My Indy costume... a work in progress

Drones33

S. Dakota Jones said:
I like the boots.

The only thing I don't like about Aldens is that they have the smooth sole. Not exactly what you would want while traveling through jungles and deserts lol.

Danner makes an Indy-esque boot in the "less than Aldens" range but they do have a large "Danner" stamp on the outside ankle.

Hmmm...I'll give em a look :)

S. Dakota Jones

The Danner "Jack" model is the one I was referring to.

danner-jack-7_zps8924c7a6.jpg

This is the 7" model but there is also a 5" model available.

Change out the laces and they would be perfect!

S. Dakota Jones

My aldens are 5"(not counting the sole), so I'm thinking the same size with the Danners too. I was looking at the 7" and they did look a little tall to me.

On a personal note, I was just thinking that Ford must have worn shorter laces or Alden sells them with longer laces then they used to because onscreen, he ties them leaving the top two unlaced and if I try to do that with mine they are too long lol. I have to go one unlaced or all laced up.

I put them on after getting the measurements(cause...why not?) and I broke one of the laces(n) as well so now I need to find replacements but I'm gonna turn it into a quest to find a shorter pair:D lol.

jsarino

The toe portion of the boot doesn't seam smoothly though. That being said, it can pass as a replica...after some wear-and-tear of course. (y)

jsarino

S. Dakota Jones said:
My aldens are 5"(not counting the sole), so I'm thinking the same size with the Danners too. I was looking at the 7" and they did look a little tall to me.

Good to know! :hat: Those Danners are growing on me. If only I can hide/scuff off the logo or crest on the heel.

Drones33

My new bullwhip

My new bullwhip arrived yesterday.
bullwhip_by_00177840-d80thpw.jpg

Its a 6 foot, (although from the handle to the tip of the cracker its closer to 8 feet long,)12 plait, standard cow-hide bullwhip from Whiplash Bullwhips, a UK based whip maker based in Yorkshire, that I found through the Outdoor Hobbies website.
So if you`re after a real whip rather than a prop, give them a look. :whip:
http://www.whiplashbullwhips.co.uk/#

Drones33

Decent pair of Indy boots...at last!

Been on the look out for a decent pair of Indy boots for ages but, as Ive said before, can`t really justify the 400 quid price tag for Aldens. I was delighted to, quite by accident, stumble upon these while out shopping: the Buchanan boot from John Lewis. A very respectable Alden-alike for £99.
boots_2_by_00177840-d83eco9.jpg

boots_1_by_00177840-d83eciq.jpg

Wore them for the first time today; a little stiff at first but very comfortable straight out of the box. Great.(y)

jsarino

Drones33 said:
How are the Danners? I had planned to get a pair myself had I not found these:)

They're breaking in nicely thanks to some leather softener, and they're certainly good-looking shoes. I'm getting some buyer's remorse though because those Buchanans are even closer to-the-mark!

Drones33

My new Fed IV arrived today:) I'm most impressed with it. Hadn't realised how noticeably smaller the brim is than my AdVintage, so I'm attempting to give it a Last Crusade bash. When I'm happy with the shape I'll post a couple of pics. :hat:

Drones33

My updated Indy Gear; Raiders,Temple, Crusade.

Here`s a few up to date photos of my gear. Coming along nicely...:)
indys7_zps2571a74d.jpg

Raiders
indys2_zpsf2966d1e.jpg

Temple of Doom
indys1_zps7146ca99.jpg

Last Crusade