Favorite Scene In Indiana Jones 4

jasperjones

Funnily enough, my real beefs with the action scenes are that I wanted them to last longer! Actually, for me, pretty much anything with Dovchenko in was awesome.

Agent Crab

My favourite scenes?

I liked the quicksand/snake bit. I also liked it when Ox brought "help" back to Indy and company after the quicksand rescue scene. I liked the scene where Mutt and Indy were on the Motorcycle. Both rode into the school libray.

Still.. towards the end, I liked when Mutt handed Indy the Skeleton from the water also.

Jones_Happens

Indy Starman said:
My favourite scenes?

I liked the quicksand/snake bit. I also liked it when Ox brought "help" back to Indy and company after the quicksand rescue scene. I liked the scene where Mutt and Indy were on the Motorcycle. Both rode into the school libray.

Still.. towards the end, I liked when Mutt handed Indy the Skeleton from the water also.

These are all great scenes! Mutt throwing the snake at Indy time after time had me chuckling.

Bantu_Wind said:
The bit with the snake. I nearly cried how funny it was!
"I think I can touch the bottom!" "Call it a rope!"

I thought it was a great scene until they actually made Indiana grab the snake...cue the rubber.

It would've been better if Mutt just gave up and grabbed a nearby branch.

Should've stopped while they were ahead...They had the whole crowd going, but then killed the joke by continuing it and, as a result, lost some of the crowd.

Benraianajones

I liked quite a lot of scenes, I did like the intro, I think the part with the credits at the start is nice! I'm only 21, but I really liked the 1950s teens in the car egging the Soviets to "go faster!" to the Elvis music, and the landscape looked really nice too.

The warehouse scene was brilliant! When I heard the raiders music from the end of the original film, as they entered the building I was so excited. I wont be able to see the Raider's last scene now without imaging what happens there all those years later. Or, when I see the ark being put away forever, how it infact Spalko's flailing body when knocked out the jeep that causes the crate to somewhat smash open!

The motorbike chase was fun, it really was funny when Indy was dragged in one car window, then climbed out the other side. It was great to see the college again. It was touching seeing Marcus and Henry Jone's photos, to the music from Last Crusade.

I liked the cemetory part too, it was funny when Indy blew the dart in to the back of the warrior's throat.

I enjoyed Indy being forced to stare i to the skulls eyes, when Indiana says near the end "the skull told me to" regarding putting it back, I wonder if people seem to forget, the skull "spoke" to him in this scene. Irina also talks about her obsessive intetions here.

What I do like about the fim also, is the amount of time Indy and co spend "working" with Irina and co, but at the same time, battling against them.The jungle chase scene was great (no need for the tarzan scene, but could have been even worse!). The scene in the chase I especially liked, was the sword fight, and when I saw Spalko fall in to the back of Marion's car I thought "I hope i just saw that right! Marion and Spalko together!".

Though they didn't have a fist fight, I laughed when they turned to look at one another, and sort of raised an eyebrow at the prospect of them sharing a car together. I thought the scene where Spalko was hanging over the car, grabbing the gun and firing was good, as Marion bobbed down from the blasts. Seeing Spalko kick and punch was good too.

Another scene I liked was just when Indy and co started the chase, and Irina was holding the skull in the sack, and she stared crazily, adamant to keep posession of the skull, the music was good there, and when she had the skull and was getting away some portion in to the chase, the music and visuals were good there too.

The scene where Indys car crashed and then Irina's came flying over towards them as she shouted was amusing too, loved how she lost interest in the skull for a small moment as she tried to evade the man-eating ants. Seeing someone with as much dignity as Spalko being pitted against natural forces like ants, and monkeys did make me grin, had to laugh at the monkey that ran over her chest that made her bend backwards in the car, even though it is confusing why they decided to attack her!

Kind of grinned, and also a point were you realised Irina's obsession, was where she and the Soviets simply mowed down the warriors with guns when approaching the chamber of the skeletons.

The retracting staircase was good, but I wish it lasted a bit longer, and at least someone perished! I think Mac may as well had here!

The end scene with Spalko demanding knowledge was brilliant, she played the part so well, if only her death was a bit more gruesome I'd have been pleased! What does she say though, towards the end when the alien is alive? Does she say she's had enough now, or something? I didn't quite catch that bit.

Agent Z

Benraianajones said:
The end scene with Spalko demanding knowledge was brilliant, she played the part so well, if only her death was a bit more gruesome I'd have been pleased! What does she say though, towards the end when the alien is alive? Does she say she's had enough now, or something? I didn't quite catch that bit.

"I can see! I can see!

No more!
(can't make out this next line)

Enough! Enough!"

Munpa

Benraianajones said:
The motorbike chase was fun, it really was funny when Indy was dragged in one car window, then climbed out the other side.

Ahah that was PURE Indy.

The part with Indy's malinconic expression seeing the father photo with the 'Crusade Theme'.. very touching.

And i really liked the Snake scene, brilliant. :D

Perhilion

Agent Spalko said:
You mean the fake snake?
For God's sakes, what did you want them to do, rip a real snake in half??! We all know you hated the movie, get a life and stop b*tching about it every opportunity you get.

Jones_Happens

Perhilion said:
For God's sakes, what did you want them to do, rip a real snake in half??! We all know you hated the movie, get a life and stop b*tching about it every opportunity you get.

Amen to that!

I can just hear the PETA protests now over the snake being abused.

Canyon

I think that my absolutely favourite scene has to be the opening sequence from when you first see Indy and the following warehouse scenes. In fact, I adore that whole scene, when Indy finds out that Mac has double crossed him (which I suspected all along), "you got it, pal", Indy running off, the Raiders March starting up, Indy running off the edge of the boxes, crashing into the front of the jeep, all of those bits including seeing the Ark again! (y) I love the fact that the action does not stop as Indy is chased by Dovchenko, crashes into another room, smashes through some glass and ends up on a platform. The fight with the chains really reminds me of the rock crusher scene from ToD. :D

I would have to say that my other favourite scenes are when Indy and Mutt are in the market place and also the scene with the jungle cutters.

In fact, I think I love all of the scenes but these three are generally my favourite. :hat:

I have seen the movie five times now, and it gets better and better each time. ;)

No Ticket

It's a TIE for me...

The warehouse scene was incredilicious... all the way up to the atom bomb thing. I know it's kind of lame, the fridge scene, but it's better than the latter half of the film and better than "Monkeying-Around Mutt with Tarzan Swinging Action!"

And the motorcycle chase on campus with Mutt felt more LC and classic Indy then probably any other part of the film. I love when Indy goes through the window of the car and comes back out.

splish-splash

The Library scene
The motorbike chase
The warehouse scene
Snake /quicksand
Jungle chase/ sword fighting
The ants
the Doom Town scene

I could go on for a while, I pretty much liked the entire movie :)

The Man

When Spalko squishes the advancing ant between her knees. That was oddly arousing and made the nineteen-year wait worthwhile...:rolleyes: