Who else saw Indy 3 in theaters?

Skywalker82

I did when i was 7 years old 4 times and was a great experience.

I even had the comics, Mcdonalds cups, storybook and even a t-shirt with an action figure.

micsteam

I saw it when I was 16, nearly 17, and I saw it twice. At the time I felt it wasn't quite as good as Raiders or Temple, I've seen all the Indiana Jones at the time they were released, but enjoyed it very much and recently have a new appreciation for it. At the time I felt the grail wasn't as powerful an object as the Ark of the Covenant. It was the first or second weekend it had come out that I first saw it and I got the movie poster, which I wish I still had, and I even still have the original ticket stub. I'm a big movie nut and I was as a kid so I have all the Entertainment Tonight and other shows interviews with the cast on VHS. :hat:

micsteam

No sorry, last I remember the only cups/glasses I collected were from Burger King back in 1980 for Empire Strikes Back.

Stoo

micsteam said:
I even still have the original ticket stub.
Same here.:) I had recently turned 22 and saw it opening night with my then-girlfriend at the Dorval Cinema on Dorval Ave. in Dorval. It was a Wednesday.

I think I saw it 2 more times before it was gone from theatres. (In my area, "Crusade" didn't last nearly as long as the earlier Indy movies. I think it only showed for about 4 months, tops.)
micsteam said:
I have all the Entertainment Tonight and other shows interviews with the cast on VHS.:hat:
Make a list, Chris, then pop over to this thread and tell us what ya got:

Old Trilogy Interviews

You might have something that I don't and vice-versa.:D

WilliamBoyd8

I am pretty sure that I saw "Crusade" in a theater when it came out or soon after.

I liked "Raiders" and figured that this film would be similar.

I lived in Mountain View, California at the time, a town which had many theatres.

:)

Randy_Flagg

I saw all four Indy films in the theater.

I remember when I saw Raiders, my mother was trying to convince me that Indy was played by the same guy who played Han Solo. I didn't believe her. For some reason, I couldn't see the resemblance. (keep in mind, I was very young at the time!)

Temple Of Doom was my favorite when I saw it. I think I was 8 or 9 years old, which is the perfect age for that movie. I saw it several times, and thought it was hilarious, exciting, and everything that a good adventure movie should be. It doesn't appeal as much to me anymore, but I guess it's not supposed to.

I saw Last Crusade while I was in high school. I remember being disappointed with it. For me, it lacked the "edge of your seat" factor that Temple Of Doom had. It felt too bright and cheery, and some of the humor (such as Indy falling backwards down the stairs) just felt out of character. Over time, I've learned to like the film more, though.

Henry W Jones

Randy_Flagg said:
I saw all four Indy films in the theater.

I remember when I saw Raiders, my mother was trying to convince me that Indy was played by the same guy who played Han Solo. I didn't believe her. For some reason, I couldn't see the resemblance. (keep in mind, I was very young at the time!)

Temple Of Doom was my favorite when I saw it. I think I was 8 or 9 years old, which is the perfect age for that movie. I saw it several times, and thought it was hilarious, exciting, and everything that a good adventure movie should be. It doesn't appeal as much to me anymore, but I guess it's not supposed to.

I saw Last Crusade while I was in high school. I remember being disappointed with it. For me, it lacked the "edge of your seat" factor that Temple Of Doom had. It felt too bright and cheery, and some of the humor (such as Indy falling backwards down the stairs) just felt out of character. Over time, I've learned to like the film more, though.

Pretty much my story as well

S. Dakota Jones

You're all lucky. Never saw any of them on the big screen.

I saw Raiders and ToD all the time on HBO as a kid and when Last Crusade came out, I sure wanted to and asked my mom if we could go plenty of times(I was 8 or 9 at the time), but it never happend.

I was deployed when Crystal Skull came out so a nogo there as well. Although when the base got their copy I did see it on a projector screen but it was nothing like seeing it on the big screen, as well as being a VHS copy, believe it or not.

Henry W Jones

And of course I saw it at the theater with the other 3 last year in September. I appreciate the film now so it was quite enjoyable.

OmegaSeamaster

Going to see "Last Crusade" was one of the most magical movie experiences of my life. I was 13 going on 14, and I remember being all fired up to see it.

I ran into my Industrial Arts / Wood Shop teacher in my showing, which was kind of funny. I think he sat in the row right in front of me.

The audience was glued to the screen, and everyone was pretty much into the quest for the grail. During the three challenges, you could hear a pin drop.

When the credits rolled, people were riding a wave of emotion about how it was such a fun movie and solid entry. I recall thinking, "Oh man, this can't be Indy's last movie!!

I'm not an Indy 4 fan :sick: , so to me it's still the final movie....with Indy riding off into the sunset. :whip:

mini-inferno

I only saw the first three Indy films at the cinema. I went to see Raiders back in 1981, only because of the trailers being shown on tv. It was at my local ABC cinema and I remember it was packed out. I'm still proud to say I saw the original 80s print of the film which was a little different from the IMAX screening a couple of years ago. First off the credits were in solid white without the black lines whihc were added to later prints and the reflections of the cobra were all there. Pity they were all removed. Added to the charm of Raiders in my opinion.;)

Skywalker82

Wow that's nice some of you saw the first 3 movies in theaters.

The only one i saw was Last Crusade as i was born a year after Raiders was made.

IndyForever

Yep 10 times at the Empire Leicester Square, London, England in 1989. That cinema used to be a THX showcase cinema (Lucasfilm owned sound system back then) Spielberg, Lucas, Ford all attended the Indy premieres as well at the same cinema (which is now being rebuilt for IMAX sadly it used to be the best in the entire world back in the day though).

Indy 3 sounded incredible in THX 70mm the walls of water when Indy is on the boat retrieving the cross of Coronado were stunning then later the shells flying from the tank in the desert chase went front to back & sounded real! Ben Burtt did an amazing job on sound design you had to see it in THX 70mm to fully appreciate nowadays even the Bluray with the best equipment money can buy at home does not come close to the THX 70mm Indy 3 experience ;)

One of the greatest cinematic experiences I ever had :D

Crack that whip

Though it's not my favorite of the four (that will always be Raiders of the Lost Ark, I'm sure), it's actually the one I've seen theatrically the most times, at seventeen. That's sixteen Indyvidual screenings back in '89 (fourteen by itself, plus twice more in the double feature Paramount gave it in late summer with Star Trek V: The Final Frontier), plus once more in the AMC marathon in September of 2012, to commemorate the Blu-ray release.

Saw it 6 or 7 times when it came out. I was 16 and loved it. Real Summer film feeling. Never saw it in London but in the local screens

AndyLGR

This was the first Indy film I saw in the cinema. TLC was up there in terms of expectation with me going to see ESB and ROTJ on the big screen. I was really excited to see it.

Something thats easy to forget now, is that back then if you didn't see some something at the cinema you could be waiting a while to watch it again, whether on video rental or on the TV. There was none of this it'll be out in 2 months to buy like there is now.