TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Literature
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #51
Stoo
IndyFan

Post Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 6)

Here's the next run of pages. The final things we need to finish this off are:

-DIrish's reviews/touch-ups of the last batch of translations
-a scan of the unedited, Bagheera version's last page (but considering it features a woman's breast, maybe the forum rules won't allow it? )
Indyclone (or anyone else), feel up to providing it?

Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #52
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Here's the next run of pages. The final things we need to finish this off are:

-DIrish's reviews/touch-ups of the last batch of translations

Working on those now. I had more to do than I thought, but I'll have it done tonight.

Quote:
-a scan of the unedited, Bagheera version's last page (but considering it features a woman's breast, maybe the forum rules won't allow it? )
Indyclone (or anyone else), feel up to providing it?

I have the original Bagheera version (hardcover), but I don't see any breasts (well, nude ones anyway). Maybe they even edited some versions of the original?
DIrishB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #53
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIrishB
Working on those now. I had more to do than I thought, but I'll have it done tonight.

I have the original Bagheera version (hardcover), but I don't see any breasts (well, nude ones anyway). Maybe they even edited some versions of the original?
My mistake, then! In the "Secret de la Pyramide", I thought there was talk of 2 different versions. Guess I misunderstood. Anyway, I received your last batch so it looks like now we have everything needed to continue.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #54
Stoo
IndyFan

Sorry for the double post but I meant "in the Secret de la Pyramide thread" (because we were discussing the "Foudre" pages there). D'oh!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #55
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
My mistake, then! In the "Secret de la Pyramide", I thought there was talk of 2 different versions. Guess I misunderstood. Anyway, I received your last batch so it looks like now we have everything needed to continue.

I remember what you're referring to, but I never understood. I owned both versions of both Secret de la Pyramide and Cite de la Foudre (the Bagheera originals and the Shell reprints), and I even owned the paperback Renault version of the Secret de la Pyramide story. I never noticed nudity in any of them.

I'll start making scans of the third book in the next few days.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #56
Stoo
IndyFan

Post Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 7)

Quote:
I remember what you're referring to, but I never understood. I owned both versions of both Secret de la Pyramide and Cite de la Foudre (the Bagheera originals and the Shell reprints), and I even owned the paperback Renault version of the Secret de la Pyramide story. I never noticed nudity in any of them.
The specific panel I'm referring to is the very, last page, panel 2. Kamala's sari/robe is ripped and her breast is exposed. Since I'm going from Icybro's Shell scan (it's the only version I've seen), there's no detail but a darker, flesh colour has been used to create a shadow. Due to the conversation in the other thread, I was confused into thinking that the Bagheera version had inked detail, thus, "uncensored".

Old 03-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #57
Stoo
IndyFan

Post Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 8)

Old 03-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #58
Stoo
IndyFan

Post Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 9)

Page 42 was a real challenge.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #59
Jeremiah Jones
IndyFan

Bang, and Indy shoots a tiger... not very in character is it?
Jeremiah Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #60
DIrishB
IndyFan

Only a few more pages to go! Guess I better get started on the scans for the third book.

Great job Stoo!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #61
Stoo
IndyFan

Post Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 10 of 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah Jones
The Cairo Swordsman's wife would probably disagree... Anyway, Indy is on a tiger hunt AND it's pouncing on him!
I find the most out-of-character trait in this story is his lack of fear in front of the snake. He even leans up close and talks to it!?

Quote:
Only a few more pages to go! Guess I better get started on the scans for the third book.
Don't worry D, I'm in no rush. Whenever you have time. The "Grimoire" cover would suffice for the time being since it'll be the most time consuming (of all 3). I only have a 300px image. The one thing I ask is that all the pages be the same size/res. (For this "Foudre" project, the difference between your and Icybro's pages was something that had to be dealt with. Not that it was a big problem but the end result will be better if each source page is the same. Since yours were the higher-res, this isn't a complaint.)

Then, after "Le Grimoire Maudit" we can revisit "Secret de la Pyramide" and do that properly, too!

