Coolest "tough female" characters?

Robyn

Who would you nominate for coolest "tough female" characters? One of the things that make most of these characters so cool is that they can be bad ass and still be feminine and maternal.

here's a few of my favorite characters:

Karen Allen's Marion Ravenwood

marionpan.jpg

Geena Davis's Charly Baltimore (The Long Kiss Goodnight)

in11-5.jpg
long_kiss_goodnight1.jpg

Sigourney Weaver's Ellen Ripley (Aliens)

ripley1.jpg

Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman

Wonder.Woman.2x21.The.Girl.From2.jpg

KiKi Kat

demi-moore-gi-jane.jpg

Demi Moore, but only in GI Jane

11001342_gal.jpg

Susan Sarandon in Thelma and Louise

And Robyn, you hussie, you know that you should have left Wonder Woman for my answer. :p I'll let you slide by on this one though cause your nice. :D

Robyn

KiKi Kat said:
And Robyn, you hussie, you know that you should have left Wonder Woman for my answer. :p I'll let you slide by on this one though cause your nice. :D

Haha! lol Yeah I did steal the Wonder Woman answer! To make it up to you I'll add you to the cool list Kiki, you seem pretty kick ass!:cool:

I'll add Gillian Anderson's Dana Scully (xfiles), Scully's been known to kick some serious ass from time to time..

X_Files_Dana_Scully.jpg

Last edited:
Robyn said:
Haha! lol Yeah I did steal the Wonder Woman answer! To make it up to you I'll add you to the cool list Kiki, you seem pretty kick ass!:cool:

I'll add Gillian Anderson's Dana Scully (xfiles), Scully's been known to kick some serious ass from time to time..

X_Files_Dana_Scully.jpg

I second Gillian.

But shame on you for posting an image from First Person Shooter. Could you have picked a ****tier episode?

Here... Gillian going all Kung-Fu on some cyber nurses in Killswitch... Similar premise to First Person Shooter, only it doesn't suck **** through a straw...

Screenshot81.jpg

The Drifter

Miss Piggy is the toughest in my opinion. I'm not saying this to be funny either. She made Kermit walk the line and she would beat down any of the muppets who disagreed with whatever she was saying.
Miss Piggy was a badass, and she deserves to be on this list.
8154_mspigthe-muppet-show-miss-piggy-posters.jpg

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Beatrice Kiddo. If she don't kick your ass, then she'll probably chop something off.

Robyn

ResidentAlien said:
I second Gillian.

But shame on you for posting an image from First Person Shooter. Could you have picked a ****tier episode?

Here... Gillian going all Kung-Fu on some cyber nurses in Killswitch... Similar premise to First Person Shooter, only it doesn't suck **** through a straw...

*I have no idea why my other reply didn't show up but here's it is again..*

Oh hell yeah! I wanted a pic from Killswitch, glad you found one! And I agree with you, FPS was a sh*ty episode.. but her and Mulder looked kick ass with the machine guns, so I couldn't resist putting up a shot of her with that gun!

I know I don't get the kudos, but what movie is "tough girl" that you picked from?

Robyn said:
*I have no idea why my other reply didn't show up but here's it is again..*

Oh hell yeah! I wanted a pic from Killswitch, glad you found one! And I agree with you, FPS was a sh*ty episode.. but her and Mulder looked kick ass with the machine guns, so I couldn't resist putting up a shot of her with that gun!

I know I don't get the kudos, but what movie is "tough girl" that you picked from?

Let's give it a few hours more, eh? Maybe some of the film fanatics around these parts will figure it out...

...or perhaps not. It's possible I really am the only depraved creep on this board.

Also, for all of your X-Files screen-grab needs, look no further...

http://www.chrisnu.com/xfiles.html

Last edited:

metalinvader

Lonsome_Drifter said:
It's been a long time since I seen that movie. Ever see the sequel to it? It sucks.

Yeah.I havn't seen the film in ages myself.Ages as in 'Middle school sleepover horror film fest' sorta thing.As far as sequels go,I've never been that brave enough to have seen it.

Robyn

ResidentAlien said:
Let's give it a few hours more, eh? Maybe some of the film fanatics around these parts will figure it out...

...or perhaps not. It's possible I really am the only depraved creep on this board.

Also, for all of your X-Files screen-grab needs, look no further...

http://www.chrisnu.com/xfiles.html

Thanks for the screen grab link, the X-Files use to be kick ass, I loved Fight The Future as well, but the new movie "sucked sh*t through a straw" as you would say ;)

Robyn said:
Thanks for the screen grab link, the X-Files use to be kick ass, I loved Fight The Future as well, but the new movie "sucked sh*t through a straw" as you would say ;)

Pshaw! Take that back!

I vastly prefer I Want To Believe to Fight the Future.

FTF was, in my opinion, little more than excuse for elaborate set piece after elaborate set piece, loosely strung together with something approximating a plot. I do like it better on subsequent viewings, but it's still more style over substance. They went crazy with the expanded budget, sad to say.

But I Want to Believe, on the other hand... Mmmm. The thing I really like about it is its subtlety. It really takes its time to chew... And direct comparisons in the film itself aside, it is reminiscent of such series staples as Beyond the Sea and Tithonus, among others. Sure, the relationship stuff seemed forced and the jab at W was uncalled for and frankly stupid... But I think it's an infinitely more mature and restrained film than its predecessor.

Robyn

ResidentAlien said:
Pshaw! Take that back!

I vastly prefer I Want To Believe to Fight the Future.

FTF was, in my opinion, little more than excuse for elaborate set piece after elaborate set piece, loosely strung together with something approximating a plot. I do like it better on subsequent viewings, but it's still more style over substance. They went crazy with the expanded budget, sad to say.

But I Want to Believe, on the other hand... Mmmm. The thing I really like about it is its subtlety. It really takes its time to chew... And direct comparisons in the film itself aside, it is reminiscent of such series staples as Beyond the Sea and Tithonus, among others. Sure, the relationship stuff seemed forced and the jab at W was uncalled for and frankly stupid... But I think it's an infinitely more mature and restrained film than its predecessor.

No no you're right, I was being way to harsh on I Want to Believe, it was way more mature and better put together than Fight The Future. I suppose I just had trouble adjusting to "Doctor Scully"... But hey as far as a well a crafted mystery/thriller goes, I want to Believe surely succeeded. It just wasn?t the kind of xfiles I was in the mood for I guess.