The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Crusade>Raiders

The Man said:
I didn't know they were playing the same character.

Yeah, apprently Weisz was too good to pretend she was running away from CGI hydras and fire-breathing terracotta soliders, so now Bello is in her place.

Forbidden Eye

This is the Rush Hour 3 of 2008, quite a fairly big gap in comparison to the original and the first sequel, people just ask "What's the point?", as they aren't anything truly special.

All these films are are a "decent 2-hours" at best.

Gear

Honestly, I didn't even know a third Mummy was even produced until not even a week ago when I watched the Spike TV Awards and saw Fraiser introduced as the star of the upcoming Mummy movie.

It surprised the HELL out of me. I hadn't heard a thing about it.

fixer79

gear guardian said:
Honestly, I didn't even know a third Mummy was even produced until not even a week ago when I watched the Spike TV Awards and saw Fraiser introduced as the star of the upcoming Mummy movie.

It surprised the HELL out of me. I hadn't heard a thing about it.

You must've missed this thread then...

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=11567

Anyhoo... I'm really looking forward to The Mummy 3. Those trailers look awesome, even though they show a bit too much of the movie...
They're pretty spoilerific...

WillKill4Food

I don't like the name. Shi-Huangdi isn't a "mummy." The story sounds good, but I don't think they should leave the Egyptian motif. After all, didn't they make Rick and Evie reincarnations of Egyptians in the second one? Didn't that kind of signify that they were meant to focus on Egyptian mummies?

Gear

Well, they really don't have to stick with an Egyptian theme.

I think that even with the very little I know about it, still sounds good.

WillKill4Food

I'm sorry. But I think it's going to suck just like Mummy 2.
It'll be a damn fun ride, but when you watch it a second time you'll be like "Damn! That movie sucked! It was all thrill, no fill."
That's how I felt after Mummy 2 and Scorpion King.

And, shockingly enough, that's how I felt after Indy IV.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to ResidentAlien?

Jonesy9906753

not to be a party pooper,but this movie looks terrible. i love the 1st mummy, and the second is so so,but when i saw the trailer for the movie i was cringing in my seat because o connell's son looks the exact same age as him,racheal weisz is gone and i can definitley see why,as well as Ardeth Bay. im very glad fraiser is in it but how could you agree to that kind of a movie? i would request they get a new writer if i were him...just throwin my opinion out there.
:whip:

kongisking

Dragon_emperor_ver4.jpg

UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLYAWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :eek:

RocketSledFight

I love how angry/intense Fraser looks in that poster, countered by a very...sleepy looking Jet Li.

I also love how both Li and Jackie Chan have confessed to participating in recent films solely to make some serious coin, and succeeding wildly on most every occasion. The latter of the two even derided his American films, and American audiences in general.

Sorry for the rant. I just miss Bruce Lee sometimes. :(

WillKill4Food

ResidentAlien said:
What a terrible poster.
Agreed.
Li looks absolutely nothing like I would imagine Shi Huang Di to look.
And Fraser looks ridiculous.
This movie will be just another 'epic' spectacular that everyone loves for a week or two and then looks back and says "Damn, that really sucked." like they did with Pirates 3.

kongisking

WillKill4Food said:
Agreed.
Li looks absolutely nothing like I would imagine Shi Huang Di to look.
And Fraser looks ridiculous.
This movie will be just another 'epic' spectacular that everyone loves for a week or two and then looks back and says "Damn, that really sucked." like they did with Pirates 3.

Awwww, maaaaaaaan! Come on, guys! :(

kongisking

BTW, have any of you bought the new Deluxe Editions of Mummy 1&2 in stores now? It comes with a super-cool peek at TODE, new commentaries by Brendan Fraser (damn, he's a very shy talker! As if he just got back from a musical; all whispery and quiet! But also REALLY funny!), Arnold Vosloo, Oded Fehr and Kevin J. O'Connor (this one I especially like: listen to Kevin talk about the 'misunderstanding' concerning his motivation for showing his terrible haircut during Burns' death scene, and be on lookout for Vosloo's always-great insight into how he approached his role. Plus, Oded is really just super-likable...).

But the REAL grab with these sets is... THEY COME WITH A FREE TICKET TO MUMMY 3!!! YAY! I just entered in the code (on the slip inside the cover) onto this website and printed out the coupon! It's good for 7.50 off one admission at any participating theater from August 1st to August 24th. Trust me, even though these DVD's are mostly double-dips (other than a few new extras, but most are lifted from previous releases), the ticket makes it all worth it!!!!!

I'm going to see TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR!!! YIPEE!!!! (y) (y)

P.S. It really is very depressing when you folks keep ripping up At World's End. No movie deserves this: not KOTCS, not POTC 3, hell, not even BATMAN AND ROBIN! (okay, take back the last one...;) :p ) And, no, I will never stop defending ''good old Cap'n Jack''.

RocketSledFight

kongisking said:
P.S. It really is very depressing when you folks keep ripping up At World's End. No movie deserves this: not KOTCS, not POTC 3, hell, not even BATMAN AND ROBIN! (okay, take back the last one...;) :p ) And, no, I will never stop defending ''good old Cap'n Jack''.

Cap'n Jack was great... in all the films. The gut-wrenching plot convolutions of At World's End were not so great.

The Man

Will it have sufficient clout to dethrone The Dark Knight, the greatest event in the history of Planet Earth, from the No. 1 spot?