Hello everyone!

jsarino

Hi, my name is James, and I hail from just outside of St. Louis, MO. I joined the site as a fan (of course), and thanks to some convincing with my running partner, recently dressed up as Indy, and she as Lara Croft, at the SandMine Challenge (an obstacle course-type race all inside the sandmines) in the area.
20140222_115359_1.jpg

I'm planning on dressing as Indy again, this time carrying a real whip, a replica WWII gas mask bag, and a better quality fedora (from Akubra), and trying to find some shoes similar to what he wore, for the upcoming ComicCon next month. Anyways, thanks for having me. :)

Sea Monarch

Welcome to the jukejoint. Make yourself at home. You're going to comic-con? Lucky you, or unlucky (depending on your perspective of such events)!

Although your picture is from a distance, it conjures the image of another hat wearing character from the series. A certain gestapo torturer extraordinaire, who likes to keep his clothes wrinkle free, and his captives anticipating pain! ;) Just saying, (in a good way) you could pull off the Toht-meister well! (y)

Wouldn't blame you if you dressed as Indy for the comic-con, like so many other countless Indy fans. But how cool would it be to shake the monkey tree by arriving as one of the most iconic villains of the series? Very cool indeed! :cool:

Yeah, I've got all the great Indy gear too, but if I wind up going to a comic-con, I'm half-tempted to arrive as Sallah, or another character from the series.

Still, it's a good costume, and sounds like a fun event! Welcome to the Raven.

jsarino

Thanks, Sea Monarch! I did go to this past weekend's ComicCon, which was my first. I was not into going to this kind of event, but with the adventure/sci-fi/fantasy genres becoming more and more popular and more socially acceptable, I have gone out of my shell and join in on the fun of going to these things. The ComicCon in St. Louis was the biggest yet, with legendary celebs from Shatner, Bruce Campbell, et. all the way to newer ones like Karen Gillam (Dr. Who) making an appearance.

This also gave me an opportunity to do the cosplay thing and don the Indy gear, more updated this time around (Akubra Fed IV fedora, real whip, WWII gas mask bag replica, etc). There was supposedly another Indy roaming around, but we never got to run into each other and do a Indy doppleganger. I didn't get a chance to go see Sean Patrick Flanery...there was just so much to see to squeeze into one day. Next year, I'd like to go to two of the three days. Spend one day as the conference day: going to all the panels, meet the celebs, go to all the cosplay events. Then reserve the second day as the family day. Speaking of family, here's a "family" photo, if you wanna call it that. ;)

IMG_5248516438247.jpeg

Dress up as Toht, eh? I guess from a distance, I could pass as him, though since I'm Asian, some friends suggested I be Short Round if he were older. :p What about next year I do Indy again, but "steampunk" style? :D