Things Sleeping Beauty's Castle could fade into

Finn

Staff member
A tongue-in-cheek idea that just popped into my mind: The opening could take place in the original Disneyland during the sixties - just for the sake of having that opening tradition intact.

As an idea, that sounds both so cheap and so meta at the same time.

But yeah. It likely won't feature the castle at all.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Maybe he's about to buy off the family with a vacation before he goes gallivanting about the globe.

aa74ca50d26e5e352ed0850016b1fccc.jpg

Toht's Arm

Oh dear, I can see it now. If they fiddle with the timelines enough they could have a crossover with Tomorrowland, having Indy pass the kid version of George Clooney's character in a boat on the It's a Small World ride...:sick:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
Maybe he's about to buy off the family with a vacation before he goes gallivanting about the globe.

aa74ca50d26e5e352ed0850016b1fccc.jpg

Subtle, you master you. PS, your D23 was for members only.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Subtle, you master you. PS, your D23 was for members only.

Funky. It loads correctly from a search engine, but not from the link.

Anyway, maybe a will on someone's part to shift the fade-in from a mountain to a castle will lead to that old familiar intro being dusted off. Almost a pity it'd be so hard to justify another excursion to central Europe. That Scottish castle could just as easily be haunted by old Ludwig. Mac and Indy's last mission?

Last edited:

curmudgeon

Funky. It loads correctly from a search engine, but not from the link.

I see the image just fine.

Anyways. Since they didn't have the Disney logo on Star Wars, I see no reason to think they'd do so on Indy.

How about the Lucasfim logo? Maybe fade that into some Greek ruins, or some other building with columns like the Lincoln Memorial?

Stoo

Finn said:
A tongue-in-cheek idea that just popped into my mind: The opening could take place in the original Disneyland during the sixties - just for the sake of having that opening tradition intact.

As an idea, that sounds both so cheap and so meta at the same time.
Same thing popped into my mind more than 18 months before Lucasfilm was even sold. :)

See: post #14.

curmudgeon said:
And if that stays the case, what would you like to see them do? Abandon the fade altogether? Try to fade the Lucasfilm arch into something? Maybe just open the film with a shot of a mountain for the hell of it?
The fade MUST NOT be abandoned! They could dissolve the Lucasfilm logo into the span of an arched bridge (or some other arched object). Film it with a mountain behind and...voilà, problem solved. Just send the cameras to Switzerland, where there are plenty of places to chose from!

Ex: Killerhof-Brücke in Valais

7b6b4c90-2e01-417a-bfd8-3c9ff6046ae9_zpsjgcmwrwu.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Stoo said:
The fade MUST NOT be abandoned! They could dissolve the Lucasfilm logo into the span of an arched bridge (or some other arched object). Film it with a mountain behind and...voilà, problem solved. Just send the cameras to Switzerland, where there are plenty of places to chose from!

Ex: Killerhof-Brücke in Valais

7b6b4c90-2e01-417a-bfd8-3c9ff6046ae9_zpsjgcmwrwu.jpg

Great proof of concept. I think that's the strongest direction to go in. Arches are as easy to find as mountains in Indy's milieu.