To make this complete, the only things left to add are the supplemental pages (text/photos/illustrations/etc.) from the Shell version (I don't know what other pages the Bagheera/Renault versions contain). Is Rob Dangerous still out there? Anyone feel like compiling all the final pages into a .PDF document? (Yes, I know certain parts are still a bit clunky but we did our best without straying too far from the original text.)

FINAL CHAPTER

FIN
Old 03-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #62
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Don't worry D, I'm in no rush. Whenever you have time. The "Grimoire" cover would suffice for the time being since it'll be the most time consuming (of all 3). I only have a 300px image. The one thing I ask is that all the pages be the same size/res. (For this "Foudre" project, the difference between your and Icybro's pages was something that had to be dealt with. Not that it was a big problem but the end result will be better if each source page is the same. Since yours were the higher-res, this isn't a complaint.)

Cool, I get that over to you in the next few days.

Quote:
Then, after "Le Grimoire Maudit" we can revisit "Secret de la Pyramide" and do that properly, too!

Definitely...it'll look so much better!

Quote:
To make this complete, the only things left to add are the supplemental pages (text/photos/illustrations/etc.) from the Shell version (I don't know what other pages the Bagheera/Renault versions contain).

I'll double check the Bagheera versions.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #63
Indyologist
IndyFan

Some examples of bharatha-natyam dancing:

Indyologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #64
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Anyone feel like compiling all the final pages into a .PDF document?
I like the zip file Rob made with of last one... don't know how to do it though.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #65
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
I like the zip file Rob made with of last one... don't know how to do it though.

I'm not sure how to either, but if I'm not mistaken I think he's planning to do the same with both Cite de la Foudre and the Grimoire Maudit comics (GM is currently being translated).

Speaking of which, I need to send Stoo some more scans.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #66
Rob Dangerous
IndyFan

Did I do anything special besides just zipping the files?
If so, tell me, I don't remember, meanwhile here is an ordinary zip archive: CityOfLightning (and the french archive, too).
Rob Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #67
Stoo
IndyFan

Hey, Rob. For "Secret de la Pyramide" you collated them all into a multi-paged .PDF document before zipping them. I can do it but feel my part is done so if you have the time, then please, be my guest! (There are still a few extra pages that I haven't posted but they're not very important.)
Old 04-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #68
Rob Dangerous
IndyFan

I didn't. But I can change that.
Indiana Jones and the City of Lightning
Indiana Jones et la Cite de la Foudre
Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Pyramid

Thank you, Stoo and everybody involved. Great job.
Rob Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #69
Jono11
IndyFan

Quote:
Hey, Rob. For "Secret de la Pyramide" you collated them all into a multi-paged .PDF document before zipping them. I can do it but feel my part is done so if you have the time, then please, be my guest! (There are still a few extra pages that I haven't posted but they're not very important.)
Just thought I'd chime in on this: another common way of distributing computer-viewable comics is to compile them into a .cbr file. You just make sure the pages are alphabetically named. Then make sure you have WinRAR installed. Then highlight the images, right-click on them, and select "Add to archive..." Name the file whatever you want, but be sure to name it "XXXXXX.cbr," rather than "XXXXXX.rar." Install CDisplay, which you can find by Googling "CDisplay," and you have an easily viewable comic book.
Jono11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #70
Stoo
IndyFan

*BUMP*

Just noticed for the 1st time that "Cité de la Foudre" gets a reference in the DK "Ultimate Guide" timeline! I wonder if there are any other nods to the Bagheera comics in the book.

1930: ...aboard a Calcutta-bound train, Indy discovers that Thuggee cultists are using the ancient "City of Lightning" as headquarters from which to overthrow the English colonials and to sabotage Gandhi's plans for peaceful revolution.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #71
Plaristes
IndyFan

Wow, I missed that reference, too!
Plaristes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #72
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah Jones

Y'know, Indy was friends with a Prince Kasim Kahn in 1914 that got turned into a were-tiger...
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote