A European Adventure - Exchange to Bologna

DaFedora

Hiya Folks,

Most of you might might know I'm Belgian (or European at least :rolleyes: )...
Well as it happens to be I'm going to one of those fellow member countries for 5 months (I return briefly during Easter break for a week to Belgium) - a country with arguably the most amount of museums in the Southern Mediterranean (maybe aside Greece): Italy !

I'm off to study international relations and diplomacy for the rest of my academic year (untill July) (a Masters) at the Università di Bologna - "Alma Mater Studiorum" (estd. 1066, claims to be oldest college in Europe). My plane leaves Brussels airport next tuesday 27th at 9:20 AM

I'm staying in the centre of Bologna city, near a park, 10 minutes from the railway station (since I'm registered/enrolled for their campus in Forli , some 35 miles away from Bologna, I am required to take my language courses there... how Kafka-esque).

I'm starting mi corsi di lingua italiano soon, I'm looking forward to learn the language properly since the modal italian can understand French (which I speak quite fluently), but English is really more mastered in the tourist and hotel sectors than in modal civil society. I'm thinking of starting my Subforum here of my many adventures to come, arguably with some photo's and even links to videos that may occur...

I will certainly stay in touch when I'm over there. If any Indy fans happen to have a residence in Bologna or surrounding areas, do not hesitate to contact and we'll look each other up! If you are eager to write oldfashioned paper-format letters, you may do so to the address: Via Galliera 77, 40126 Bologna.

I am sure going to visit tons of museums and some (older) libraries... When I'll be visiting Venice, I'm sure to send some popular vista's as occured in TLC (y) (except for the sewers, don't make me go down there just yet)

Ciao tutti !

DaFedora

I'll be lectured soon by... (a) Dr. Jones !

Hello everyone !

I'm still alive and kicking in the merry, busy, cosmopolitan and sunny city of Bologna, Italy !

One of my courses apparently will be taught partly at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies Bologna Center by a certain Erik Jones... off course Jones is a very common name, but still I think I wouldn't be able to supress a smirky face whenever I talk to him using that indicator 'Dr.'

I scarsely think/assume we even have a member here by that name... Coincidence ? Prof. Jones will be lecturing for us about Comparative foreign policy (Politiche estere comparate) and his colleague prof. Andreatti (his class will be in Italian as it is usual, since Italians generally really don't see any advantage in mastering another language than their own, unless you're studying them off course or it's indispensible to know other languages for your job).

Anyhow, next Tuesday Jones' lecture starts and I almost feel like making a fake poster with 'Erik Jones and the Quest for the Political Balance' or something... just to spoof it :)

I'm so sad I won't be able to see KOTCS coming out in Belgium (it runs in my country's movie theaters a day sooner than in the USA) - and I'm affraid they will have dubbed everything in Italian...
My schedule doesn't really allow it for me to return home for 3 or 4 days ... and I won't return (apart from a short break in the last week of March when I'll return home) untill the end of June or beginning of July... and then the most of the fanatic 'hypy' period will be over.

Maybe if I find a theater that runs Indy 4 in original version with Italian subtitling? That would be great, but I think that chance is quite small... anyone here that has a clue to deal with that ?? And sorry, taking a short trip to a nearby country (France/Switserland/Austria/Belgium) is not a serious option... darned... darned darned darned.

DaFedora said:
By the way, TheStranger - do you happen to be studying engineering in one of the Bologna Multicampusses ?? I am in Italy on Erasmus and it would be cool if you were in the vicinity !

DaFedora, here I come!!! :D

I didn't saw your posts the last time I logged in, but this time I've heard your call!!! :D

I'm a student at the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering in Cesena, a little town in Emilia-Romagna, so definitely YEAH, I happen to be studying in one of Bologna Multicampuses!! ;) (y)

And here comes the best part... you said you'll be taking language courses in Forlì... and well, actually, I LIVE EXACTLY THERE!!!! (y) (y)

I hope your lessons are going well!!
Looking forward to meet you one day, I already replied to your PM (at least I hope :p ... didn't know how it works...), so be sure to have a look to that and maybe we'll be able to organize something!!

DaFedora said:
Ciao - (messaggio di un vero straniero in Italia)

(y) (y)