No more Indiana Jones from George Lucas.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Reminds me of this scene...

Ace Ventura: WOW., Ray Finkle's house, I can't wait to meet him.
Mr. Finkle: Ray ain't coming home.
Ace Ventura: But your wife said you expect him home any minute...
Mr. Finkle: She expects him home any minute, see the engine's running but there's nobody behind the wheel....

With George as Mrs. Finkle, the Board of Trustess @ Lucasfilm as Mr. Finkle and theRaven fanatic fanboyz as Ace Ventura....

ray-finkles-mom.png

Dr. Gonzo

One day, I'm sure it will happen Pale...

but if it's the night of the release of :dead: Indiana Jones 5 :dead: then you're buying... and we'll be drinking before we see the film. I don't think I could watch it sober.

Dr. Gonzo said:

but if it's the night of the release of :dead: Indiana Jones 5 :dead: then you're buying... and we'll be drinking before we see the film. I don't think I could watch it sober.

Oh cmon u know u will be able, ppl just love to exaggerate :p

Regards,

LJ

Montana Smith

Luisiana Jones said:
Oh cmon u know u will be able, ppl just love to exaggerate :p

Regards,

LJ

I don't drink, so it's unlikely I'll ever watch Indy 5. :p

My breaking point would be a Blu ray for £2 or less.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:

It'll be metamucil...we'll be Statler and Waldorf

Montana Smith said:
I don't drink, so it's unlikely I'll ever watch Indy 5. :p

My breaking point would be a Blu ray for £2 or less.

Dunno which of both statements would be more exaggerated xD if that u dont drink at all or that u would actually wait for the Blu ray to be around 2 pounds :p

Regards,

LJ

Montana Smith

Luisiana Jones said:
Dunno which of both statements would be more exaggerated xD if that u dont drink at all or that u would actually wait for the Blu ray to be around 2 pounds :p

Regards,

LJ

I don't drink alcohol.

I would wait for a secondhand Blu ray.

So both statements are true!

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
It'll be metamucil...we'll be Statler and Waldorf

If in the case it even were to happen (big if) then we really will be drinking Metamucil... and we will be Statler and Waldorf, in age. :dead:

Statler+Waldorf.jpg

Indy's brother

RaiderMitch said:
No. Not to be mysterious, but there is professional respect when it comes to these things and I'm not posting who, what and where I get my information. That's how I had the info on the BluRays, great opportunities to interview folks behind the scenes of the Indy films, and even a trip/tour out there. Yes it was an email and I posted what it said regarding Mr Lucas and plans for Indy 5. Case closed.

I knew that would be your response, Mitch. But I had to ask anyway. No really, I had to! ;)

Archaeos

Without disturbing Waldorf & Statler here :hat: , I was just thinking:

What I found odd from the start was that the "Lizzy Letter" has a very infantile writing style. Stoo poignantly described this as "teenie-bopper".

Knowing that Lucasfilm has a pretty high quality threshold for hiring staff, and very tightly controls public information dissemination, we might want to exlude that this letter was posted by some teenage "blonde bimbo" caricature on a short job experience placement.

It's rather fair to assume that this style was deliberatly chosen to reply to Mickiana. It seems they profiled Mickiana as a teenager based on the original mail, replied accordingly, and might also have chosen the wording and content of what to write to Mickiana accordingly.

This might also explain the length she went through to reply, namely by post (and not e-mail), and include a (rare?) t-shirt as a gift, and in a relatively small size. Normally this kind of effort requires some supervisory sign-off (esp. the t-shirt).

While I am not saying that Indy V is never going to happen, as Lizzy wrote (esp. since Mitch got a different nod on the topic from his source), I think the letter isn't some throwaway mistake done by some junior booper fembot we can just dismiss.

Last edited:

Mickiana

Montana Smith said:
Your shirt fitted like a condom. The next film would have been a more promising prospect if Indy had worn his.

Ha ha! Very funny and the more so because it is true.

Mickiana

Re Archaeos. It's true I didn't state my age (I'm 43), but my letter was written well enough, I think, to have not been taken for a teenager's. Though, Elizabeth did sound young in her wording and if indeed she was, it would be natural for her to assume I was younger. All a big 'perhaps'.

kongisking

Mickiana said:
Ha ha! Very funny and the more so because it is true.

I would kindly ask if you could tone down the derogatory jokes about KOTCS, as it veers you dangerously close to the troll line (or is that bridge?), but I doubt you'd listen to a daft Pro-KOTCSer like me...;)

Mickiana

kongisking said:
I would kindly ask if you could tone down the derogatory jokes about KOTCS, as it veers you dangerously close to the troll line (or is that bridge?), but I doubt you'd listen to a daft Pro-KOTCSer like me...;)

I didn't make the joke, I was only laughing heartily at it!

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
Aw, crap. I'm sorry, Mick. My post was directed at Monty, not you. That's embarassing...:eek:

You know you like it really.

Especially when you know they're not all true. ;)

This was a personal favourite:

50.gif

Last edited:

I.M.J.

Mickiana said:
How come Lucas hasn't said anything direct, but the Public Relations employee tells a fan? Is it a cover up and they are planning Indy5 in secret?

Cmon man, we aren't talking about the Secret Service or the Illuminati here. If there wasn't some kind of trickle down information then the PR person would've just said nothing regarding the status of future films.