KOTCS DVD: Do you have it?

KOTCS DVD: Do You Have It?

• Yes, I got it right away as soon as it was available.

Votes: 79 73.1%
  • Yes, I got it, but not right away.

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • No, I still don't have it.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • No, I don't think I'll add KOTCS to my collection.

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Indy's Fist

Stoo said:
I think Indy's Fist was joking!:) (Gotta love that username...)

As for me, I bought the Steel Book DVD and the Steel Book Blu-ray immediately and received the plastic-case Blu-ray for Christmas so I have it 3 times!:eek:

So far, the majority here "got it right away as soon as it was available".

Yeah, I was joking about the VHS thing. But it does seem just like yesterday I was standing there buying my IJ:LC video tape! Man how time flies!

Agent Crab

Indy's Fist said:
Yeah, I was joking about the VHS thing. But it does seem just like yesterday I was standing there buying my IJ:LC video tape! Man how time flies!

I found my Terminator VHS boxed set in my closet. Still wrapped.

Texas

Yeah, I got the DVD the same day it came out as well. I really enjoyed the movie and the KotCS "making of the film" documentaries as well.

Took the dayoff, got it first thing, set up the projector , some new jbls, dug out a few assorted creature comforts and rattled the house with it! :dead:

James

My friends get a kick out of the fact that I have quite a few copies of it.

I'm particularly fond of the Target version, which has this photo on its case:

17337850.jpg

Morning Bell

I bought the Circuit City 2-Disc version, complete with the two lithographs. It's kind of a relic now, considering the company went out of business.;)

Dr.Jonesy

I was so excited when Oct. 14th came around. (y)

Man, I'll tell you, the ancticipation I had for the DVD to come out was huge. I only saw it once in cinemas, and I was too pissed to go back a 2nd time since I thought it sucked so bad.

I began to watch it on bootleg after deciding to give it another shot. This was only days after I saw it the first time and days after it came out. I sadly never made it back to the cinemas to see it.(n)

If only I had a car!!!!!!!!

So, the anticipation in Oct. was the excitement I should've had in May, since after waiting for Indy for so long I lost interest. And right when I lost interest, the film began production. Figures.

I got the 2 disc special edition. Now, I wish I would've gotten the Best-Buy package with the Skull!

Damn it!:mad:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Bought it first day it came out. I was going through a rough time at uni and it was something to look forward to. I also wanted to finish the DVD collection. I went for the 2 disc Special Edition, because I enjoy watching BTS stuff.

indyclone25

bought my best buy collectors set with skull on the first day and loved having it added to my collection of indy dvds

Dr.Jonesy

indyclone25 said:
bought my best buy collectors set with skull on the first day and loved having it added to my collection of indy dvds

I can't remember how big the Skull is. Was it worth it?

Indyologist

After a lot of hemming and hawing, I finally got the DVD a few days ago-- and for only $10 at a convenience store! It was pre-viewed.

wolfgang

Well, I did something kinda stupid. I got the Blue ray for Christmast, but since it didn't have Chapter List or anything with the big poster on it which I love, I bought a used DVD.......for about 5 bucks. No chapter list, again, but I got the Poster I like! I like the Blue Ray Poster (Drew Struzan) too, but I find those Blue Ray boxes so tiny. Nevermind!

Johnny Nys

Bought the regular dvd when it came out here. I don't have a Blu-Ray player, don't have the budget for special editions, so that's that. Watched it three times since (after seeing it twice in the theater).

Indy's Fist

I got it on Blu-Ray and was wondering, while the picture is better on Blu-Ray I notice it's not as good as some other Blu-Ray movies I've seen why is that?

StoneTriple

I'll be buying a second copy soon. I sometimes rip the audio track from films and make audio CDs to listen to on long trips, but my software for ripping the audio track won't read Blu-ray. So I need a DVD version of Kingdom also.

The Drifter

I bought the dvd the day it was released. My Walmart did not have the blu-ray version. Now, I am holding off on buying Kingdom in blue-ray because I want to wait for the whole boxset to be released in blu-ray.
Does anyone know when this will happen?