TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-31-2017, 03:25 PM   #601
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I haven't finished the game yet but I'll look through that when I'm done. I love the environments and all the work Naughty Dog puts into their artwork.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:24 AM   #602
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

The Lost Legacy has received a nice write up over at Roger Ebert's old site of all places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Tallerico
These games recall generations of storytelling, in literature and cinema, echoing both “Raiders of the Lost Ark” and the serial films that inspired it. As the series has progressed to the current generation of consoles, the visual language of the games has gotten even more cinematic and beautifully composed. They are games that put you in control of a blockbuster film, allowing you to step into the role of an action hero in ways that other franchises can’t come close to replicating. There’s a palpable sense of adventure in these games, and a perfect blend of authorship and storytelling in that you feel simultaneously like you are watching a fascinating story unfold and being an active participant.

Full article: The Most Cinematic Gaming Franchise: Why You Must Play the 'Uncharted' Games
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:12 AM   #603
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
I haven't finished the game yet but I'll look through that when I'm done. I love the environments and all the work Naughty Dog puts into their artwork.

Kotaku also has another collection of art from The Lost Legacy to browse through!

You can also check out their collection of art from A Thief's End too!

Beware of spoilers as always!
Old 09-02-2017, 07:23 PM   #604
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I finally finished the game this evening and I'm already looking forward to going back for my Crushing run, as well as picking up the remaining treasures and photo opportunities. It's an amazing ride and I'm looking forward to jumping right back into it again. If I had to rank the games at this moment my list would probably look like this:

Lost Legacy
Old 09-03-2017, 05:19 AM   #605
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
I finally finished the game this evening and I'm already looking forward to going back for my Crushing run, as well as picking up the remaining treasures and photo opportunities. It's an amazing ride and I'm looking forward to jumping right back into it again.

That's great news! I'm glad to see that it had a similar effect for you. Now, let's see if the others manage to make their way back here.

Quote:
If I had to rank the games at this moment my list would probably look like this:
Lost Legacy

This, though? Nah, man. I can't sign off on anything that places A Thief's End that high in the canon. For me, that list looks a little something like this:

Among Thieves
The Lost Legacy
Drake's Deception
Drake's Fortune
A Thief's End

The dual retcons are nigh unforgivable in A Thief's End, but lobotomizing Drake and the nonsensical ending might be the most egregious.

I want to like it more than I do, but it's clearly a product of two different groups.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:02 AM   #606
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

The Guardian has another good write up of The Lost Legacy as well! Drop on by and give it a read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Parkin
At some point the trajectory shifted. Games still borrow filmic techniques, but the truly cinematic video game – that which seeks to mimic the characterisation, structure and run-time of a blockbuster movie – is endangered, squeezed out by world-conquering, team-based eSports on one side and, on the other, everlasting online worlds where the game’s geography expands to match the player’s wanderlust. Naughty Dog remains one of the few purveyors of the filmic game. The American studio’s flagship Uncharted series remains the final bastion of this expensive, sophisticated form of game-making, earning plaudits from Hollywood-preeners such as Bafta and the Writer’s Guild of America.

Otherwise, I've been busy collecting trophies as well as enjoying the vastly improved combat encounters in the main campaign. I've spent a lot of time with the new and improved Survival Arena, too. More on that later though.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #607
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I'm busy going through my Crushing playthrough and collecting everything I missed the first time around. I realized I missed a photo opportunity at the very end of Chapter 3, which means I have to go back and play through that section again.

I am having fun watching Chloe run around in her western outfit. All she needs is a good cowboy hat to complete the set!
Old 09-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #608
TheFedora
IndyFan

Finally got the game on Monday, didnt get around to playing it until last night. So playing on Medium, and I just barely got to the Western Ghats. From what I heard everyone saying about this level it appears to be quite expansive, probably larger then the Madagascar level on Uncharted 4. So it seems that this level is pretty big...might spend a few days. Looking at my artifact list, I skipped a few despite trying to be thorough... next play though Im looking at it with a guide, but for this one, Im just letting myself go through it just making sure I get a good time.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:17 AM   #609
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Finally got the game on Monday, didnt get around to playing it until last night. So playing on Medium, and I just barely got to the Western Ghats. From what I heard everyone saying about this level it appears to be quite expansive, probably larger then the Madagascar level on Uncharted 4. So it seems that this level is pretty big...might spend a few days. Looking at my artifact list, I skipped a few despite trying to be thorough... next play though Im looking at it with a guide, but for this one, Im just letting myself go through it just making sure I get a good time.

Not to spoil too much but there's an item that you can collect in the Western Ghats that makes finding treasures much easier on your second playthrough. I'm still using a guide in case I miss one but this item makes them pretty easy to find.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #610
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Not to spoil too much but there's an item that you can collect in the Western Ghats that makes finding treasures much easier on your second playthrough. I'm still using a guide in case I miss one but this item makes them pretty easy to find.

Thanks for the tip! I put in a lot of extra effort last night to get *that item* So I'm planning on playing it again eventually so it will be very useful for my second play though. Im not really going out of my way to look for specific treasures this time, mainly picking them up where and if I can find them. Next run I will use a guide to get all the treasures. And yes I had to consult a guide to get even close to 'that item',
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote