Could Indy and Rick O'Connell combine forces? (movie idea)

chr0n0naut

This is the wrong place to ask "who would win out of Indy and Rick O'Connell" however I was wondering if anyone thought it might be an idea to have Rick O'Connell (from the Mummy Movies) and Indiana Jones go on an adventure together.

Alex (Rick's son) and Mutt might even get a dynamic going where they share what they think of their respective fathers.

It's just an idea. I don't think their "universes" couldn't exists with one another and remain canon. And it might be a good idea to compare how each of them tackle the problems they face and how they interact. I don't know if this kinda thing has been done in movies before (except mabye AvP or something) but I thought I might put it out there to see what others think...

S-23

Nah, the O'Connell character is sort of a rip off of Indiana Jones. Don't get me wrong, I liked The Mummy (parts 1 and 3 at least).
It would be like putting Vin Diesel and Jason Statham in a movie about driving cars really fast. Does that make any sense?

chr0n0naut

S-23 said:
Nah, the O'Connell character is sort of a rip off of Indiana Jones. Don't get me wrong, I liked The Mummy (parts 1 and 3 at least).
It would be like putting Vin Diesel and Jason Statham in a movie about driving cars really fast. Does that make any sense?

Yeah I guess so. Most movies with two heroes don't work. I just thought that since there are no contradicitions between the films, there'd be no reason why they couldn't work together or maybe even have Rick camio in Indy5.

Part of me was even hoping Indy would have a daughter in Indy4 named Lara. ;)

Nurhachi1991

chr0n0naut said:
This is the wrong place to ask "who would win out of Indy and Rick O'Connell" however I was wondering if anyone thought it might be an idea to have Rick O'Connell (from the Mummy Movies) and Indiana Jones go on an adventure together.

Alex (Rick's son) and Mutt might even get a dynamic going where they share what they think of their respective fathers.

It's just an idea. I don't think their "universes" couldn't exists with one another and remain canon. And it might be a good idea to compare how each of them tackle the problems they face and how they interact. I don't know if this kinda thing has been done in movies before (except mabye AvP or something) but I thought I might put it out there to see what others think...

kindergarten.jpg

STOP IT!!!

chr0n0naut

WillKill4Food said:
Definitely No.

aww come on. Lara Croft as Indy's daughter would have been an interesting concept. I know Harrison Ford and Jon Voight look significantly different and it could never be done NOW.

But it would kinda make sense. And it would be the best homage a copy-cat character can pay. :whip:

Finn

Staff member
chr0n0naut said:
aww come on. Lara Croft as Indy's daughter would have been an interesting concept. I know Harrison Ford and Jon Voight look significantly different and it could never be done NOW.

But it would kinda make sense. And it would be the best homage a copy-cat character can pay. :whip:
Nope, even with all the corniness aside, it doesn't work. Think. To be Indy's daughter at the time of KotCS, Lara would have to be at least in her fifties at this modern day.

Now, granddaughter, maybe... but still something probably best left explored in a realm of fan fiction.

Indy's Fist

I like the idea, however I don't think it would ever happen. Both characters are great but in the end it would have been like having Cary Grant or Humphey Bogart team up with Harrison Ford. I don't think it would go over very well.

Maybe as a comic book crossover. That way it would be in the "what if" universe.

Indy's Fist

Indy's Fist said:
I like the idea, however I don't think it would ever happen. Both characters are great but in the end it would have been like having Cary Grant or Humphey Bogart team up with Harrison Ford. I don't think it would go over very well.

Maybe as a comic book crossover. That way it would be in the "what if" universe.

By the way chr0n0naut I gotta say you're braver than I am! I was going to start a thread like this about a month ago but I was afraid of the negative backlash! So congats are in order for braving the storm and saying what was on many of our minds, thank you! :cool:

Le Saboteur

chr0n0naut said:
...I was wondering if anyone thought it might be an idea to have Rick O'Connell... and Indiana Jones go on an adventure together.

No. They're only tacitly related; both started in a similar place, but went in completely different directions. Indy flirts with the preternatural, and O'Connell positively revels in it. The end goal is also different -- the fight w/the monster vs. securing the Macguffin.

chr0n0naut said:

Good. God. No.

Conceptually speaking though, an O'Connell-like character could exist in the Indyverse. Once you scrape off the outer layers, he's a soldier of fortune out to get "his" in an era when it was still possible to do so with a measure of force and charm. With that in mind, I posit that Mac is O'Connell-esque.

Mac.jpg

Mac

mummyoconnell.jpg

O'Connell