Second Official Poster Released!

Ska

Just right click the high-res pic posted above and select "set as desktop background"

If it's stretched, right click the desktop and go to properties...under desktop select "center" instead of "stretch".

torao

Moderator Emeritus
That's better.

And yet I don't think the single aspects of this composition fit together quite as well as in other Struzan paintings. Especially Mac's and Marion's heads seem out of place.

It still feels good to look the giant head of Indiana Jones in the eyes, though.

Dr Jones

A fantastic poster!

It's classic Indy but has a more 'modern' poster feel for the 21st century adventure.

All the cast come across well in his art, such a talent. Loving the 'Raiders' homage too, and the full front of Indy looking ready for action yet again in the top centre!

;)

Darth Bork

SKAbatula said:
Just right click the high-res pic posted above and select "set as desktop background"

If it's stretched, right click the desktop and go to properties...under desktop select "center" instead of "stretch".

Cheers mate! Thats much better!

AndyLGR

Marion looks like she is played by my next door neighbour, so thats where she disappeared to last year.

Inbanana

"May 22"... is this the final poster or just the second teaser?

Looks great to me, but since we're dissecting it, the only thing that kinda bothers me is the "a Steven Spielberg film" tag line above the title... which NONE of the other Indy posters seemed the need to have. I also kinda miss the funky font of the teaser... to me the font always changed slightly with each of the previous ones, so it was like a tradition. I like the orange background, it reminds me of the trailer, but I wouldn't have minded a cooler palette because it seems like there won't be as many dusty/desert locations in this one. Not bad, but just didn't hit me the same way the teaser did...

Reminds of the Disney ride poster...

HollyW00d

Here's a quick shop I did to compare them all

4posters.jpg

Inbanana

Cate's holding the sword almost the exact same way Shia is heree:
indy4-26feb-shia-poster.jpg

I wonder if Drew really did draw that one...

Ah... I see now that the final Last Crusade poster says "Opens Wednesday May 24" also... so I guess this is the final one.

Rayder

I think the reason I like the ToD poster more than KotCS poster is that there is more to it, for lack of a better term it is much more busy than KotCS, more stuff to look at. Which to me, makes the poster more interesting.

Echo22

It's interesting to see which major cast member is missing from this poster.

Wonder why? (not referring to Broadbent, by the way)

No Ticket

Rayder said:
I think the reason I like the ToD poster more than KotCS poster is that there is more to it, for lack of a better term it is much more busy than KotCS, more stuff to look at. Which to me, makes the poster more interesting.

I like it best because of Indy blocking the Thuggee's attack on the left. That pose is just uber kickass.

I also really like the part where he is riding on his horse with the gun pointed ahead on the LC poster.