we'll find a time to play.