TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #26
Morning Bell
IndyFan
 
Morning Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wherever there's adventure
Posts: 639
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii

I picked it up this week and I'm hoping to get around to it this weekend and see how the new controls work.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #27
Trennas
IndyFan
 
Trennas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 386
After playing for most of the weekend (yes, I was THAT hooked) I finally finished Arkham Asylum! Man what a ride ^^

Now it's waiting for Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend!
Trennas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #28
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trennas
After playing for most of the weekend (yes, I was THAT hooked) I finally finished Arkham Asylum! Man what a ride ^^

Now it's waiting for Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend!

It should be waiting for Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, also!
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #29
Rhys135
IndyFan
 
Rhys135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Wales, UK
Posts: 329
Currently playing the original Wario Ware game, and I'm addicted again, and actually beating a lot of the high scores I got the first time around.

Can't wait for Beatles Rock Band and the new Proffessor Layton next month!
Rhys135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #30
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan
 
Dr.Jonesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Akator
Posts: 778
I purchased Batman: Arkham Asylum earlier today and it is awesome as hell!


As a long time Batman fan/collector and who has played every Batman game that has come out since 1990, I have to say this game truly captures the comics and wipes the floor with every other Batman game ever.

I'm also an ardent Left 4 Dead fan
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:52 AM   #31
DocWhiskey
IndyFan
 
DocWhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,386
Yeah, I'm hearing amazing things from reviewers and fans of Arkham Asylum. I'm a disgustingly big Batfan, and I downloaded the demo and was blown away. My favorite Batman game is still Batman on the NES, but this one might just beat that. I have to wait a at least 3 weeks to get it though.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:32 AM   #32
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan
 
Dr.Jonesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Akator
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
Yeah, I'm hearing amazing things from reviewers and fans of Arkham Asylum. I'm a disgustingly big Batfan, and I downloaded the demo and was blown away. My favorite Batman game is still Batman on the NES, but this one might just beat that. I have to wait a at least 3 weeks to get it though.

That sucks you have to wait.


I'm just glad they finally made a Batman game worth a damn!
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #33
jamesdude
Guest
 
jamesdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 303
Sometime this month im going try and finaly clear Phantasy Star 4.
jamesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #34
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jonesy
That sucks you have to wait.


I'm just glad they finally made a Batman game worth a damn!

Dammit, I gotta wait also!
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 AM   #35
Morning Bell
IndyFan
 
Morning Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wherever there's adventure
Posts: 639
Arkham Asylum looks AMAZING. I'm considering getting a PS3 and that's one of the first games I'll be looking into. I'm not a huge Batman fan but I can't help but be impressed by it.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #36
DocWhiskey
IndyFan
 
DocWhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jonesy
That sucks you have to wait.


I'm just glad they finally made a Batman game worth a damn!

I'm glad too. I've played and pretty much own 90% of the Batman game library out there, and I never had as much fun with any of them as I did playing that 15 minute AA demo. And the reviews prove it certainly is that damn good.

I would buy the collectors edition, but the price is pretty hefty. And with everything else going on in my life right now, I have to wait long enough just to put some money aside for the regular game. Plus I haven't heard great reviews about the extras in the collectors edition.

But you have no idea how much it bugs me to hear everyone raving left and right about this game, and myself, this big batfan, trying to hold in my frustration that I have to wait haha. It especially hurts since there's at least 4 Gamestops in every direction by my school. A few days back I seriously stood outside the store and contemplated for a good 15 minutes on how I could get the game right then and there.

I think pretty soon I'm going to be locked up in Arkahm.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #37
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan
 
Dr.Jonesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Akator
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
I'm glad too. I've played and pretty much own 90% of the Batman game library out there, and I never had as much fun with any of them as I did playing that 15 minute AA demo. And the reviews prove it certainly is that damn good.

I would buy the collectors edition, but the price is pretty hefty. And with everything else going on in my life right now, I have to wait long enough just to put some money aside for the regular game. Plus I haven't heard great reviews about the extras in the collectors edition.

But you have no idea how much it bugs me to hear everyone raving left and right about this game, and myself, this big batfan, trying to hold in my frustration that I have to wait haha. It especially hurts since there's at least 4 Gamestops in every direction by my school. A few days back I seriously stood outside the store and contemplated for a good 15 minutes on how I could get the game right then and there.

I think pretty soon I'm going to be locked up in Arkahm.

I know the feeling of having to wait so long. It's so not fun... Hell, I expected to have to wait until October to buy it but I have a discount at GameCrazy and had some store credit that helped me pay for it. So I'm lucky to have gotten it so quickly after release.

