The thing you and ONLY you think you noticed

XanaduEli

• And this last one isn't a goof but every time I watch KotCS I hear Dovchenko saying “hey, tight ass!” while grabbing at Marion at the beginning of the jungle chase before grabbing the wheel. I know it means something in Russian but my warped mind hears Dovchenko complementing Marion's ass! Does anyone else hear this? And if not what does he actuall say in Russian?:hat:

I think I just about killed myself laughing when I watch this scene a few minutes ago. It certainly does sound like he is saying "Tight ass." I wont ever think that he is speaking Russian ever again now. :D

I think this is the correct quote, I got it from the Russian Translation thread.
Dovchenko: "Kuda? Ti! Stayat!" = "Where [are you going]? You! Stand still!"

Last edited:

Col. Detritch

Thanks for the translation XanaduMel.

Oh and by the way, now that you've heard it, you can't un-hear it. It will forever be "hey tight ass!":p

One other thing I've noticed but never heard discussed was that fact that Elsa tells Donovan that Indy and Henry have escaped. But Vogel was there when it happened. Why didn't he report it?

Or if it refers to their escape from the Zeppelin; how did they report this. The radio was dead and by the looks of where they were it would have taken a considerable amount of time land the blimp and contact Elsa once they were gone.:hat:

Faleel

Col. Detritch said:
Thanks for the translation XanaduMel.

Oh and by the way, now that you've heard it, you can't un-hear it. It will forever be "hey tight ass!":p

One other thing I've noticed but never heard discussed was that fact that Elsa tells Donovan that Indy and Henry have escaped. But Vogel was there when it happened. Why didn't he report it?

Or if it refers to their escape from the Zeppelin; how did they report this. The radio was dead and by the looks of where they were it would have taken a considerable amount of time land the blimp and contact Elsa once they were gone.:hat:

it was after/during the plane escape that they contacted Elsa/Command

fenris

indyswk said:
Oops. Just read backwards and found out someone else noticed this too.

Oh here's another: when Henry Sr. shot up the plane's tail, the tail exploded in pieces but the shots of the plane in flight show a pretty much complete tail (with just what seem like 2 engineered holes in it) .

There's more to that... if Henry Sr. shot up the tail, they wouldn't lose altitude, but they'd lose maneuverability. Indy wouldn't be able to use the rudder and the plane would've been wobbling from side to side instead of going down.

Montana Smith

fenris said:
There's more to that... if Henry Sr. shot up the tail, they wouldn't lose altitude, but they'd lose maneuverability. Indy wouldn't be able to use the rudder and the plane would've been wobbling from side to side instead of going down.

You mean it would become less aerodynamic than a fridge? ;)

Gear

Well, forgive any blatant ignorance if this has been brought up on the boards already (or within the 225 posts of this thread).

But I've noticed the 'Easter egg' on the top shelf in this scene...

[EDIT] Just realized this is in the TRILOGY forum.

Eh, make of it what you will.

Gear

Yeah.

I don't believe in 'coincidence', and that goes for film too. So, I think it's a nice set up in the shot.

Col. Detritch

I don't know if anyone else knowticed this but Ronald Lacey appears at the Nazi Rally in LC. It's not obvious and he isn't credited but I'm sure it's him. He plays Heinrich Himmler.

crusade_deleted_271.jpg

He's in front of Elsa to the right. He can also be seen walking with Hitler having flowers passed across him.:hat:

shazamtd

Col. Detritch said:
I don't know if anyone else knowticed this but Ronald Lacey appears at the Nazi Rally in LC. It's not obvious and he isn't credited but I'm sure it's him. He plays Heinrich Himmler.

crusade_deleted_271.jpg

He's in front of Elsa to the right. He can also be seen walking with Hitler having flowers passed across him.:hat:

According to Wikipedia you're right. (y) Way to go!

fenris

Montana Smith said:
You mean it would become less aerodynamic than a fridge? ;)

Hahaha!

One thing about that fridge scene. I was hoping that there would've been more fridges flying around to make it more believable (yeaaahhhhh.... right) that a fridge can survive the explosion. They could've had Indy step out into a graveyard of charred fridges... :D

Montana Smith

fenris said:
Hahaha!

One thing about that fridge scene. I was hoping that there would've been more fridges flying around to make it more believable (yeaaahhhhh.... right) that a fridge can survive the explosion. They could've had Indy step out into a graveyard of charred fridges... :D

That's a good point, fenris!

There was a lively discussion a long while back on the possibility of Indy's survival.

Considering these points:

1. Photographs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki show that even insubstantial objects, such as trees and walls were still standing after the bomb.

2. A blast wave will carry objects clear.

3. It’s not just a normal fridge – fridges aren’t normally lead-lined. It was a fridge built as part of the experiment.

They should have showed us a lot more debris being thrown clear - fridges, cookers, toasters...!

indyclone25

Montana Smith said:
That's a good point, fenris!

There was a lively discussion a long while back on the possibility of Indy's survival.

Considering these points:

1. Photographs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki show that even insubstantial objects, such as trees and walls were still standing after the bomb.

2. A blast wave will carry objects clear.

3. It?s not just a normal fridge ? fridges aren?t normally lead-lined. It was a fridge built as part of the experiment.

They should have showed us a lot more debris being thrown clear - fridges, cookers, toasters...!

if you read the comic adaptation of kotcs they draw more debris , which should have been seen in the movie ,

Indy's brother

Indy"Ale" Jones said:
In Raiders, in the bar, right after Belloq tells Indy to sit down before he falls down, Indy gives some kind of spastic type motion to him that I have always thought really funny, and never really noticed it until my wife pointed it out.

Pffssshhahahahahahaha!!!! I just saw that watching ROTLA on my laptop and was laughing like a mental patient!!! Can't BELIEVE I never saw that! This is my favorite one in this thread now. AWESOME.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
I think I'm the only one who noticed what the Marshall College team name is...

Your tricky trivia!

Was it mentioned in KOTCS?

I watched it yesterday but didn't notice anything, or any references.

What I did notice was how even the wonders of blu-ray and theatre surround sound couldn't overcome the seemingly constant light-hearted nature of this movie. So many jokes, looks, and comic scenes.

Talk of Indy's skeleton turning up in video games make me think that Lucas and Spielberg intentionally made KOTCS as a parody of the series - the furthest point they could take the premise. As I wrote in another thread, it's quite possibly the curse of Jar-Jar Binks.

You really have to close your mind to a lot of it, to notice the great stuff that is in there.