Disney eyeing Chris Pratt

All this Pratt talk makes me sick, I have a great casting idea. How about Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, regardless of his age.??

I'd rather see a 80 year old Harrison who can't walk or talk in a wheelchair play indy again, then a new young flavour of the month wannabe!!

TheFedora

Túrin Turambar said:
All this Pratt talk makes me sick, I have a great casting idea. How about Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, regardless of his age.??

I'd rather see a 80 year old Harrison who can't walk or talk in a wheelchair play indy again, then a new young flavour of the month wannabe!!

Indiana Jones and the Lost Bingo Hall of Doom. :whip: Realistically by the time another Indy movie gets made, Ford is going to be pushing 80. Disney wants to do something with a franchise that they know has lots of sequel/merchandising opportunities.

Doesn't matter Harrison as kept fit and strong his hole life, he as the body of a 45year old man. They did a test a while ago. Despite his weed smoking and his occasional drink. He still works out every other day.

Have you seen the bulging vanes on his four arms? 73 year old man? Drinking from that joiners cup paid of hey.?

Duaner

Túrin Turambar said:

You know, no one is going to make you watch the movie. If you don't like the new actor, then don't watch it. Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and will always be the true Indiana Jones to me and most everyone here. But I accept that an adventure movie with a 73 year old (or older by the time it's done) is just not practical. I have a strong desire to see more Indiana Jones adventures on the big screen, so I can accept a new actor.

I've already watched River Phoenix, Corey Carrier, Sean Patrick Flanery, and George Hall play Indy. I had no problem with that. Also to me, Sean Connery is the true James Bond. I love many of the non-Connery Bond movies. I am very loyal to the original Star Trek cast, but the new J.J. Abrams films are fantastic. Michael Keaton was the best Batman, but the Christian Bale Batman was sure lots of fun to watch. It is possible to replace an actor and enjoy the new movie without taking anything away from the original.

I don't know why you are so opposed to a new actor in the role. It's going to happen in the near future. Just sit back and enjoy what they give us!

Indy1Jones2

Duaner said:
You know, no one is going to make you watch the movie. If you don't like the new actor, then don't watch it. Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and will always be the true Indiana Jones to me and most everyone here. But I accept that an adventure movie with a 73 year old (or older by the time it's done) is just not practical. I have a strong desire to see more Indiana Jones adventures on the big screen, so I can accept a new actor.

I've already watched River Phoenix, Corey Carrier, Sean Patrick Flanery, and George Hall play Indy. I had no problem with that. Also to me, Sean Connery is the true James Bond. I love many of the non-Connery Bond movies. I am very loyal to the original Star Trek cast, but the new J.J. Abrams films are fantastic. Michael Keaton was the best Batman, but the Christian Bale Batman was sure lots of fun to watch. It is possible to replace an actor and enjoy the new movie without taking anything away from the original.

I don't know why you are so opposed to a new actor in the role. It's going to happen in the near future. Just sit back and enjoy what they give us!

As much as I want ford in the role I do see your point and all those movies are good so if they get a new actor it will be fine but I would like to see fords last ride as Indy.

We all want Harrison to do one awesome final Indy film, he doesn't want the weak effort skull was to be his goodbye to his beloved character does he..

And a lot of nonsense about Ford's age Clint was still mowing down scum in his 70's so is Ford.

Right as we speak they have top men working to get this done!

Trust me.:cool:

Dr. Gonzo

Túrin Turambar said:
And a lot of nonsense about Ford's age Clint was still mowing down scum in his 70's so is Ford.

Eastwood's penultimate acting role...
nS7nFvS.png

You really wanna see Indy like that?
Okay, here you go...
BhbkDEMCMAAUOAZ.jpg

JasonMa

After seeing Jurassic World I'm on board with the idea of Pratt as Indy. They kept his goofiness to a minimum (almost all of it was used in the trailer) and he handled the action-adventure part well. Its not hard to see him in the role.

AnythingGoes

Making my first post in ages to put my measly hapenny in...

I am totally on board with casting a new actor for a new Indy, and Pratt seems to me to be, if not the very best choice (which I suppose would be 38 year old Harry brought back from yesteryear) then certainly a top candidate.

Let's face it, Indiana Jones is not Star Wars. It is a smaller universe with larger than life characters, driven by a mix of over the top set pieces and character building. Indy is a character whose history is many layered and rich with possibility and opportunity. Rather than taking the badass-but-aging Ford and putting him back in the saddle, after marrying his character off and giving him a dubious illegitimate son, why not take a younger, quite talented actor and release more films exploring Indy's very rich career?

In the end, Disney is a corporation very much invested in franchises, and casting a younger actor has more promise for the future of our beloved franchise than putting Ford's Indy in some psychedelic adventure in the Summer of Love.

So I'm all for it, team Mouse House all the way, raising my glass to the Second Star on the Right and all that other jazz.

indytim

Túrin Turambar said:
Doesn't matter Harrison as kept fit and strong his hole life, he as the body of a 45year old man. They did a test a while ago. Despite his weed smoking and his occasional drink. He still works out every other day.

Have you seen the bulging vanes on his four arms? 73 year old man? Drinking from that joiners cup paid of hey.?

Wow. So not only have you been privy to Mr Ford's inner social circle you now also have access to his medical records. You're quite something.

Duaner

Túrin Turambar said:
Have you seen the bulging vanes on his four arms?

I never realized Harrison Ford had four arms. Nor that all four of them had weather vanes bulging out of them.

Z dweller

Duaner said:
I never realized Harrison Ford had four arms. Nor that all four of them had weather vanes bulging out of them.
Well, he used to have two arms like everyone else, but when he met Elvis in Spielberg's living room a few weeks ago, Harry expressed the wish to get two extra ones in order to play Indy more convincingly in the next movie.

Elvis granted his wish, and Spielberg and Marshall applauded and cried happy tears, and everyone toasted Harry's six-limbed apotheosis.

JasonMa said:
After seeing Jurassic World I'm on board with the idea of Pratt as Indy. They kept his goofiness to a minimum (almost all of it was used in the trailer) and he handled the action-adventure part well. Its not hard to see him in the role.

Tell you what judging by the terrible ridiculous suggestions for the next Indy and this nonsense about Harry passed it, and the sad Pratt fanboys. Tell you what I'll be the Next indiana Jones hey?? I don't look like the back end of a Bus, I have all my original Teeth, I've got a leather jacket....And once I went on a archaeology dig that lasted a full day....I even found somebody's Skull.

Problem solved.

JasonMa

Túrin Turambar said:
Tell you what judging by the terrible ridiculous suggestions for the next Indy and this nonsense about Harry passed it, and the sad Pratt fanboys. Tell you what I'll be the Next indiana Jones hey?? I don't look like the back end of a Bus, I have all my original Teeth, I've got a leather jacket....And once I went on a archaeology dig that lasted a full day....I even found somebody's Skull.

Problem solved.
Tell you what judging by this terrible ridiculous suggestions that Harrison Ford will be the star of the next Indy movie at his age or that an actor can't act and as such Chris Pratt can't do the job...

Yeah, looks as equally dumb a response when turned around.