I've seen the Special Edition and it seems pretty cool, but nothing I'd pay a whole lot extra for. But it's still cool to look at. The game is all I really needed.

I hope you get around to buying it soon, because as a fellow Bat-Fan, I know you'll love it! I've enjoyed being locked in Arkham immensely and don't plan on escaping anytime soon.

I'm sure when you get the game you'll concur.

I wish you luck Doc!
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #38
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan
 
Dr.Jonesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Akator
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
Dammit, I gotta wait also!

Damn...that's gotta be painful...
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #39
HovitosKing
IndyFan
 
HovitosKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
Arkham Asylum looks AMAZING. I'm considering getting a PS3 and that's one of the first games I'll be looking into. I'm not a huge Batman fan but I can't help but be impressed by it.

Great (but short) single-player game; no online component and can't start a new game with your gadgets and moves from beating it before = very weak replay value. There are challenge rooms that are fun to play over and over again though.
HovitosKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #40
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by HovitosKing
Great (but short) single-player game; no online component and can't start a new game with your gadgets and moves from beating it before = very weak replay value. There are challenge rooms that are fun to play over and over again though.

About how long did it take for you to beat it on your first play-through? Did you take your time or rush it?
I wanna know, because before I plop down my 60$ (which is hard to come by now-a-days), I would like to know if the SP is worth it for me.

Last edited by The Drifter : 09-03-2009 at 02:30 PM.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #41
RedeemedChild
IndyFan
 
RedeemedChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,663
Well I'm downloading Maple Story and after that I'll download Ankama Games's Wakfu.
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #42
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,924
What am I playing?

Well, I'm still playing MLB The Show '09, and still hacking my way through Empire: Total War. It's a long slog to global domination.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #43
Meerkat
IndyFan
 
Meerkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 323
The only things I do play are adoptables sites- GPX Plus, Warriors Adopts and Spirit Fox.
Will play the Twilight Sucks Video Game when it comes out.

I *try* to play Pokémon, but whenever I do it I lose interest really quickly because I speed through the game but at the same time try to level up every single Pokémon to the same level.
Meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #44
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan
 
Dr.Jonesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Akator
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by HovitosKing
Great (but short) single-player game; no online component and can't start a new game with your gadgets and moves from beating it before = very weak replay value. There are challenge rooms that are fun to play over and over again though.

It's not short for me. And I've been playing awhile.

It has great replay value, in my opinion.
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:17 AM   #45
Trennas
IndyFan
 
Trennas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
About how long did it take for you to beat it on your first play-through? Did you take your time or rush it?
I wanna know, because before I plop down my 60$ (which is hard to come by now-a-days), I would like to know if the SP is worth it for me.

I took my very sweet time going through entire game, collecting and solving all of the Riddler challenges, which takes some backtracking. Still a lot of fun to do it though! If you just follow the story line you'll probably go through it much faster, but I think I spend 10+ hours on completing it entirely. Which isn't short, but rather normal in my opinion. Also, I'd rather have a 10 hour game which is just so damned good than a 20 hour game that sucks The length of the game is perfect for the game itself though; I mean, how long do you think you can drag out a storyline set in a relatively locked (even though the areas are still pretty big) environment, without it getting boring as hell?

For me, the SP alone was definitely worth it. I enjoyed myself immensely, as have others, and I'm still just stunned at how it all FEELS like a genuine Batman adventure. I don't think you're gonna find a better Batman game out there anytime soon; because this one just has it all.
Trennas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #46
RedeemedChild
IndyFan
 
RedeemedChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,663
Here's what I'm fixing to play.

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=19491
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #47
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
I may start on either Fallout 3 or Bioshock next.
I've been replaying my old games here lately.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #48
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan
 
Dr.Jonesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Akator
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I may start on either Fallout 3 or Bioshock next.
I've been replaying my old games here lately.

Both brilliant games. Especially Bioshock, which I recently replayed.


If you like Fallout 3, try Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. That's one hell of a game too.
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #49
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jonesy
Both brilliant games. Especially Bioshock, which I recently replayed.


If you like Fallout 3, try Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. That's one hell of a game too.

Very true.
I bet I put close to 200 hours into Oblivion.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #50
Trennas
IndyFan
 
Trennas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 386
I was much into Oblivion for a while when it just came out, but it just got boring sooooooo quickly.

I'm gonna pick up Bioshock as well soon. Local toy store has it for 20 euros, which is a bargain (other stores are still selling it for 40 euros, though) if you ask me! Played the demo a while back and I was quite amazed at the great design
Trennas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.