JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Now I'm really confused...

Mupmag04.jpg

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
jpgharrison.jpg

Looks like him...
That's the photo they showed on Jay Leno and Ford outrightly denied it. It resembles him but where is his bent nose?:confused: Harry said it ain't him.
JuniorJones said:
The guy on the extreme left, in the gray ringer T-shirt & brown corduroys, is the purported suspect but he is much too young. (I first read about Ford being in "Zabriskie Point" back in the '80s and I would really like to get to the bottom of this rumour!)

---
There was also a ridiculous claim that he has a bit part in, "The Great Escape" (1963), but it's just someone who looks like a young Harrison.

Stoo

Harrison J. Ford?

Incidentally, in "A Time For Killing" (a.k.a. "The Long Ride Home") he is credited as: Harrison J. Ford.

Crack that whip

I'm really surprised there are only a couple mentions of More American Graffiti here, and none of the original American Graffiti (!). It would seem to be of particular interest, what with Bob Falfa being the first of his roles for George Lucas, who went on to have him back as Han Solo and finally our Indy.

Aside from being Harrison's first Lucasfilm, it's just a great movie, well worth seeing.

Goodeknight

Nice find, Junior. And yes, the horror...

The only interesting thing about this poster is Gene Wilder's star of David spurs. Funny.

The-Frisco-Kid-d21e578b.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
goodeknight said:
Nice find, Junior. And yes, the horror...

The only interesting thing about this poster is Gene Wilder's star of David spurs. Funny.

The-Frisco-Kid-d21e578b.jpg

I was scarred by that movie...

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
I'm really surprised there are only a couple mentions of More American Graffiti here, and none of the original American Graffiti (!). It would seem to be of particular interest, what with Bob Falfa being the first of his roles for George Lucas, who went on to have him back as Han Solo and finally our Indy.

Aside from being Harrison's first Lucasfilm, it's just a great movie, well worth seeing.
Indeed, it's a great movie but I suspect it wasn't mentioned in this thread because it's probably Ford's most known & seen early film. (Personally, I'm more interested in his obscure roles.)

Bob Falfa's best line: "I ain't nobody, dork!"

Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round on TCM right now...

JuniorJones said:
Movie Star in the making...

Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round (1966)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BrlULhMtmMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just finished the EXCELLENT "League of Gentlemen"...eight ex-British Military Bank Robers sporting Indy's gas mask bag...

phantom train

Saw "Heroes" for the first time & re-watched "The Conversation", all several months back.

Re: "Heroes", excellent '70's film with great acting, characterization, etc. Henry Winkler deserved an Oscar for his role, and Sally Field was amazing as well. HW really played against type, which is why I never really heard about this film until recently. Very much missed "Carry on my Wayward Son" at the end of the film, and agree it would have been much better with this song included - I'm guessing it was removed due to music licensing issues?!

Re: "The Conversation", superb film, and one of my favorite movies from the '70's. Gene Hackman was amazing as Harry Caul - I liked how you really had to pay attention to the story to follow everything. The movie is probably more relevant now than it was when it was first released. Very powerful last scene as well.

In both films, HF's appearances were small but important. Anyway, both are worth seeing if you haven't done so already.

Montana Smith

Kai Hagen said:
I don't know how I didn't recognize him in Apocalypse Now. I'm going to order a DVD of that.

Sometime after KOTCS Indy found the fountain of youth. Feeling full of beans he returned to the Army, still a colonel.

Working in Military Intelligence, this time he took the pseudonym 'Lucas'.

Stoo

How did you find out, Moe?:confused:

Looking at G.Dunn's filmography, I must've have seen him in other stuff. "The Beguiled" and his numerous TV shows ("My Three Sons", "My Favorite Martian", "Bonanza", "Beverly Hillbillies", "Mannix", "Sherriff Lobo", "Adam-12", "Starsky & Hutch", "Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew", etc.)

Duaner

So today I turned on "Saddle Up Saturday" on INSP and start watching an episode of the wonderful Western series The Virginian. The guest star names start coming across the screen and I was excited to see "and introducing Harrison Ford as Cullen Tindall" come across the screen. This episode is mentioned a few times in this thread. It is from 1967 and is called "The Modoc Kid". 25-year old Ford had a pretty significant role in the episode. It's a fun watch for any fan of Harrison Ford. It's weird to think that Han Solo and Indy were still 10 and 14 years away for him.