2009 Indiana Jones Lego

Vance

The Golden Idol said:
Does anyone still have a pic of the Flying Wing? It's been removed.

The fact that it's been removed really points to either 'it's been a fake all along' (as some of the Pirates fans are pointing out issues with their 'leaks') or that this stuff has already been killed, or changed beyond recognition.

The product-code numbers, for instance, seem to have already used by the Lego Space line... :S

ChromiumBlue37

I thought the only only rumors of a line being killed, were the Hasbro figures. The Lego line is doing very very well and almost always sold out in the Chicago area.

Dewy9

Vance said:
The fact that it's been removed really points to either 'it's been a fake all along' (as some of the Pirates fans are pointing out issues with their 'leaks') or that this stuff has already been killed, or changed beyond recognition.

The product-code numbers, for instance, seem to have already used by the Lego Space line... :S

If these were all a fake, which I really really doubt, then this is the most elaborate fake leak we've ever seen.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

OKOKOK have a REAL look at that flying wing picture. It has a frigin swastika on the wing! Why would lego ever release a picture with one of their sets having such a symbol? Especially since the line is aimed towards kids. Now I really wonder if this is nothing more than a fun photoshop project.

Vance

My flying wing is on Ebay right now (I'm suffering a severe room shortage with everything, sadly). It's not super-detailed (pictures in the lego customs thread), but I think it came out better than the one shown in the 'catalog'.

Kev's is kinda cool, but I actually think it's a little too 'busy' in the design. It tries too hard to be 'real', as it were, rather than being a LEGO flying wing. But that's just me.

kevblee

I will have to check out your version of the wing. My LAST CRUSADE MK VII tank came out better than my wing.....:D

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3311810

But I still like my wing. The only thing I would change would be the aft turret and add some finishing tiles. Funny you say mine tries to be too "real"...most of the wings I see look unfinished, or not like the movie wing at all. Straight wings on the model don't look right in my opinion. Watch the movie again...it's the wings on this plane that make it special!

Dewy9

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
OKOKOK have a REAL look at that flying wing picture. It has a frigin swastika on the wing! Why would lego ever release a picture with one of their sets having such a symbol? Especially since the line is aimed towards kids. Now I really wonder if this is nothing more than a fun photoshop project.

They just super-imposed the plane and minifigs onto the shot from the movie. The swastika is clearly from the movie's plane and not the LEGO version.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

Dewy9 said:
They just super-imposed the plane and minifigs onto the shot from the movie. The swastika is clearly from the movie's plane and not the LEGO version.

Yeah it's not a real set. That german mech. is from the video game. What a let down.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
ChromiumBlue37 said:
It's not the FINAL set. You'll see.

Right. Remember back when we first saw the photos of the sets currently out, with Indy's fedora looking like Johnny Thunder's campaigner and stuff like that? This is the same thing.

Crack that whip

I think so, too. I will admit, though, to having been particularly gobsmacked by the presence of the swastika in the photo. Even if it's just a quick-and-dirty background image for an ultra-preliminary rough concept of a product to be released much later, and only for a dealer catalog or some other limited-distribution industry publication, the idea they'd let that particular symbol stand in anything they produce is nothing short of astonishing for this company. I would much sooner have expected to see a LEGO promo image contain nudity, say, than a swastika. But that said, everyone surely knows something about the movies this line is based on, and what historical villains make up a major part of two of its installments, so...

ChromiumBlue37

Disney did it without thinking twice.

GermanSoldier-Front.jpg

kevblee

Thanks QBCOMICS for the nice compliment! The tank took me 3 months to build, first out of lego bricks, then about a month to build it in the computer...brick for brick. If you click the "up" button on the top of the page...you can see more pics.:hat:

I can't believe Disney released a figure with the nazi emblem displayed so visibly! And they didn't catch any flak for that???

Dewy9

LEGO released a PR today for their early '09 sets and sure enough, Fight on the Flying Wing and Shanghai Chase are the two Indy sets mentioned. It's more than likely that there will be a bigger wave coming later that summer.