The Official Wild Goose Chase Thread (for all the rumors with undisclosed source)

San Holo

Ya can't have Indy find the Lost Ark and the cup of Christ, then say that the divine origins of these objects came not from God, but rather creatures from outer space. FN lame-Have Lucas and Spielberg became Scientologists?

Shortie

I like the idea of Indy II (as I call him) & Indy finding out, dramatically, of their relationship together.

Indy1986

let's just trust Spielberg! i mean they know what they are doing
though i am not thrilled about the alien idea
i wish i could resist reading those damn spoilers....just to hard no i have to worry about aliens:eek: :eek:

00Kevin

Indyfan
this scenarios is very interesting

I was never a big fun of the alien plot, but the way it was presented sounds, well...interesting

Zorg

Keep it cool, people! There won't be aliens, not in the sense you're thinking of now. Read the news on CHUD carefully...

And: please, just don't judge this before we've seen the film!

Finn

Staff member
You know... something about this still sounds somewhat shifty. I can't quite place my finger on it, but there's something... (or then it will get all very clear once we get more info on this).

Hey, here's a thought for you: What if this all is simply another layer of smoke and mirrors? I mean, they're knowingly letting out some bogus story that will give the media and fans something to gnaw on while they keep working with the real McCoy?

They did it with Return of the Jedi...

Dr.Sartorius

Finn said:
You know... something about this still sounds somewhat shifty. I can't quite place my finger on it, but there's something... (or then it will get all very clear once we get more info on this).

Hey, here's a thought for you: What if this all is simply another layer of smoke and mirrors? I mean, they're knowingly letting out some bogus story that will give the media and fans something to gnaw on while they keep working with the real McCoy?

They did it with Return of the Jedi...

I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing's really a spoiler anyway until its officially confirmed.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Spielberg's people crafted an intricate alternative relaity game for AI called the Beast. A fraction of this effort could give us the runaround for a year. Especially if there's no coherent plot to craft. It would be nice if there was one though. Reports of glowing skulls spooking the crew at night, etc, then a crystal-skull-free movie next May.

Blue Harvest and the Beast were simple and elaborate lies, both forgivable. I wonder what's next?

Dr.Sartorius

A poster from Indylounge.com claims to have insider knowledge of Indy 4 filming in
New Mexico

Here's what he said (take this with a grain of salt):

"OK...so I was horseback riding at my friend's HUGE ranch here outside of Las Cruces, New Mexico, and I saw some trucks and workers out in the distance. I asked what it was all about and Billy (the ranch owner) told me, "Oh that's just a Spielberg movie set being erected. They are paramount workers and the movie is going to shoot on or around June 26-27th. The movie is set in the 1950's and it's going to star Harrison Ford."
:-/ ??? :eek:
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER!!!!" :-X :-X
So I have a bit of inside info. One of which is a disappointing spoiler. Read on if you dare......
The ranch is a HUGE landscape of mountains as far as the eye can see. Billy, the owner, told me that they had showed him a painting of a couple of buildings side by side with a long fence and period cars and motorcycles parked there. **HERE'S the PROBLEM they are erecting a LAUNCH PAD!!!! ** There will also be a huge skid mark in the land that is supposed to be a crash site. So I guess the alien rumors are true, stupid as it sounds. I saw the guys who are erecting the set drive by. Before leaving almost as quickly as they came, they dropped off a case of beer to Billy and explained to him that they are feeling enormous pressure from paramount to keep quiet so they could no longer discuss the project. There is one guard there that stays at the shooting site 24/7 and sleeps in his car. Billy told me that they are also shooting at the Deming Air strip and commute an hour to his ranch every day!. Apparently a man was tossed off the property after taking pictures recently. This is all I know fellas. I feel kind of bad about posting it in the first place. I'm not sure if I should post this else ware. I'll take your advice and maybe it would be best to delete this whole thing. Let me know."

San Holo

Sounds like complete and utter BS from the get go. This bumpkin cowpoke refers to the shoot as "just a Spielberg movie with some guy named Harrison Ford":rolleyes: ..that's all I need to hear to dismiss this one.

Finn

Staff member
Yeah, I second that. The way this guy tells his supposed "backstory" makes me think that he couldn't even point New Mexico on the map.

By the way, as we already are in the spoiler forum there's no need to blacken out the text anymore. Thanks for picking the right thread on the fly though.

Besides, to point out another inconsistency, if it's supposed to be a big secret, how does the cattleherd know what he knows? I guess they can tell (or he can make an educated guess) that they're erecting a movie set, but to drop off the rest of the beans that can make any person with enough knowledge add up one plus one so that this guy can blurt it out at the local roadhouse Saturday night... yeah, right.

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I never know posting the Saucer Men script would lead to so much wonderful disinformation!

Here's another thing:
I never noticed how... :eek: dirty smilies looked :whip: (y) in the dark.
Maybe it's just me. (n)

Zorg

I stopped reading IMDB's forums a long time ago. If someone posted a message there saying that Harrison Ford will be replaced by a CGI monkey, people there'd believe it. :rolleyes:

Thank God for the Raven.