Villians, why did it have to be villians...

Who's your favorite Villain?

• Belloq

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Mola Ram

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Donovan

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dietrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toht

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Chattar Lal

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Colonel Vogel

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Hitler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elsa

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

Deadlock

What?!? Elsa didn't make the list??? Who needs depth when you've got curves like a road through the Austrian Alps??? :D

Welcome to the Raven, Jordana, where the mods are old and the wine is somwhat questionable... Or was that the other way around? ;)

Indydan13

Those curves are sharp enough to kill a man (in Elsa's case...literally). Welcome Jordana, to the Raven. I'm fairly new myself, and this site rocks!

Deadlock, I unfortunetly have not been here long enough to poke fun at the mods but I neither agree nor disagree ;)

I always thought Belloq was really a frenchman (Paul Freeman i mean) until I was about 12 (2 years ago)...

Indydan13

I only didn't put her on because I didn't consider her a villian

I mean, she did bad things for bad reasons, but for a good cause on the wrong side...and I forgot

Not to mention I can't edit the poll for some reason...

Belloq absolutly. I likes the fact that the did put some humanity into his character, which you can see for instance whenever Marion is pushed to Indy into the well of souls.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Welcome Jordana!

Actually I've relistened to his accent and I'll admit that he sounds Europeen. He's just not pronouncing the 'R' right (he rolls them or something). Maybe he speaks like a French that spent his whole life in england. My dad who works in the US has a very stong french accent, it's horrible!

EvilDevo

it was a tough choice... but i picked donovan in the end
how can you shoot henry jones? EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!
plus hes deceitful and uncaring

Indydan13

VP, can u please?

Could u change the spelling, add Hitler, Elsa, and change so u can vote numerous times (to make it fair)..please?

Thank u

Jordana

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

Vaxer, I suppose someone in Belloq's line of work has travelled widely, so I think it's probable that his accent has been diluted/distorted, like you say :)

Elsa....I liked her myself, sort of a semi-villain, I suppose. She was certainly an improvement on the other blonde Indy girl *shudder*

How about the Monkey? Does he/she count as a villain? It was pretty cute for a baddie :)

Luckylighter

I'm starting to like this Jordana girl (you ARE a girl, right?). Welcome aboard, have you met the droolers, yet? If not, you will. Trust me. ;)

Anyway, I voted for Toht because out of all the villains, to me he represents the spirit of the old cliffhanger villains--dark trench coat, dark hat, creepy voice and laugh, beady eyes, and there is more of an air of mystery about him than with Belloq, who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Toht is just so...sinister.

EDIT: By the way, what about Panama Hat? Why isn't he on there? Or Pat Roach's German Mechanic?

Last edited:

Indydan13

Panama Hat and The Mechanic are not on here because bad as they may be, they had minute roles that were more of obsticles than crucial parts of the story. Chattar tried to put a blindfold over Indy's eyes, Toht gave Belloq crucuial evidence on the ark ("heil hitler" *revealing burn on hand*) and so on and so forth. If in that case, you want to mention them, then we might as well mention all of the Nazis, thuggees, and other assorted bad guys as well.

Jordana

Luckylighter said:
I'm starting to like this Jordana girl (you ARE a girl, right?). Welcome aboard, have you met the droolers, yet? If not, you will. Trust me. ;)

Hi there :) Yep, I'm a girl....thanks for the welcome.
Who are these droolers you speak of? I'm curious.

Jordana

*ROFL* :) :) :)

That is one long (and funny) thread. I've always liked Harrison Ford, without actively fancying him....still....some of those piccies were sort of cool. Might have to drop in there and say hi.